Gaming mouse pads

DeletedUser11595

If you're going to invest $50 or more in a great gaming mouse, it couldn't hurt to plunk down just a little bit more for a great mouse pad to go with it. While mouse pads aren't the absolute necessity they were back in the days of ball mice, they still provide a comfortable, streamlined surface that won't wear down your mouse or get it too dirty over time.
Of the models I tested, I liked the Rantopad MAX Super Large Aluminum Gaming Mouse Pad is the best. It's unpretentious, elegant and, best of all, cheap. However, models from Logitech, SteelSeries, Razer and smaller companies performed similarly well.

But the price range of this product is less compared to its peers.Ive been using it for a quite some time and i can vouch you for that.

You can find it here

http://www.amazon.com/Rantopad-Alum...7EKM/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A3UQ82AWH2Z8O2
rantopad-gtr-2013-7.jpg

and as you can see the pads come with streamlined surface
rantopad-gtr-2013-10.jpgand they do have considerable size and fits for every size of mouse

Check out the various pics of them
rantopad-gtr-2013-11.jpg
rantopad-gtr-2013-14.jpg
rantopad-gtr-2013-20.jpg
rantopad-gtr-2013-21.jpg
rantopad-gtr-2013-22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have invested in one from Logitech, the dark one with G in one of the corners, the rigid type of the pad. So far I am liking it. This pad looks nifty as well. Good find.

DeletedUser11595

I have invested in one from Logitech, the dark one with G in one of the corners, the rigid type of the pad. So far I am liking it. This pad looks nifty as well. Good find.

Just a couple of extra bucks and you can have a great gaming experience

DeletedUser

:)
My experience is already pretty great:
A16WOyStQGL._SL1500_.jpg

DeletedUser

True dat, I threw my pad away and made me this, works well too...

FYIPZbN.jpg

DeletedUser

:) Not sure if people would pay for the name brand though. I have bought 2 mouse pads in my life. The first one was Ancher pad, but it was soft and at some point of time it curled up. I live in a hot area and my hands do get sweaty sometimes so the pad had to be cleaned with water and soap, which contributed to curling. The pad that I have now is rigid and can be just wiped clean. I am confident that it will last me long enough to be a worthy investment.
The same ideology applies to the Cheenah made products. You pay much less for them, but at the end you end up buying the same products over and over again because they break.
I am not sure if the younger audience here will find my example relevant:
A dish washing scrubs made in Cheenah go for .99c for 6 pack. The same scrubs made in USA go for $2.99. The Cheenah made scrub lasts around a week before dissolving into separate parts. The USA made scrub lasts more than 2-3 months. So, at the end we have:
1 purchase of 2.99
vs 10 purchases of .99
Math speaks for itself.

Ovah and outtie,
Cpt. Obvious.

DeletedUser

But all the fancy colors. And name brands :supermad:
Not all branded mousepads are over $10. If you want to support a company by buying their overpriced mousepads, or if you are okay with paying $30 for a special print (which you can cheaper or any of the design-your-own mousepad sites), feel free to do so. However don't try to claim it improved anything because that effect is a placebo :p

:) Not sure if people would pay for the name brand though. I have bought 2 mouse pads in my life. The first one was Ancher pad, but it was soft and at some point of time it curled up. I live in a hot area and my hands do get sweaty sometimes so the pad had to be cleaned with water and soap, which contributed to curling. The pad that I have now is rigid and can be just wiped clean. I am confident that it will last me long enough to be a worthy investment.
The same ideology applies to the Cheenah made products. You pay much less for them, but at the end you end up buying the same products over and over again because they break.
I am not sure if the younger audience here will find my example relevant:
A dish washing scrubs made in Cheenah go for .99c for 6 pack. The same scrubs made in USA go for $2.99. The Cheenah made scrub lasts around a week before dissolving into separate parts. The USA made scrub lasts more than 2-3 months. So, at the end we have:
1 purchase of 2.99
vs 10 purchases of .99
Math speaks for itself.

Ovah and outtie,
Cpt. Obvious.
I'm willing to bet that 95% of the stuff you own is made in China, and the 5% that says 'made in the USA' is still made from materials produced in China and only assembled in the USA. Just because they put the screws in in America doesn't make the product superior. China's production is so immensely massive that it cannot be generalized, amazing and absolute trash products are both produced there.

Thrillology

Phrourach
Is there something special about a gaming mousepad? I've been using the same mousepad since 2010, and it looks just like those.
Do they reduce surface friction or something while not being as hard and smooth as a table or desk surface?