Full Screen Overview Active on Beta

DeletedUser

there a texture bug i found, and 2 lil idea that could be cool to see in the future, except if this is the final result

1. on the upper left corner of the academy, there a chunk of texture missing from the thermal bath it looks like a shadow is over the texture of the academy, just let you know.

2a. would be cool to see the farm get bigger when you lvl them up like more crop field etc...

2b. and on the small island would be cool to put a statue of the god that is currently worship just for decoration or could put the tower on the island would look cool idk.

anyways it looks great :)

DeletedUser17103

Boris, that's an interesting idea though would this animation play continuously from the moment the attack was launched or only as it became more imminent? Because i think this idea could be changed slightly to show a certain image when the city is under revolt or under siege (is that still going? haven't played in a while...:p).

Also the same idea i previously mentioned (miscellaneous buildings which increase along with the point size of the city) could be applied to troop numbers, for example when a city is stacked with birs there may be a few more in the ocean than normally, just an idea that would fill in some of the empty space.

DeletedUser

Can not switch to island view

The new look is fine but not very necessary IMHO.

However, I have few questions?

1) How can we easily switch to the island view
I need it for trade and farming villages purposes.

I can not easily switch to the island view, I have to choose a city not belonging to me and then choose my city on the map.
What is the point I am missing here?
Regards,
T.

DeletedUser30490

easy click the icon marked in yellow mate...
Z4McIEn.png

DeletedUser5819

I love the city overview, imo it is how it should have been from the start.

My response and load time for changing city has completely disappeared - I actually have to check the city name to know that it has changed. This is wonderful.

I have taken a few days to get used to it, and I have only one gripe. I have to actively keep checking the ocean/island view to know when my farms are ready. Before I would know immediately as the background white spots in my peripheral vision would disappear. I farm 73 isles 3x a day, so for me this is a big deal.

In the past I did not support an alert for when farms are ready, but now I would. Perhaps the advisor triangle could light up when 1 or more farms are ready, so you could choose to go look for them. For most with the advisor they would all come ready within minutes of each other anyway.

I hope it will be the last UI change for a while now, as it looks great and performs really well.

DeletedUser45085

In the past I did not support an alert for when farms are ready, but now I would. Perhaps the advisor triangle could light up when 1 or more farms are ready, so you could choose to go look for them. For most with the advisor they would all come ready within minutes of each other anyway.

I like the idea, maybe put an animated graphic on the edge of the city overview (outside the city walls) of a farming village and ssomething like a tax collecter with a cart. if the cart is full then u have villages for that town that are ready for a demand/loot. something in the topleft corner or bottom right corner or both.

DeletedUser5819

I think only one indicator somewhere, but the somewhere needs to not be in the area that the senate window naturally opens over. Whilst I really like the new scenery, I am not going to visit the cities just to see it. One of the building overviews is going to be open all the time I am there.

I should probably put in the effort to put this in Ideas for discussion.

EDIT: I have found another gripe :p

Previously if a festival finished, the graphic would still show it being celebrated until you either refreshed your screen or changed city. Now changing city doesn't achieve this. I have to either click the agora or refresh my screen, or constantly click through the advisor festival overview.

The city picture really should only show a celebration going on if it is, or at worst, if it was when you arrived in the city, like it used to.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22217

No functionality at all.
Looks pretty yes, but I never was a fan of fashion TV, I have always preferred to PLAY strategy games.
I would ask for an option so users can select not to use the full screen.
IT is not functional and teases my eyes when I try to do some switching between cities, I don't use the city view and I don't like it popping up in full screen all the time.

DeletedUser5819

No functionality at all........ I don't use the city view and I don't like it popping up in full screen all the time.
So apart from it popping up all the time and looking nice, what do you actually not like about it? What functionality does it lack that the other had? Give us some clues please :)

DeletedUser22217

Why something that I don't use should pop up in front of me all the time?
At least move the select button in the middle of the menu that pops out when a city is clicked.
City overview has been been in the middle till ow, but when used it didn't fill my screen with useless graphics.
What is the point of a button that fills my screen with useless graphics?
I want to have a choice.
Whoever likes it- enjoy it, don't care.
But I don't and don't have a choice that I don't like even more.
Clear now Sirlon?
Or you just like to nag?

DeletedUser

Kind of getting used to it already, though I would still like those city view and island view buttons to be much bigger and in a more visible location.

DeletedUser42857

Got to admit, since it was released, i havnt used the new city view once.

I dont actually see the point in using it, quicker to click senate overview, and at least with senate overview you can see which buildings you have enough resources to build. City overview you have to mouseover them one by one. Im sure its great for new users, but for people who have either been playing a while or have administrator its fairly useless, compounded by the fact every single city still looks the same.

But Inno are excited about it, so I just roll with it. :)

DeletedUser42857

Why something that I don't use should pop up in front of me all the time?
At least move the select button in the middle of the menu that pops out when a city is clicked.

that annoys me to, accidentally double clicking and ending up in city view. :S

DeletedUser

I really like this idea of cosmetical change, but goddamnit, if you are doing something, do it properly!

Why did the existing features disapper with the update?
I mean, I like the new paved road, I always wanted this feature, but what happended to the paths? Why did they suddenly disappear? Same about the farmlands, the night version of the overview and a lot of sound effects are not working for me as well.

Moreover, as it was mentioned before me, the city does not look good at all with this overview. It just looks pathetically small and empty. With the previous overview a player could imagine a residental area around the city, but now that the neighbourhood is shown, it just looks very empty. An expanding and developing rural environment (and also paths and paved roads) depending on the city point would fix this and improve this update greatly. Seriously, what happened to the basics of this concept shown here: http://www.innogames.com/en/blog/2014/05/update-2-60-grepolis-introduces-new-city-overview/?
The city wall was always a bit weird for me, but now it just looks pathetic. I mean, who believes this would stop anyone from entering the city if the attacker is able to simply walking a few steps on a rocky slope?

I really hope that it's not a finished version yet, and you are going to fix in the next patch(es), but the fact that you implemented it into all of the servers (not just the Beta), and the 2.61 update did not fix any of these things makes me worry... Please reassure me that this is not the final form of the city overview!