Funeral Oration- Nickossa

Pennaone

Phrourach
Nickossa,
With all the hate we've shared the past days it sure was hard for me to make this thread. However, I just wanted to make it to congratulate you on your grepo skills and to say good luck in life.
Thanks for the fights,
Pennaone

DeletedUser

Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

And if you come, when all the flowers are dying
And I am dead, as dead I well may be
You'll come and find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an "Ave" there for me.

And I shall hear, tho' soft you tread above me
And all my dreams will warm and sweeter be
If you'll not fail to tell me that you love me
I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.

I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.

DeletedUser

Nickossa:

Good luck sir, your a great player, being number 1 in Chi for so long is a testament to your skill, and I salute you for that. Its a shame you have left, wish it could have been on better terms between us and you, but thats the way the story goes, I suppose.

Anyway, the worlds been grittier and more entertaining with you in it, a lot more chaotic, if you will. Its been good.

Cheers mate
Boh

DeletedUser21270

Farewell Ben,

Im not sure how you will all look at this post, you may say its looking at things through rose tinted glasses seeing as i have been shoulder to shoulder with ben for what seems like ages now, and i just wanted to put my perspective on him, as a player and as a person.

I firt met nickossa (Ben) when i was part of the alliance Ragnarok (who?? lol)
and Titans of Tartarus first came calling. Basically they smashed us to bits in a matter of 2-3 days but, through all of this, ben was in constant contact with me, urging me on to stand up and at least go down fighting ( which i did although very badly lol) and he was not at all aggressive or anything like that, more encouraging, i think he liked my attitude.

Anyway T O T took my biggest city, left me with 2500 points but told me they would keep a little eye on me, told me to grow and come back when i thought i was ready for them and they would look at recruiting me, so i did just that, i joined them and never looked back.

Back to my main point though, ever since i joined T O T, Ben has always been willing to help, not just me but any of us who needed it.
Troops, resources, anything, but most importantly of all, he taught a lot of us the finer points of playing this game, not just attacking but defence too, how to build cities and optimise them for different troop set ups , which types of islands were best for which types of troops etc etc.
He was alaways thinking of new ideas to make both him and us better.
If you had a conquest in the middle of the night and you needed help, some guy called nickossa would be there with you on skype ready to help out, because he wanted to help you as well , not just because he felt obliged to, he just wanted to.

I know there will be a lot of people in Grepo who will never have seen this side of ben , some of you will probably not care too much for him , but for me the guy is a star , a great leader and a great friend to me on Grepo , under his guidance i went from 2.5k to 405k points in 4 months, without him i would have been rimmed in a week.

Sorry to ramble on but i felt i had to , im not much longer for this game either , this forum is my only contact now, so before i went i just wanted to share my views.

so see you later you northern monkey! from your cockney w++++r disciple.

DeletedUser

dont make this sound like he is no more :p
i will say good luck n corinth.. :D

BTW stepanovs did u also quit???

DeletedUser21270

im on vm at the moment, but yes i think i will have to sas,

rl is not being v kind to my fam at the moment.

its a shame but no real choice, i just dont have time and my priorities obviously with my family

DeletedUser

Guys in all honesty, my banter in chi was nohing more, i am honoured to have played with all of you guys and please accept my apoligise if i ever seemed rude. Your all great players and if you have a question about anyting just mail me In the forum, i will be happy to help and pennaone thanks mate, hate is such a strong word aswell. Farewell guys its a shame my missus made me get rid of my biggest server, was alloud to stay on Corinth though due to it being no way as much time consuming. All the best guys and thanks

DeletedUser

He wasn't banned. His wife laid down the law.

Anyway, as of yet, I remain unimpressed with this funeral oration. Pericles would embarrass all y'all with his oration skills.

DeletedUser

His wife banned him? How come he can still play Corinth but not Chi?

DeletedUser

Take the time to read the posts, Awesomeknight. He said this server was too time consuming, his wife said his other server was ok because he plays more casually there.