GAME RULES

Siaz

Hipparchus
first time heard of a term spamming, what is it and what is and what is not allowed? can i send attacks whenever i want?

Siaz

Hipparchus
§9) Fair-play

Grepolis is a competitive game, and the team are the referees. All disputes about rules breaches and ambiguous cases are the responsibility of the team and all the decisions are final.

Siaz

Hipparchus
i always send minimum unless its catapults because the luck changes and also it denies any spells i might receive on the attack

DeletedUser57788

Don't bother trying to get anything from Hydna or Mike about the intricacies of the spam rule. They change up the rules as and when they please and never even reveal what's allowed. If enough people report you, the mods will ban you. Simple as that

Siaz

Hipparchus
Don't bother trying to get anything from Hydna or Mike about the intricacies of the spam rule. They change up the rules as and when they please and never even reveal what's allowed. If enough people report you, the mods will ban you. Simple as that
wow i am actualy shocked someone might just organize a mass report to get someone banned

Aicy

Strategos
Spamming as in doing lots of attacks is against the rules?

That's crazy to me. I thought it was part of the game.

On tribalwars (the precursor to Grepolis) there is no farming villages, and the term "farming" comes from repeatedly attacking all the nearby players in order to steal their resources

1saaa

Strategos
In an ideal world, the rule is kept vague to prevent people from evading a specific rule by going just under the limit.

It's not an ideal solution though.

pyropirate

Chiliarch
Spamming as in doing lots of attacks is against the rules?

That's crazy to me. I thought it was part of the game.

On tribalwars (the precursor to Grepolis) there is no farming villages, and the term "farming" comes from repeatedly attacking all the nearby players in order to steal their resources

farming and spammin are way different tho, farming is a big attack to get as much res as possible but spamming is just 1 ls around the hour or making someones alarm go off constantly

Thooury

Hekatontarch
In an ideal world, the rule is kept vague to prevent people from evading a specific rule by going just under the limit.

It's not an ideal solution though.
ah yes
you shall now drive home after work, not knowing the speed limit. because the law states "don't drive too fast, or too slow"
good luck with that.

the "just under the limit" excuse is bullshit. If I'm allowed to drive 15 mph, and I drive 14,9 I shouldn't get a ticket either.
if "just under the limit" is too high then the limit should be lowered

Siaz

Hipparchus
i think the limit doesnt exist, ive spoken with an admin and my conclusion is that they decide whether the nature of attacks are intentionaly to trigger alarm without any purpose

1saaa

Strategos
ah yes
you shall now drive home after work, not knowing the speed limit. because the law states "don't drive too fast, or too slow"
good luck with that.

the "just under the limit" excuse is bullshit. If I'm allowed to drive 15 mph, and I drive 14,9 I shouldn't get a ticket either.
if "just under the limit" is too high then the limit should be lowered
Your comparison is very flawed, the fair play rule exists to try and discourage players from obnoxious spam attacks in general. Putting an explicit limit only limits the amount of attacks, not eliminate an issue altogether. It is deliberately left vague so that mods can use their judgement on a case by case basis.

DeletedUser57788

Most of the other markets have actual guidelines for spam. EN is the only market which doesn't. They claim it's because people from various time-zones play this server, but the truth is so they can ban anyone without having to explain why they were banned. It's BS

pyropirate

Chiliarch
i think the limit doesnt exist, ive spoken with an admin and my conclusion is that they decide whether the nature of attacks are intentionaly to trigger alarm without any purpose

thats how it should be imo, if you put a limit on it, that will hinder hcing people under revolt etc. but if they ban purely on intent that would be better