Rejected Get rid of the attack alarm/outside notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

And attacking players when there offline is completely fair. After all, 99% of the Grepolis community I'm sure goes offline to sleep.

How is it anymore fair to attack someone offline than it is to be alerted of an attack?

DeletedUser

The alarm is not freely available to everyone, regardless of their want. Many people don't have the funds for internet cellphones or the service contracts that go along with them. Some live in areas where internet cell service isn't even available. Your attempt at comparing gold to a device used to interface the game is ridiculous. You see, it is possible to obtain game gold for free, if players are willing to fill out online surveys, etc. You can even win some monthly within the game itself. It is not possible to legally obtain an internet cellphone and service for free.

I'm not debating the existence of the attack alarm, as with several others involved in this discussion, I am explaining that if it is to remain, then everyone should have equal access to it, regardless of how they wish to connect to the game.

Well I am sorry, but I haven't been living anywhere that doesn't allow anyone to have internet connections, there are many alternatives such as the Cloud, or other wifi hotspots.

I do understand where others are coming from with the alarm being unfair if you don't have a smart-phone, but it's unfair for those which don't have the ability to be online more than an hour a day because of their job. Obviously this isn't the case for everyone so this argument is just going to continue to go in circles.

Simply:
The alarm is good for those which need the updates and can't access the internet as much as those sat at home without a job. It's a good feature to have an alert to dodge attacks and counter-attack (personally I think it's making the game better if it's not used for dodging attacks for ultra defence). Again, there are ways of altering the alarm. For example, my idea is changing the Hades spell to stop alerts when the spell is cast. It could also be based on BP, if you're a turtle and you don't gain much BP then you shouldn't get an alert- there should be a minimal BP to gain alerts?- again, I am no expert, and someone will have a different idea or suggestion.

The alarm just allows an equal chance for both players when attacks occur, especially in fast worlds such as Thebes. You can wake up with a CS in your city- how is this skill if someone finds out your offline times?

Alternately the alarm is ruining the game, because not everyone has access to the alarm as has been said. But if everyone has it, I don't see the problem with it.
Maybe there should be another app somewhere which does the same thing- no idea where or how... but that would equal this argument.

Those which say the alarm is unfair, it's not. It's very fair- the only way it's unfair is because your easy take is now uneasy, and you'll need skill to take the city with an active player.

Players with alarms can be dummied, send an attack and recall it a couple of times. Eventually they will give up with it... Sorted.

DeletedUser

Deprived- may i ask are you a more defensive/offensive player?

Also i think the type of world should play a part, I've only played revolt worlds, but you're given 12 hours which is plenty of time.

Ive not played nor do i intend to play conquest... so i can't comment on that.

DeletedUser39031

How is it anymore fair to attack someone offline than it is to be alerted of an attack?

Because, if your smart. when you go offline you can send your offensive troop to an ally who is online with defenses then strike that guy back when he is offline. I don't agree with any of the things like the attack alarm or online checker but you can work your way around the online checker, not the alarm

DeletedUser

Deprived- may i ask are you a more defensive/offensive player?

Also i think the type of world should play a part, I've only played revolt worlds, but you're given 12 hours which is plenty of time.

Ive not played nor do i intend to play conquest... so i can't comment on that.

I wouldn't say I am either, I'd say both.
But if I had to choose, I would be a more offensive orientated player. And yeah, I understand about Revolt worlds, I haven't played a revolt world so I wouldn't know why you were to love/hate the alarm.

DeletedUser

The alarm allows the exploitation of offline times to be less effective, they exist for everybody, yet not everybody has a smartphone, and thus the alarm. Therefore to balance the game the alarm should be removed.

DeletedUser41659

I also think it should be removed, and not added to the PC/Mac versions. If the alarm was added to the PC version, it wouldn't really be much different than the warning you already get.

The fact that this is an international game where people are born in countries with different financial situations kinda makes this balanced toward North American and Western European countries, which even though I am included in that, it is not alright in my eyes.

