General Feedback: Events

DeletedUser44867

One of the more popular topics between all servers of Grepolis is the topic of events - we'd like to gather some general feedback on events that we can forward to the developers, as well as help us plan for ideas for future events or reshaping events.

- what is your favorite event?
- what is your least favorite event?
- how frequent do you think events should be?
- what aspects do you like about events?
- what aspects don't you like about events?
- how much gold are you willing to spend on an event?
- any other comments are welcome.

DeletedUser43733

In concept or how it turned out? in concept pandoras box was the best honestly if you ask me. however how that was delivered was absolutely abysmal. Troop requirements were way to high, there wasn't enough time to get to 40 and it didn't scale (same amount of troops needed for speed 1-6 which is ridiciolous). If we count with how it was delivered i must say i preffered sparta vs hades and incantation circle events.

- what is your least favorite event?
New wheel by far because of the changes to rarity which were absolutely an attempt at a cashgrab by inno... previously all players had an even chance to get any item, now golders will gold and get myths even if it takes them 1500 gold.

- how frequent do you think events should be?
4 is more than enough events per year... if you have 4 30 day events, events still run for 1/3rd of the year which if you ask me is a lot. 1 should be the new year wheel, then one in february, then a new one may-june and then 1 more september-october.
There could be a mini event like hades portal each month between main events. so 4 main events, and 8 small ones like hades portal which would last 3 days

- what aspects do you like about events?
For sparta vs hades event i like the choice we have for what we want to get. Same for incantation circle, we have a choice to get what we want. I am not saying other events such as slinger one we wouldn't get what you want, but it was much easier in sparta vs hades and the incantation circle than in other events. I also like the emphasis on the box rewards in pandoras box event albeit i was only able to get to 31 while using a lot of troops and sending a lot of missions every day. I absolutely liked the hades portal event, as it was quick, small and gave a reward, i think there should be more of those and less main ones.

- what aspects don't you like about events?
About the new wheel definetly the rarity. There was no point in implementing it apart from getting more money for inno which i guess they want. Also don't like how p2w oriented it is. especially at sparta vs hades event. If you bought a lot of troops early you would have more troops at your disposal to get more myths (a lot) than a non gold user.

- how much gold are you willing to spend on an event?
That depends on how much i have made trading and on the rewards. Let's for example look at the wheel event. I will not spend gold if there are no good rewards, if there is a good reward i will do normal spin and then 2 more (100,200 gold respectively). I don't go for more after that unless the reward is very very good, then i refill and do 1-2 more. If i do 2 normal spins and the reward is not very very good i just tell myself i'd rather do 2 more spins tommorow than 1 more at getting a low chance at getting in (the reward). This is especially true with the new wheel rework. Apart from that around 5k if trading is like usual.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
we've just finished Spartans assassins and unlike the advent calendar that provided few possibilities for rare rewards without multiple spins (i.e high gold use), this event gave an equal chance of rewards for all comers
did I go days without extra arrows or pieces of the suit of armor? sure
and could I have spent gold to get more tokens? sure
but without any gold, the minimum tokens we all earned daily was 44
this could get you a handful of boats, lu, or myths
everyone, big/ small/ mega-alliance/ on their own, had the same chance
more events like this would be welcome

MissusR

Phrourach
We all like (some) events but over the years the number has increased enormously. From 2 in 2010 to 11 in 2017.

I think the idea of 4 major events (5 in an Olympic year?) a year sounds good.

Sparta vs Hades and Incantation circle are very popular.

Not every player can afford vast amounts of gold. Yes gold trading has helped but still not close to what some players are spending monthly.
Would be nice to have the "mini" events NON Gold events.

eg.

12 days of Christmas : Hunt a free gift in the oceans
4 day Easter egg Hunt.
Valentines Day Mermaid.
Halloween Pumpkin hunt

DeletedUser49011

This is a bit old, but with the easter event i wanted to share my two cents.

Events are fun and a nice way to gain troops by completing tasks.

Events how ever SUCKS - when they are purely designed to get as much cash out of people... 19 days!? What? 19 days?! Now they say that the recipies are specific for each user, so no promoting team play here...

I don't know how long i'll continue with Grepolis. Each turn is a turn for the worse, but as long as enough members keeps buying gold Inno wont care about anything else.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
This is a bit old, but with the easter event i wanted to share my two cents.

Events are fun and a nice way to gain troops by completing tasks.

Events how ever SUCKS - when they are purely designed to get as much cash out of people... 19 days!? What? 19 days?! Now they say that the recipies are specific for each user, so no promoting team play here...

I don't know how long i'll continue with Grepolis. Each turn is a turn for the worse, but as long as enough members keeps buying gold Inno wont care about anything else.

well yeah bruh, each year events get more frequent and worse(balance wise).

DeletedUser49011

well yeah bruh, each year events get more frequent and worse(balance wise).

Does not change the fact is insane... I don't mind spending gold here and there. But being attacked by 100 waves of Manticores because others just buy them... That just remove any kind of gameplay. It's just about having deep pockets instead of being good at the game.

DeletedUser25145

Looking at the dates Im sure this will be read by no one. Can someone please make sure pop ups for events dont come up over important stuff like the command overview. I was getting ready to own my aggressor, I sent out my 186 Birimes and positioned my cursor over the canx button, then the clearing attacks came in and 4 pandora messages popped up over the command overview. The attacker had 70 LS by the way. Do these developers even play this game?

DeletedUser48256

Persian conqueror/Artemisia, by far.

Obviously it gives larger alliances an even bigger advantage but it was just fun to do. Required teamwork and participation from everybody in the alliance and the rewards were worth sending every troop for. The deep caves were a nice touch as well. I know there's plenty of flaws with it but it was much more enjoyable than any event I've done recently, especially this Pandora's box.

DeletedUser31852

Looking at the dates Im sure this will be read by no one. Can someone please make sure pop ups for events dont come up over important stuff like the command overview. I was getting ready to own my aggressor, I sent out my 186 Birimes and positioned my cursor over the canx button, then the clearing attacks came in and 4 pandora messages popped up over the command overview. The attacker had 70 LS by the way. Do these developers even play this game?

Legitimate reason why there should be an option in settings not to have pop ups from events ever
With every event it seems to be reset and on mobile too they are really annoying

DeletedUser54339

Legitimate reason why there should be an option in settings not to have pop ups from events ever
With every event it seems to be reset and on mobile too they are really annoying
Yes

And enough with Helen asking me if I like the game every time I take the daily bonus

I work in an industry where customer feedback is key and if I was asking them every damn day to rate my product via a stupid pop up I would not be expecting a favourable response.