Get Rid of God Supporting

• Thread starter The Great Toast
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1405

Could it not be written into the game that once a temple reaches a certain level it can worship several gods.
This would be easier to create than re-writing all the coding.

DeletedUser

True that, seriously! What do the mods think? Eclipse? Betsy?

DeletedUser

Could it not be written into the game that once a temple reaches a certain level it can worship several gods.
This would be easier to create than re-writing all the coding.

In ancient Mesopotamia, cities have one god or goddess protector. The code would also have to allow non-flying units to be on transports.

DeletedUser1405

In ancient Greece which is what this game is supposed to be about, they had temples dedicated to several gods so have One large temple for several gods would be an excellent idea.

DeletedUser2663

In ancient Greece which is what this game is supposed to be about, they had temples dedicated to several gods so have One large temple for several gods would be an excellent idea.

hmm you just gave me and idea. Maybe you could introduce a new building that allows this and takes the form of a super building like tb and Ds and tower.

The Pantheon

-This building allows the city the be supported by myth units belonging to other gods.

it would be a good idea i think. think about it, a 10% defense incress or the ability to defend cities with only myth units.

DeletedUser2663

i dont know, some one elses idea for a new super building i guess

DeletedUser

I disagree and here are my reasons.

Defenders have it good enough as it is, no need to make it even harder for attackers.

Also, through proper communication you can tell people what god is there and see what support is incoming so you can change the god if need be.

No need to be lazy, message the person and switch gods if need be.

Don't -rep me for my opinion, xP

DeletedUser

... What if you have a lot of Myth units? Those don't grow on trees! And I hate to waste favor! Plus what if like 7 people want to support you? Once you change the god they have to leave.

DeletedUser

best not to have support enable at all , so one can fight at his own army

DeletedUser1405

This feature would also benefit offensive players as you could build multiple types of Myth units you wouldnt be stuck with just the 2.

DeletedUser

This feature would also benefit offensive players as you could build multiple types of Myth units you wouldnt be stuck with just the 2.

I agree this could really benefit offensive players too much in fact

DeletedUser1405

I agree this could really benefit offensive players too much in fact

Theres no such thing as to much with benefits to offence we have sat back and watched all the new updates working alongside the defenders and making their jobs easier, this could even it out a bit.

DeletedUser1405

The system needs looking at it isnt right that you cant support a village unless the correct god is worshipped there.

DeletedUser

Thats true, they all believed that all the Gods were real, they just worshipped one per city usually. Like Athens and Athena.

DeletedUser

I agree
+1

It is extremely frustrating when it happens and you are supporting someone or being supported

DeletedUser

:p Yup they need to get rid of this but Rooster I think having 20 centaurs for defense is pretty good!

DeletedUser

It's a feature. I'm neutral about it, but I don't believe in changing the rules halfway through a game - it's unfair on players who have developed according to a strategy and then found the goalposts moved. Some players may have stuck to one god so their myth units could inter-support and it wouldn't be fair on them.
As long as you understand the limitations of myth units the current gameplay should not present a problem.

DeletedUser

True... but as long as it's just normal troops it should be allowed!

Status
Not open for further replies.