Inactive Topic Game Variant - The Art of War

DeletedUser12512

The Art of War

Proposal:
A new map/game type for faster rounds and a viable 'end-game' to determine a winner.

Have you Checked
Pretty certain this one is a new idea, even if speed rounds have been suggested and/or implemented in the past

Reason:
In Grepolis 'will' more than 'skill' wins a war. What I propose is that we have a place to test our skill as well, and not one that requires us to be online for 24 hours a day like a speed 50 world, but rather a tactical and strategic game that requires a shorter time to play, with a clearly defined 'winner' at the end of it.

The changes to the mechanics of the game should be marginal, and the set-up wouldn't alter much in the front end/graphics all that much either.

Details:

Micro Map
6 Starting area directions
No Core starts
Your direction is your team / alliance is made up of your color
6000 pop max in the world
1000 member alliance limit (likely there will be numurous alliances in the same team/color)

Settings:
Speed 2
Morale: Inactive
Beginners protection: 5 days
Alliance Limit: 1000
Type: Conquest/Revolt (either is fine)

Winning Conditions: - Samples of winning conditions, not all of them need to be present in each round/server)
1) Capture the majority of all 4 core oceans (most cities per core ocean with a minimum of 50)
or:
2) Eliminate all other alliances/colors
or:
3) Build 4 Wonders

Stipulations:
Colonization only possible in the core (Colonization is not possible in the ‘points’)
Conquest can occur in an opposing colors territory or the core or in your own team color area
Cannibalization of your own teams members may be a viable growth strategy

Optional Variants:
a) Random starting location only (no premades + even distribution)
b) No Shared forums
c) Pacts are viewable to all

Visual Aids:
TAOW.gif

Balance:
Game features do not really change, game map, set-up and winning conditions would, but all within the current realm of possible for devs.

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Summary:
I just thought it would be interesting to have a micro map server with an end game. Quick, painless, and offers an eventual winner

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

when u say speed 2 is there a difference between world speed and unit speed

DeletedUser12512

I don't much care. Speed 2 refered to world speed, but I suppose it could also be applied to unit speed as well.

DeletedUser

u mention Conquest/Revolt which 1 is it conquest or revolt

DeletedUser12512

I think you might be missing the point, this is an idea, it's open for discussion. I just thought it would be interesting to have a micro map server with an end game. Quick, painless, and offers an eventual winner hypothetically. It doesn't matter whether it's conquest or revolt, or speed 2 is also unit speed. You can choose one, but if you do explain why you did other then the 'i like it better' explanation.

try to direct your comments on the concept of the server, not neccesarily the settings if they aren't going to detract from the gameplay

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well it already has my interest. now with the fine details. of what the world will be exactly

not really interested in commenting.

DeletedUser

The map seals it for me (cause it shows what you mean). Love it.

DeletedUser17088

It would probably be better to leave the World wonders out of a server like this in their current state (6 months, top 12 alliance sum) If they were altered then it would be great.

Assuming that this server is to be reset and replayed every time the endgame is achieved then Innogames will get their money worth from the server. It also drives you to play with those you have possibly never encountered before and eliminates premades (like you said)

Big fan of this idea!

DeletedUser

It would probably be better to leave the World wonders out of a server like this in their current state (6 months, top 12 alliance sum) If they were altered then it would be great.

Assuming that this server is to be reset and replayed every time the endgame is achieved then Innogames will get their money worth from the server. It also drives you to play with those you have possibly never encountered before and eliminates premades (like you said)

Big fan of this idea!

Well if he likes it this must be a good idea :p anyway, I like it too:)

DeletedUser

I like the idea of random starting points, if it stops premades it may stop the exodus of new players

DeletedUser

i have to say i like the idea because i thought of it the other day . . . but credits to u :D actually going thru with this idea (i did not give it to him/her he/she simply robbed my brain) :( lol but yea for the players ? hmmm itll have to be tested for sure lol

although i would say that it would also work with premades, except its not 1 premade per point. u could scatter the alliances and have a single alliance rule a point and then conquer the middle . . . (makes it more exciting i would think)

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
This would force players to think differently in terms of strategy. I also agree with Fotns that the WW should be left out cause they would take forever to build and the server wouldn't ever end. This seems like it could be a fun new way to play the game

DeletedUser13936

This idea is pure genius. I will use my mod-control device to send it to the devs. Oops my wi-fi is down today, sorry.

I hope i'm not giving Inno anymore ideas but i would pay good money to play this mode.