Gamma, alliance overall rating

DeletedUser

Nice post Klevito, enjoyed the Fusion assessment !
Thought I'd drop in and see what's going on in my old world after a few months away. I stopped by Grepostats and this brought a big smile to my face:

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en3/player/121072/colonizations

Great organisation, even if he had gone the same way as myself ! He was a long running rival for most of my time in Gamma, possibly our first contact with GrepoHugs, and first conquest outside our home ocean !

Bestwishes to all the old Fusionistas !
Lokwulf
:)

DeletedUser345

As only a player browsing through the different worlds forums to keep up with the politik i thought this was very good, so good in fact i had to bring it to Beta to liven up the forums there (with the appropriate credits ;) brilliant work.

+rep!

~Achilles

DeletedUser3613

nicely trolled achilles :)

klev is a genius and should be recongnised as such in all worlds forums :)

DeletedUser

klevito, this was extremely well written and I'm sure everyone would like to see who's number 4. Are you planning to update?

DeletedUser

#4- Route De La Morte.

Peak time: 09
Leadership(thoughout it's existence): 09
Teamwork (current): 07
Individual skills(current): 07
Longevity: 08
Diplomacy: 07
Consistency: 07
Stability (thoughout it's existence): 07

RDLM exists since over one year. It started as a rim based alliance, made of players who joined the game a bit later than those of the core alliances.
But these players quickly caught up with the rest.

TheBlackPegasus, Quayzarck are two of the players who left Sentinels of Valhalla to form the new alliance.
But naturally no one was taking notes back then as the spot light was shining bright on the GH-CJ war who started shortly after.
It was probably CJ's strategy of focusing on GH that led to a mutual friendship between the small new alliance RDLM and CJ.
With a friendly CJ on the border, RDLM assimilated effectively the other local alliances without having to worry of their back and recruited wisely. Their rise to the top was fast. They were hungry and their diplomatic choices and clear strategy shows they knew what they were doing. Or better say, what their leader(s) was doing.

Being run by a single person (or at least by the impression of an outsider), leads to more effective, quicker decision and actions. One mind, one vision. But it comes as well with it's own risks. What happened to CJ, LoE who were dependent on few (or one) leader.

The CJ merging brought the alliance through a lot of stress and turbulence, but it looks like after splitting the former LoE players, things go much better and hopefully back to normal.

In the war front,RDLM didn't have any large scalp to claim for a long time. The reasons being an expansion minded strategy. "pick the fights one at a time, take out the weakest first". This led to them being anonymous in the big wars (until recently), partly also because of their pact with two of the biggest neighbors. Killer bunnies and CJ.
Technically they were at war with PE and and GH for some time, but the small border was not bringing enough sparks.
RDLM and PE war became bitter with accusations about "spies, blackmails etc from both camps.

But they stayed #1 for some time and kept on course. To get there as a disciplined group is not small feat. They have developed a culture of sticking around, which shows that this group of players are here to stay.

Very good leadership, a tight alliance, some very good players and a pretty constant performance makes RDLM the fourth overall best alliance (but i see them easily taking one of the top three spots in the future)

DeletedUser

Top Notch!

Klevito,

Well done throughout on all of your analysis, even considering the passage of time!

More so than most, you are a worthy opponent (regretfully, you & I only being indirectly so) & seem to be a sort of dynamo with a strong prescience in many fields...

Just trying to keep things lively in Gamma so to speak,
Rackhir

p.s. here's a YouTube link:
Whale: 4 big speakers, for no other reason 'cept it's fun & about the number four.
...don't know if this is legit since there seems to be some sort of crack-down on posts...
...had a few deleted recently, even though they were as 'on-topic' as this post...

DeletedUser

Fusion

Peak time: 07
Leadership(thoughout it's existence): 10
Teamwork (current): 09
Individual skills(current): 07
Longevity: 08
Diplomacy: 08
Consistency: 09
Stability (thoughout it's existence): 10

As i explained in the first post, the ranking is not based on the current performance, ranking or strength of the alliances, but their all time.

Fusion's main characteristic is it's constant pace in rising. As such, i would say that this alliance hasn't reached yet it's peak. Right now, Fusion is at a higher level than ever before in it's history and it will continue to climb in the short future.

The leadership structure of Fusion is in my opinion the most succesful in gamma. I am not saying their leaders are the best, but the structure has ensured that what happened to CJ and LoE will not happen to Fusion for the same reasons.
It has one of the largest council, It's not dependent on one Leader and it's proven by the fact that it hasn't been affected even though during it's history they have lost many top quality leaders. More than anything else, Fusion leadership and strategists pay a great deal of attention to their members and internal matters. This has created a culture in which naturally the newcomers, (be them leaders or members) adapt to the Fusion style of gaming, thus ensuring that what has been achieved or built ealrier is inherited.
This has helped a lot with the teamwork and it's why is one of the only or few alliances which still finds the energy and motivation to plan and execute coordinated operation on as large scale as 50 players.

Early in the game, when allainces were small and players closer to each other in the map, such coordinated operation were very frequent by every alliance. Today, i hardly see any allaince doing it or doing it often.

