Wish List Full set of Gods

DeletedUser52331

Proposal: To include 12 of the Greek Olympians (Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Hermes) instead of just Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Athena, Hades, and Artemis. Basically all 12 instead of the select 6. Please note - There are 13 olympians but Hades was not included as he spent most of his time in the underworld.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

I have. This idea has come up a few times and I feel that it has never been explained thoroughly enough. There is one that does go into detail but some units were a bit too overpowered or underpowered.

Reason:

At the moment we have only 6 gods. It begins to get boring to see the same units and spells over and over again. By introducing new gods we would open up a new aspect of the game. This would really make the game interesting. The worlds only seem to differ by revolt or conquest or speed or alliance caps, which are all minor changes. To make this game realistic, all of the greek gods should be included. NB - I have missed out Dionysus / Hestia

Details:

Demeter - Goddess of the Harvest

Spells:

1) Bountiful Harvest
Increases wood production by 85% for 3 hours 120 favour

2) Cultural Revelations
For 30 mins the chance to double culture points is available DOES NOT WORK IF ORPHEUS IS IN THE CITY 420k favour

3) Happy Farmers
The mood of all farming villages is increased by 20% 300 favour

4) Plentiful Trade
For 3 hours any trades made with the Phoenician merchant have a 50% chance of the received goods doubled 220 favour

Mythical Units:

1) Arion - Arion was a magical immortal horse. I suggest that it is used similar to the Pegasus but does not fly - However, it should require very little space on transport ships and have better offensive values as well.

2) Dryades - Dryades were the nymphai of trees and shrubs. They should be cheap to buy, use about 12-18 free pop, very quick and carry lots of loot. Main use would be to gather resources. Very weak in defence but in numbers strong in attack.

Apollo - God of Music, Truth, and Philosophy

Spells:

1) Apollo's Lyre
All researches in the academy are accelerated by 100% in the next 3 hours (Similar to Call of the Ocean and Population Growth) 80 favour

2) Prophecy
When offline - For 3 hours all offensive units are sent out of the city when an attack is imminent 360 favour

3) Arrows of Plague
When enacted upon a city, 10% of units stationed there are destroyed by a deadly plague (Like all negative attacks, this can only be done once an hour, but I suggest that this one should be three hours 450 favour

4) Military Gift
The chosen city receives 5 slingers 70 favour

Mythical Units:

1) Wolf - One of Apollo's sacred animals, the wolf is relatively cheap (Priced similar to Cerberus) fast moving unit. Well rounded in both attack and defence, but with one flaw. Very low defence against blunt weapons.

2) Raven - Another of Apollo's sacred animals, the raven is a flyer, and like the manticore should be a sharp weapon. However, the raven's speed should only be topped by the Pegasus, with speed 100, and should be priced similar to the griffin.

Ares - The Patron of warriors, and the god of war

Spells:

1) Cry of Strength
All sharp units gain a 15% increase in offense and defence 100 favour

2) Insurmountable Gates
When placed on a city, for every 500 (Maybe 1000?) DLU there, a 5% increase in defence 350 (400?) favour

3) Ares' Rage
When enacted on a city, 5% of the cities units are driven by a death-defying rage, joining the attacking force and fighting with a 10% boost of Offensive values 400 favour

4a) Courage - Only for Morale worlds
When applied on an attack, the soldiers are infused with a sense of courage, and morale is immmediately raised to somewhere between 85 and 100% at random 220 favour

4b) Call to Arms
Depending on the level of the farm, every 1 of the 5 militia become a hoplite, swordsman, or archer at random

Mythical Units:

1) Deimos - Deimos was a minor deity, a god of fear. I suggest that he be made into a mythical unit, very strong in defence, very slow, with a poor attack. He however, to set him apart from Cerberus, should be able to gain a defence buff against flyers.

2) Kyknos - Kynos was a warrior who, a son of Ares, challenged Heracles in battle and was slain. Kyknos is slow, well rounded, and takes up a lot of free pop. Similar to Erynes with sharp weapons

Aphrodite - Goddess of Love and Beaty

Spells:

1) Love
The barracks work 50% more efficiently for 3 hours 120 favour

2) Merry Trade
When shipping resources from two cities, Merry Trade will make the resources arrive at the city immediately 340 favour

3) Aphrodite's Dove
Similar to a Harbour Check/Spy, Aphrodite's Dove flies to an enemy city, and sends back a report of all defensive boats - Biremes, Triremes, or Fire Ships in the city at the time. Unlike a spy, the player who has the spell enacted on him/her also receives a report that they have been spied on Not too sure for this one.... 100-250 favour I think...

