Gamma, alliance overall rating

DeletedUser

It's been a while since there was a discussion about gamma and the alliances. The closest to such thread, is the "Top 12 alliances" but many times they offer a single line or two three words about each alliance. I made this thread mainly to offer my view on gamma and it's status, as well as personal opinion about certain alliances, not individuals. Actually, there are such threads from time to time, but they keep turning into "Me", "You", "Mine", "Yours", which this one will most likely follow that trend.

I do not intend to talk about everything, nor a specific topic, but that's also the point of this thread.

Alliances.

Like many players, i was surprised by the recent merge of RDLM and CJ.
It was not the merge itself, rather than the end of one of the most important and powerful alliances in gamma. CJ

Gamma has not lacked big merges, nor is CJ the first alliance to call it a day. But it's not often that the #1 alliance vanishes.
And it's this event which made me think of the current alliances from a different angle.

Gamma is a 16 months old world. Many came and left, many rose and fell, but some are still here. I am not talking about players, but alliances.
Every alliance has it's ups and downs. Few aliances have been far superior than others at their peak sometime during the game. But, when an alliance like CJ goes, it makes one ask:

Did CJ make some wrong choices somewhere along the line which accumulated and led to the point where they decided they'd be better of starting a new chapter?
How about the alliances remaining, will they have the same fate as the mighty CJ? Do they have more depth and better long term strategy?

So it's on overall alliance qualities that i will rate below the alliances which i have knowledge of.

#1- Grepohugs.

Peak time: 10
Leadership(thoughout it's existence): 08
Teamwork (current): 05
Individual skills(current): 08
Longevity: 10
Diplomacy: 07
Consistency: 08
Stability (thoughout it's existence): 10

Grepohugs is the overall most impressive alliance. They have the advantage of being the one with the longest history, but at the same time being still here at the top, after such a long time shows they have survived many tests and challeneges, which can not be said the same for some other alliances.
They were unstopable at their peak, which was quite some time ago.
Behind this success is of course a top class leadership. Leadership has changed hands, but they have all been able to keep the alliance up there.
Being one of the oldest alliances, they have some of the oldest players and the biggest. It's probably playing for so long, and being so large that has driven these players to minimize comunication, coordination and working together. So even though they have many terrific individuals, the results they achieve as alliance is fairly low.
Consistency has fluctuated. As an alliance they have performed superbly during their golden age, but they have also gone down to below average performance for long spells of time. One aspect of that may have to do with some controversial recruitment standards.
However, they are stable, they are still here. still in the top 3 for so long time and they never had any big crises.

For all the above reasons, i would rank them as the number one alliance overall.

Comments on #2 to follow later..... It's too long for one post.

Links:
#2 Fusion
#3 Illuminati

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16429

thanks for our ranking at #1:) but Fusion should be up there in the top 3

DeletedUser

very inpressive post here and good to see some logical talk again on this forum
i agree in most with what you have sead and time is the larger factor within this server
grepo do have a good alliance but are not what thay use to be ..like most of the top 10 alliances the problum seems to be there size more than enything else ..you may wonder why i say this ,well let me try and explain:-there seems to be a lot of people just hiding within the larger alliance this is understandable but leads to a lot of people going inactive..i cant realy speek about the northen alliances as well i dont realy know them ..a few in the south are getting there the most inpresive of them being and i hate to say it are TBS and the cov althow the cov have there fair share of hangers on thay do have good leaders wheres as TBS are small and very active.and very good at working for each other.
so ill only coment on these 2
TBS
Peak time 10........as i would say thay aready at there peek
leadership 9 .......would have been 10 but thats just personal between me and storm lol
individual skills8 ...most of them are pritty prolific
longevity10.....been around a long time
diplomacy2.....this may seem mean but thay dont realy need diplomasy thats why so low
consistency9......make more gains than losses
stability8......would have been higher but thay have had there problums
COV
peak time7...there not at there peak yet
leadership9...point off for lisining to the wrong people but again thats personal
teamwork5...no offence but its that low for the hangers on
individual skills5....thay do have a few 10s in there but the lesser outnumber them 3 to 1
diplomacy9....make some decent choices point off for there bad one:)
consistency8...like peak time thay still growing
stability10....very satable thats the main good point thay do have
i could also coment on the illumi but dont wont to get this very good post into truble :)

DeletedUser

:heh::eek: Tang - a sensible post - good on ya mate!

I will post later - but I do have a question about CJ demise/merger. There are a lot of former cj players still banned and there were a few before - my question is was there a multi - accounting culture within CJ which bloated their prowess and ultimately led to their demise?

this is a genuine question and not meant as being flametory.

nice topic Kliveto

DeletedUser

Very classy & well written Klevito.

Ditto!

Klevito, I'm looking forward to your insight on your other top picks.

Personally I think you are one of the classiest and most intelligent posters in these forums. I always appreciate your input on this game.

DeletedUser

Fusion

Peak time: 07
Leadership(thoughout it's existence): 10
Teamwork (current): 09
Individual skills(current): 07
Longevity: 08
Diplomacy: 08
Consistency: 09
Stability (thoughout it's existence): 10

As i explained in the first post, the ranking is not based on the current performance, ranking or strength of the alliances, but their all time.

Fusion's main characteristic is it's constant pace in rising. As such, i would say that this alliance hasn't reached yet it's peak. Right now, Fusion is at a higher level than ever before in it's history and it will continue to climb in the short future.

