Get Rid of God Supporting

• Thread starter The Great Toast
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Funny! AND I TOTALLY AGREE!

This is why I hate having to hide my attack units, as I have to figure out which nearby city worships my god, and I hate hate hate hate hate having to send to several different people and get rejected. I've gotten cleared way too many times because of that. :(

DeletedUser

I don't think this is a good idea, I have a feeling a lot of people would want to change it back lol.

DeletedUser

If they do that then it will be really easy to know which god your opponent have in that city. You can send and cancel until you know which god your opponent is supporting and you can use this information to figure out whether he can cast sea storm or zeus rage.

Just make it not work on non alliance members. TBH you should really message the person or there should be more openess of info available like what support is coming in, what god the player has etc... this is all restricted to same alliance obviously.

DeletedUser

if you have a city with no gods in it then you can send any to support it.. but if you send say a harpy and then send a minotaur from another city the second mythical unit will be sent back with its units.

if you send a myth in a support against a city your taking over then the city auto goes to that god that the myth unit is from.

once a diety is selected there is no way to deselect it to no gods in that city.

as for setting an alert that this god does not support your myth units.. that would be a cheap way of letting people know what god is in that city and make targetting easier. If I have a hera and a zeus city you can pick which one to take out for plans without lifting a finger really.

oh I know hera is in there so I know they will cast desire on my troops I attack with.. lets prepair first.

Also speaking as a player and not as a titan.. just because you get 10 people to say great idea.. doesnt mean it will auto go up in a vote. this is in response to the earlier comment that the majority of people love this idea. As I said before it was submitted before and squashed. I see nothing here thats new that would make them change their minds.

Unless your going to change this for 2.0 where a superbuilding can allow intergrated support network on an island for myth units. but that would require a new thread and also make you wait for 2.0 to come out as the superbuildings (world wonders) are not fully released yet so it might already be there.

DeletedUser

as for setting an alert that this god does not support your myth units.. that would be a cheap way of letting people know what god is in that city and make targetting easier.

Thats why it should be restricted to alliance members. This way enemies would not be able to be cheep (like the budgie).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8325

I like this idea. I don't see any reason why not to do it.

DeletedUser

Hopefully in 2.0 one of the super buildings will allow you to do this.

DeletedUser

if you mean world wonder with superbuildings, they give 5% more favour per hour for every god.

If you mean superbuildings with superbuildings, they are exactly the same. (thermal baths, Tower, Divine statue etc.)

DeletedUser

Its a part of strategy and if you cant play properly with this you are a noob.

DeletedUser

I'm saying this in general ;)

I hate ideas which will make the game easier. Just learn to play it right.

DeletedUser

If the developers want to make it as Greek-ish as possible then no one should have a problem. Cities worshiping different gods traded and supported each other all the time. Also it makes no sense when you try to help a fellow alliance member and you get rejected because they worship a different god. Also, the current system gets abused already because if you send four support squads form four different cities each worshiping a different god, you can tell what god that person is worshiping by which one of your support squads isn't rejected.

DeletedUser

If the developers want to make it as Greek-ish as possible then no one should have a problem. Cities worshiping different gods traded and supported each other all the time. Also it makes no sense when you try to help a fellow alliance member and you get rejected because they worship a different god. Also, the current system gets abused already because if you send four support squads form four different cities each worshiping a different god, you can tell what god that person is worshiping by which one of your support squads isn't rejected.

Not quite correct because all the Greek worshipped all gods. There weren't certain cities who only worshipped 1 god. Ancient Greece had gods for most things and when the people wanted more of a thing, they worshipped the god for it. And when e.g. lighting struck the earth, they worshipped Zeus for forgiveness because his main element is lightning.

If this idea ever passes Pegasi and Cyclops should be nerved.

Status
Not open for further replies.