4) Trojan Siege
The chosen city receives a catapult 100 favour

Mythical Units:

1) Anaes - It's hard to find mythical units for Aphrodite, as most of hers involve friendly happy people with no clothes on... Anaes was an ally of Troy in the Trojan war and was a son of Aphrodite. He should be similar to a centaur, but slower and with blunt attack.

2) Charybdis - Charybdis is another Naval myth... Made famous by Odysseus passing throught the strip of water between Charybdis and Scylla. Charybdis should only be used in defence. I suggest that as the Hydra has 1310 and 1400 offense and defence respectively, that Charybdis receives 2500 defence and 50 attack. Expensive and reuiring a high temple level, Charybdis could seriously secure a harbour.

Hephaestus - God of the Stone Masonry, and Fire

1) Pandora's Box
A random spell from any of the other god is cast on a city. This relates to the myth of Pandora's box, therefore this spell should be able to be negative or positive effects.

2) Cast From Olympus
Reduces Enemy Favour loot to 0 next attack (expires after next favour loot attack)

CREDIT GOES TO FIST OF THE NORTH STAR FOR THESE TWO - HE SUGGESTED THEM BEFORE I DID.

3) Fiery Blast
When cast upon a city, it destroys 20-50% of Fire Ships or Biremes in a fiery blaze. 70% Chance of hitting Fire ships, 30% chance of hitting biremes.

4) Faulty Sails
The attacking navy is 15% slower

Mythical Units:

1) Talos - Talos was a winged man sort of thing. He is huge, powerful, slow moving creature, balanced in attack and defence and able to fly. Expensive but very strong.

2) Cabeiri - The Cabeiri were a group of underworld spirits, closely worshipped with Hephaestus. The Cabeiri should be fast moving land units, with very strong attacks and low defence. They should be relatively cheap to buy, but very very strong in attack but small carrying capacity.

Hermes - God of Heraldry, Thieves, and Luck

Spells:

1) Gambler's Luck
Luck of an attack is raised by a non-zero percent value 400 favour

2) Deceptive Ambassadors
Captures 10% of the resources currently in a chosen city. Cannot be enacted on a player smaller than you. 270 favour

3) Divine Messenger
The chosen city receives 2 horsemen 60 favour

4) Celeriter Scroll
Hermes sends down a divine scroll. Your units move 50% faster for 6 hours 350 favour

Mythical Units:

1) Argus - Argus was a 100 eyed beast, extremely strong in defence. Argus should be extremely strong against blunt and sharp weapons, with a weakness against ranged weapons. He should be slow and powerful.

2) Ram - One of Hermes' Sacred animals was the ram. Strong, determined, and brave, the ram will fight with it's deadly horns to the death. The ram should be similar to the Calydonian Boar of Artemis, but stronger, quicker, with more loot. It should also be stronger in attack than defence.

Visual Aids:

I will try to work on this a bit later

Balance:

This is already balanced, as gods are free to worship, and the temple levels should not be ridiculously high for most units.

Abuse Prevention:

Token levels may need to be taken down slightly, as huge armies if these could be unstoppable. However, most players have the same access to the tokens, and a 85 manticore token is already unstoppable....

Summary:

To add new gods to the game. To have 40 worlds with the same gods becomes a bore, and finding out how the new units and spells work would really add a new and interesting aspect to the game.

Hope you like what you see and please comment if you think anything needs changing!

DeletedUser31385

It is on the do not suggest list. Any idea that has not been passed, failed, suggested before, or is on the DNS list is fine.

DeletedUser40768

So can I not submit this for the competition?

My suggestion would be to try and use their basic feature you want them to have and make them heroes. The game is set at keeping 6 gods, and frankly I don't think we need anymore. Heroes on the other hand we can definitely use some more. Then again I am not very good with advice lol

DeletedUser31385

My suggestion would be to try and use their basic feature you want them to have and make them heroes. The game is set at keeping 6 gods, and frankly I don't think we need anymore. Heroes on the other hand we can definitely use some more. Then again I am not very good with advice lol

Well... I do think heroes need more involvement other than just attacking/defending and providing bonuses.

DeletedUser

Can I say some of these spells are just stupidly overpowerful? Take a look at Apollo for example, guy could clean a turtle in no time with arrows of plague. And prophecy would never be allowed, goes against all the game devs have been trying to do for years leaning towards app/gold users.