The leadership structure of Fusion is in my opinion the most succesful in gamma. I am not saying their leaders are the best, but the structure has ensured that what happened to CJ and LoE will not happen to Fusion for the same reasons.
It has one of the largest council, It's not dependent on one Leader and it's proven by the fact that it hasn't been affected even though during it's history they have lost many top quality leaders. More than anything else, Fusion leadership and strategists pay a great deal of attention to their members and internal matters. This has created a culture in which naturally the newcomers, (be them leaders or members) adapt to the Fusion style of gaming, thus ensuring that what has been achieved or built ealrier is inherited.
This has helped a lot with the teamwork and it's why is one of the only or few alliances which still finds the energy and motivation to plan and execute coordinated operation on as large scale as 50 players.

Early in the game, when allainces were small and players closer to each other in the map, such coordinated operation were very frequent by every alliance. Today, i hardly see any allaince doing it or doing it often.

This superb teamwork has covered for the lack of skilled players. Fusion can not claim they have as many top quality players as other alliances. CJ (now RDLM), GH, Illuminati, TBS have a much larger percentage of skilled individuals.

Fusion hasn't been exceptional with diplomatic and political moves. They are not as hungry or agressive into chasing mergers, pacts etc, but have always respected it's allies and partners. At the same time, the joining of former Warpath and Bucking Frutal players has proved to be very good ones.

To rank the second overall alliance is a close call as there are 2-3 more alliances in gamma which are at almost same level as Fusion, but my limited knowledge for others probably has an effect in my judgement.

However, while GH was being fought by 4 alliances at some point, that didn't last long. Illuminati, CJ, LoE all had long spells of no fights with GH, even though still at war technically.
Fusion, who has been fighting GH since last August is the only alliance who has never gone a week without a GH conquer, and not a week without defending against or attacking GH. In this war, Fusion has performed better than GH and achieved more results than the opponent, while at the same time starting and winning a war against KB when they were at their peak.

P.S. Thank you for the positive feedbacks

DeletedUser

Quality posting from a quality leader.

I hope some of the guys i've spoken to through ingame mail will
read the above posts and realise why I will sometimes urge them to join
the ranks of Fusion.

+rep

DeletedUser

Quality posting from a quality leader.

I hope some of the guys i've spoken to through ingame mail will
read the above posts and realise why I will sometimes urge them to join
the ranks of Fusion.

+rep

Gotta recruit em all
images

DeletedUser2140

great post Klevito.

A sensible honest post.

We leave the mass recruiting to other alliances.

You have to pass the drinking test to get into Fusion.

Looks forward to seeing whose # 3.

Please lets try not to spam it.

DeletedUser

#3 Illuminati

Peak time: 08
Leadership(thoughout it's existence): 10
Teamwork (current): 10
Individual skills(current): 09
Longevity: 09
Diplomacy: 08
Consistency: 06
Stability (thoughout it's existence): 08

If the world map was a quarter of it's size, Illuminati would be #1 in the point ranking.
With that being said, the alliance model of Illuminati is what every half decent leader or member visions at the begining, but most lose it in favor of "more" and "bigger"
But at the same time their modest size is a disatvantage in this game, world and current settings and limits their impact in the large scale. The KMD never ending war is a testimony to that because there is that much one can do with the culture points of 30+ members.

Being in the game for around 14 months, the alliance is still in great shape. That is an atribute mainly of the leadership, which is not dependent on one single leader, but it's run by a senate of capable players. The members they recruited, the path they have followed, the friends and enemies they have chosen shows that their leadership is talented and a succesful one.

Illuminati is very much involved in the gamma diplomacy. They constantly communicate with other alliances, partly because as a core alliance they border the most top 12 alliances than anyone else. Parlty because many of their players have been around for a long time and have created many relationships with the others.
However, some diplomatic moves in the past have backfired with Port 1st merge being one of them.
But overall the alliance has been stable and will continue to be.

They have some of the most aggresive warmongers and they can proudly boast they have among their ranks the #1 ABP player of gamma. They have a great bunch of very skilled individuals who are not just that, but they are a great team as well. Being together for so long and having built their alliance on teamwork and coordination, Illuminati are capable of hitting harder than anyone else.

Illuminati's longest and largest wars are against KMD and GH.
The war against GH has had some exciting moments in the past, but too long has gone since anything in their ocean long border has happened. This war has either come to a standstill, has become a trench war or most likely both allainces are content to stay quiet.
Most of their current efforts are focused in KMD, am alliance which them and many other brand as a "joke", but which still has a dozen players who can give them a run for their money.
As expected KMD are no match for illuminati, but having the advantage of being in the rim, recruiting new members and replacing losses with ease, many players may not live to see the end of it.

So overall, another great alliance.
In my opinion having the potential, the players, the reputation they have, investing for very long almost all their efforts in fighting KMD and their unorganized players is aiming a bit low. This is a minus in the overall evaluation, but one which they deservedly make up for with their history, leadership, stability, potential, teamwork and skill.

DeletedUser

Thank you Kelvito. We appreciate your evaluation of us. We all have played together since the beginning and will continue to attack those who aren't our friends ;)

DeletedUser

Very nice klevito, +1 on Illuminati

When you finish the reviews please clear the thread from comments to make fluent reading of the alliances,

Add some pictures and you can sell it :D

DeletedUser

Very nice klevito, +1 on Illuminati

When you finish the reviews please clear the thread from comments to make fluent reading of the alliances,

Add some pictures and you can sell it :D

Actually that would be up to Z to do.

Yet again, a very nice post from you klevito. 100% true as well. I look forward to your fourth installment.

Although just a thought, either you or Z might want to put links to each separate analysis into your first post, for easier access.