Newspaper Gela Times Revival

DeletedUser

GELA TIMES REVIVAL​
Good morning everyone! Leahkim here, attempting to revive the broken presses here in Gela. This will be the first edition of my newspaper for Gela and my very first newspaper. Please take time to read and enjoy!

For this first issue, I want to focus on the two “big dogs” of Gela: Krypteia and OV. There is no doubt both of these alliances have strong members and there has been much fighting going on as well as some words thrown around from both inside and outside of these two alliances.

Interviews

I was granted an interview with a leader from both alliances - JamboCaz from Krypteia, Th3K1ndr3d from Ocean Veterans.

JamboCaz
What are your thoughts on your alliance’s position in Gela?
Our position in the alliances of Gela is secondary to us ensuring that we're following our plans correctly and everyone is enjoying being part of the family. If we do that, our position takes care of itself. In truth, being number one makes you the bad guys and everyone’s target. We're not bothered when in that position but it is nice to take a break from it for a while. We've been number two a few times when alliances merge to fight us - we've always enjoyed that.

For some time, people tagged the term ‘MRA’ on Krypteia and some still do. Do you have any comments on that?
It's something we've heard time and time again. In my opinion, an MRA is an alliance who panic rush into taking on X amount of players so they can have a numerical presence in a world without having put in the preparation. It's not like that for us. When the current founders took on their roles in Krypt on Tau, they inherited a large alliance that had just merged with another to make a huge alliance. This kicked off endless months of planning and strategizing, using many techniques to ensure a large amount of people can be motivated and organized into a well-oiled machine that guarantees everyone knows what they are doing. We used optimization strategies to organize our forums, we installed a strong council, we played with morals that earned us a fair reputation, etc etc etc (we’re not giving away all our secrets). The result was the Krypteia we know today. Naturally we made many a mistake then, but like always we hope to have learned from a lot of them in time for Gela.
We are in no way an MRA – we're simply built to handle numbers and fast expansion (in multiple directions) easily and this is what we do. Each member is a part of the family – we spend endless hours making them feel as such, no member is better than any other member in Krypt – regardless of rank. Like I keep saying, we're a family.

Do you have anything you want all of Gela to know about yourself and your alliance?
Not really, it’s rare for me to talk to anyone outside the family but I broke a long standing rule mainly just to dispel some of the many untruths that I’ve heard written about us. We're here for the long run. Some excellent players in Grepo have chosen Krypt as their home. In choosing us, they turned down many other great opportunities. When asked why they chose Krypteia, they inevitably say that no other group of people stands up to what we have here – both as an alliance and as a place to pass time with friends. People had quit Grepo only to return for Krypt round 2 in Gela. To me that is the greatest compliment possible.
I wish all our enemies out there good gaming; I hope Gela can be great fun for us all.

Th3K1ndr3d
What are your future plans for Gela?
To survive and thrive. ;) To play the game, enjoy being a part of a great alliance, enjoy the fight and the banter; to have fun.

What is your opinion on your alliance’s performance in the current war with Krypteia?
All things considered I don't think we're doing too bad. I remember Krypteia from my short stay on Tau and one of the first things I did when we started here was to warn my alliance about you guys. :)
I was very impressed to see how quickly you've absorbed all the quality players in the area. I remember many called you MRA because you took in so many, but while some recruited just about anybody you did not. It gave me this funny feeling in my stomach, because I knew trouble would soon follow.

Do you have anything you want all of Gela to know about yourself and your alliance?
OCEANS VETERANS are here to stay. Our "little fight" with Krypteia keeps putting our skills, perseverance and loyalty to the test every day and only helps us to filter out those who don't have it in them to be a part of our alliance. Thanks for that, guys! ;)
______________________________________________________________________________________________

War Stats

Now, here are the records so far in the fight between Ocean Veterans and Krypteia:

For the past two weeks, there have been 27 cities taken by Krypteia from OV and 5 cities taken by OV from Krypteia.
97jml4.png
______________________________________________________________________________________________

In other news, here is an update on the leaders of the world.

Top Alliance of each core ocean

44 - Krypteia
45 - Ocean Veterans
54 - Krypteia
55 - Krypteia

As for BP rankings -

5zozo8.png
s3obkg.png

That's all for this issue. Special thanks to the two leaders who stepped up and answered my questions. This is only my first issue so I kept it short. If I get good reception, I will continue with a bi-weekly paper and with some sponsorship, dwell deeper into the Gela news. I'm welcome to any suggestions/recommendations for the next issue. To all alliance leaders in Gela, contact me if you want something in the newspaper.

-Leahkim

Attachments

• War Stats.png
    War Stats.png
    57.1 KB · Views: 6
  • War Stats2.png
    War Stats2.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 5
  • War Stats3.png
    War Stats3.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 10

DeletedUser

+1 rep if I could

Nice job Leah :)

Can't wait to read more!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19042

You're an enemy..but good. +rep

I used to write those of Pella, until I quit.

Anyway, you're focussing to much on our own war. Try to get some titles about the other top alliances as well.

I think you can get some intresting stories with Macleod, Ponies, Myrms...
Just a suggestion. It's what I would do.

Keep it up!

DeletedUser

Anyway, you're focussing to much on our own war. Try to get some titles about the other top alliances as well.

Keep it up!

+rep. please continue

DeletedUser

Keep it up!

Thanks. But like I said in there (somewhere), this is my first so I tried to keep it concentrated. I'm going to expand more as I go along. :)

DeletedUser10810

good read and good paper Leah! very good for the first try... :) As Jorisva said, we will all expect more about others as well in this paper :)

DeletedUser

Good read.
Enjoyed the interviews and information.

Thanks for doing this.

DeletedUser

Thank you all for the good reception. I am now currently working on a second edition.

If all goes according to plan, this upcoming edition will feature:

• 3 new featured alliances
  • war updates
  • a noob of the week
  • MORE COLOR!!!

~Leahkim