This superb teamwork has covered for the lack of skilled players. Fusion can not claim they have as many top quality players as other alliances. CJ (now RDLM), GH, Illuminati, TBS have a much larger percentage of skilled individuals.

Fusion hasn't been exceptional with diplomatic and political moves. They are not as hungry or agressive into chasing mergers, pacts etc, but have always respected it's allies and partners. At the same time, the joining of former Warpath and Bucking Frutal players has proved to be very good ones.

To rank the second overall alliance is a close call as there are 2-3 more alliances in gamma which are at almost same level as Fusion, but my limited knowledge for others probably has an effect in my judgement.

However, while GH was being fought by 4 alliances at some point, that didn't last long. Illuminati, CJ, LoE all had long spells of no fights with GH, even though still at war technically.
Fusion, who has been fighting GH since last August is the only alliance who has never gone a week without a GH conquer, and not a week without defending against or attacking GH. In this war, Fusion has performed better than GH and achieved more results than the opponent, while at the same time starting and winning a war against KB when they were at their peak.

P.S. Thank you for the positive feedbacks

Long live fusion. Good info Klevito. He's right we do many OPs and are a tight group of FRIENDS.

DeletedUser

Regarding Klevito's comment that they won against Kbs (last line) when they are at peak is not true. As far as I can say that you guys had small lead when I had to go to VM for RL reason and when I came back, Kbs was not the same. You conquered more cities against Kbs which was already half the size of original Kbs (with guys joining CJ, RDLM and Fusion). Since I re-made Killer Bunnies with barely 10-12 players, and you guys with many of our own players and control of O73 and O74 along with help of another alliance Bucking Frutal, we still conquered more cities than you did. Only thing you can claim that it was fairly equal fight which ultimately lead to truce because both realized that they can not win against other.

Yogesh

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Holy thread necro batman.

Only thing you can claim that it was fairly equal fight which ultimately lead to truce because both realized that they can not win against other.

It would definitely have been interesting to see how things would turn out had the war continued.

DeletedUser

Regarding Klevito's comment that they won against Kbs (last line) when they are at peak is not true. As far as I can say that you guys had small lead when I had to go to VM for RL reason and when I came back, Kbs was not the same. You conquered more cities against Kbs which was already half the size of original Kbs (with guys joining CJ, RDLM and Fusion). Since I re-made Killer Bunnies with barely 10-12 players, and you guys with many of our own players and control of O73 and O74 along with help of another alliance Bucking Frutal, we still conquered more cities than you did. Only thing you can claim that it was fairly equal fight which ultimately lead to truce because both realized that they can not win against other.

Yogesh

Yogesh The only reason we ended that war was to focus on our GH front. If we continued the war well it would probably still be happening right now, that is because it is impossible to rim a player on a developed world as both alliances have large players.

DeletedUser

Yogesh

Your comments are appreciated as it'd be boring to have just one side of the story. In fact every historical event is told differently by different people or sides.
As you will agree, there is a difference between battles and War. When you mention number of conquers at a certain period of the war (during the KB 2.0), to me it implies battles won or lost. In that sense i agree that it was an equal fight and it came to an end because we all could benefit from the peace.

But when i used the term "War" i had more in mind the whole package of direct and indirect "battles". We fought on the battlefield and outside of it. What we did outside of it is not something the stats can tell, but it played part on:

1- few players of KB joining us
2- a dozen or more players of KB left to create an alliance (insurrection 2.0 ?) after being promised to be left alone.

As a result, the remaining players left KB 1.0 to create KB 2.0, after you came back. Eventually, The old KB disbanded and i'd say that's a war won.
We kept fighting the war 2.0 with the new born KB 2.0, and that's the war we ended with a peace agreement.

DeletedUser

Ive missed quite a bit with RL very happening, i see a lot of old friends have quit, enemies too.
I return to see the Illuminati of which i know nothing about may i add, have taken in the Losers from TC who many months ago told me how good they all were and now have done a runner as they were getting there asses whipped by a bunch of Smurfs, lmao.
I hope your still around Leo and reply, cant wait to see your excuses my old friend , i wonder....

is there still life in Gamma yet ?????

DeletedUser

If life stops we will try reincarnation of accounts with other fortunate grepolis players who play other in other worlds.

DeletedUser

@Klevito The guys who are fighting Fusion are the same guys who formed KB2.0 and they keep fighting without any break. I had to make KB2.0 because I did not had founder privilege. If I had founder privilege, I would have kicked guys out. In that case would you have said that you won. You do not won a war just because other alliance tried to slim down to fight better.

@Tommy I agree with your first line that you ended war because you wanted to focus on GH but don't give a reason like it is very difficult to rim a player. You were in no position to rim a player and you were loosing as much or more cities than you were taking it. Only reason war ended because your allys RDLM said that if we do not end that war they will join Fusion to fight us. We 12 guys were could have fight toe to toe with any top alliance but it was not feasible to fight rank 1 and 3 alliance at the same time.

Yogesh