Rejected Get rid of the attack alarm/outside notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser39931

Proposal:
Get rid of the attack alarm/outside notifications through the app.

Reason:
Its ruining the game, its no longer about your skill level but whether or not your phone has internet capabilities. Players can be offline for days without being attacked, get notified (by the attack alarm/app) and dodge/activate milita. The player SHOULD be receiving the notifications in-game by the standard lit up swords and the "your city is under attack" notification. Sounds can wake someone who is sleeping or attract someone not at the computer while images do not attract nearly as much attention unless the person is actually PAYING attention.

Details:
Remove the attack alarm and outside notifications of incoming attacks to fix the abuses.

Visual Aids:

None

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
It will bring the game to a fair playing field. This fixes the abuse of people not playing the game yet being able to dodge attacks and activate militia due to notifications and the attack alarm.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39031

No format.

I semi agree, there should be an option on the PC for you to enable an attack alarm seperate to all the other sounds to make it fairer.

DeletedUser

I know what you mean!

This alarm shouldnt work allways, but only the first hour when u logged of,
Now, players dont have to be on to check if their on fire, the app does that.

You cant win if you have to fight against an app player...

DeletedUser11965

Thumbs up for idea, just go to sleep with headphones like me with the sound on :p

DeletedUser8790

I know what you mean!

This alarm shouldnt work allways, but only the first hour when u logged of,
Now, players dont have to be on to check if their on fire, the app does that.

You cant win if you have to fight against an app player...
Yeah but what good does the alarm do unless you go to a pc to defend? unless they seriously upgraded the phone app I doubt getting an alarm is any help.

DeletedUser

It seems fair for players to have alarms, and this app should really be kept.

There are players on Grepolis which are pretty much online all day everyday. And there are players which would like to have this oppertunity but RL commitments prevent them from doing so.

This app creates a levelled playing field between the two.. Active players see the attack right away, if you're at work it's nice to have the alert so you don't lose everything because of leaked offline/online times?

--just my opinion.

DeletedUser23986

Yeah but what good does the alarm do unless you go to a pc to defend? unless they seriously upgraded the phone app I doubt getting an alarm is any help.

i know a player who plays solely with phone(no PC at all)

I myself am able to play the game quite well with phone(not the app version)

DeletedUser

As an Attacker i agree, get rid of the App/Alarm, it prevents most people from BP hunting those LS nukes which i have killed so many of, but now im unable too.

As soon as you click attack 1minute later they on laptop/PC pleading for defence, no real surprise attacks, i use the app but could do without it.

so yeah get rid of the alarm its bad for business

DeletedUser23986

I fully supporting removing the alarm from the game. it was once a forbidden action, when grepolis was much more enjoyable. I will certainly like it to be removed.

DeletedUser

I'll probably get "this aint about that"... but the defender already has too much in their favour.... now give them a warning?? not good means more turtles get and even bigger bonus

DeletedUser14397

the attack alarm yet again favors the defender like everything else in the game.

DeletedUser

yep birms faster than LS/quicker to build... even the bonus' 1 bonus for 1 city yet you need 1bonus for each attack... amongst other things, inno says they want more aggressive play/world, yet still they give defenders even more edge.... its rubbish really i may not start another world, will see if anything changes

DeletedUser

So its skill to attack when a person is offline? It might be skill to find the offline time, but thats it. Real skill comes out when things are done while all parties are online.

DeletedUser39031

So its skill to attack when a person is offline? It might be skill to find the offline time, but thats it. Real skill comes out when things are done while all parties are online.
If we're bringing up skill, how is getting an attack alarm, going online and moving your hypothetical LS nuke skill?

DeletedUser

If we're bringing up skill, how is getting an attack alarm, going online and moving your hypothetical LS nuke skill?

Skill with the alarm or without is obvious.

Firstly, you'll be against a player which is online and ready to defend himself/herself. There is no skill in taking a player which is offline because you found out when you have to use less effort.

Secondly, the player using the alarm will be able to have an equal playing field. If this player can only be online 1-3hours a day why not give them an equal chance of a fight? - (skill right?)

Finally.. regardless of having the alarm or not, if a player is online he/she will dodge attacks to protect the LS nukes. If you were online would you not dodge? Or would you rather lose all the units you took days if not weeks to build?

The argument is simple, and it's for the alarm.
All the players here moaning over being unable to take out a nuke, or a player which is offline are those players which like it easy. The players which have no skill, and hate the thought of a counter attack or a threat to themselves.

Having the app makes the game much harder to compete and take-over cities, this is the whole point of a strategy game "may the best strategy win". Competitiveness is what people thrive on in games like this.
Introducing the alarm has just upped the game of most players removing this feature just means competition has been eased.

DeletedUser27700

Guys, lets keep this discussion focused on the idea here, not about who has the advantage or what requires more skill.
If you would like to have either of those conversations, please open a new thread in the Agora.

I have merged the formatted post with the OP, so happy idea discussing :p

DeletedUser

If the warning is taken away you basically remove people that work 10+ hour days from being able to have a chance. A good op on one of those days for said person without a warning on his phone would be screwed...

-Vys

DeletedUser

for some reason, my app is very inconsistent with alarms. One time it works perfectly, then it logs me out for whatever reason and I get nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.