Get over it

DeletedUser

What is happening to these forums? Every thread I go in has the same few people arguing with each other. I admit I'm not overly active in here but I read most everything.... well I did. I find myself not even reading the posts anymore because they are so repetitive/silly.

If you want to show how awesome you are do it by posting reports or something. That would speak volumes more than any text you could type.

DeletedUser

Good question!

Possible answers:

- People are so bored with the game that they need to find another platform

- People realize that many battles/wars cannot be won as easily as originally thought, so they need to roll up their sleeves and show their biceps here

- Propaganda, or better, anti-propaganda. So many people here are marked as idiots, sim-city players, noobs, bad leaders, etc. that maybe some persons are willing to believe that. Or maybe someone is willing to take the bait and react in a way that proves their point.

The real answer is probably a combination of the three and there are of course some that need this alpha-male behavior.

I have to admit that I occasionally like reading this 'grepolitics'-stuff, but I prefer to fight my battles in the game itself.

DeletedUser

Well I'm done arguing with Gino so you wont see much coming from me 8)

DeletedUser

What is happening to these forums? Every thread I go in has the same few people arguing with each other. I admit I'm not overly active in here but I read most everything.... well I did. I find myself not even reading the posts anymore because they are so repetitive/silly.

If you want to show how awesome you are do it by posting reports or something. That would speak volumes more than any text you could type.
Ive responded to posts in a way I shouldnt have BUT when I see the BS being posted here I have to retort and call out the poster.
I'll have to hold my hand up to that. But I'm finding this game so mind-numbingly boring and repetative that its simple pride in my alliance keeping me playing. I wish Inno would give Alpha some sort of boost. ANYTHING. Change in the amount of CP needed. Re-arrange the oceans. ANYTHING.

DeletedUser

yeah I agree w/ OP, its a problem but I would argue that any game of this nature, this eventually becomes a problem. tribal wars, the west, their forums ended up like this. when worlds get old, and become mostly dominated by larger elite type players (whom all posess egos), then they will clash. and I like wanax's point about battles/wars not being so easy to win - wars in this game are a slow affair in my opinion, and expecting immediate results is not realistic - so people come on here and exaggerate things to try to make it seem like a lot is happening quickly - and then you have the concerted efforts by alliances to play the propaganda game, which can be fun but can also be taken to the extreme.

the way I deal with it is I only check the forums once every few weeks, I spend some time making a few posts (that I know will get flamed and replied to, and I'll get bad rep, but who cares) - the key is to NOT check back the next day and reply to all those people, instead you make your posts then you go away for awhile, and come back again later and it tends to keep things from blowing up so huge...

DeletedUser

The reason why the forum is like tihs and the world feeling slow is because of its members shoving around there big ego's...

When the members wars aren't going to plan, they try to display an enemies weakness with minimal proof to try and annoy the opposition. On some threads this has gone to far with some players showing abuse...

Lugosi

Strategos
I always thought theses forums were for egos, trolling, spamming and BSing. I mean thats basically all I see apart from the odd unspoilt thread which is usually in some place no one will care about.

DeletedUser

I just come here to get a good laugh at people once in a while.

If you think this is bad, you should see some of the in-game messages going around lol.

DeletedUser

I like all th bs......it makes for hilarious reading.....you should'nt take life so serious,....if you do'nt like the humor get out....end off.....

funniest player on the forums with out a doubt....is Santa...lol