DeletedUser

I think it should be reset so that it only goes off till there is 30 mins of the attack TT left to hit your city, that would make it much more tougher as it would actually be about sniping/defending/dodging militia skills. :p
Thats just my opinion though...

DeletedUser33530

Ok first the alarm works horrible. When I get attacked I get the alarm about getting attacked two days later most times. Second without the alarm the phone app is kind of pointless. Third most people won't have the sound on on their phones when they sleep so that's a lope hole. It's also really hard to snipe and dodge using the app even if you're awake to use it. Finally, people pay for smart phones and for the Internet to use the app. It's like gold, it helps you out but it's not free.

DeletedUser30636

I was against this idea, but im trying to conquer a guy and when I attack him hes offline but because of his stupid alarm!! he stacks his city when he gets the alert!!! implement this right now!!

DeletedUser23986

It's also really hard to snipe and dodge using the app even if you're awake to use it. Finally, people pay for smart phones and for the Internet to use the app. It's like gold, it helps you out but it's not free.
the pay is NOT getting to inno or devs, so its pointless. You might pay to have tuitions but that doesn't mean your teacher will give you better marks without a reason.

Seond thing, after the alarm rings, you can move to comp to dodge and snipe.

DeletedUser

i personally think that EVERYONE these days, can have access to a smart phone..

there eveywhere, there on ebay, they sell them in supermarkets... there usually pretty cheap now.

if a player has one of these items, why should the alarm feature be taken away?

it not only encourages grepolis players to buy smart phones, it gives defenders an advantage which they need.

I for one would be annoyed if i got attacked/farmed/conquered and i had a chance to log on after the alarm, however can understand the frustration of not having the alarm myself.

its 50/50

DeletedUser39031

there eveywhere, there on ebay, they sell them in supermarkets... there usually pretty cheap now.

it not only encourages grepolis players to buy smart phones, it gives defenders an advantage which they need.

I for one would be annoyed if i got attacked/farmed/conquered and i had a chance to log on after the alarm, however can understand the frustration of not having the alarm myself.

its 50/50

Not true. Some countries/places don't have access to smartphones, internet connection etc. The defender doesn't need an advantage anyway, they have the troops there they will fight, they can use walls, defenders bonus, spells and have the advantage of gathering troops. Attackers have, +10% from spells-BR+PH currently, and the defender can use them also so cancel them out, Wall + Tower +Gathering Troops + Militia vs No advantage. Whereas if the attacker had the element of surprise, it evens it out drastically.

DeletedUser30636

its 50/50

also not to mention the data rates. unless you have 24/7 accessible wifi, the smartphone still wouldn't not help you.

DeletedUser

also not to mention the data rates. unless you have 24/7 accessible wifi, the smartphone still wouldn't not help you.

I agree, even me with my smart phone doesnt have 24/7 internet connnection, so why is it an advantage?

perhaps, yes, once you log off or are inactive for moer then an hour the alarm shouldnt go off, but i dont see it as an advantage, its just part of the game...

besides in real life there would be people mashing gongs and smashing bells getting everyone awake for the battle, why not our phones? :p

DeletedUser

I'm going to combine everything AGAINST this idea into one. First, it's more or less realistic (yea yea I know, it's a game and not much is realistic but still). Second, it's not any less fair than attacking someone while they are offline. Third, how is this anymore unfair than gold? Fourth, not everyone has this alarm hence it's not like you always have to worry that a siege will be spoiled by it. Plus there is a chance that the alarm will go unnoticed so. I also what to point out that this could be considered an attraction to Grepolis hence I doubt Inno games will do something against it.

In my opinion, this idea is like trying to get rid of gold.

Not everything in this game is going to be 'fair' to you. I guess to 'you guys' this is just be an unfair feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39031

I'm going to combine everything AGAINST this idea into one. First, it's more or less realistic (yea yea I know, it's a game and not much is realistic but still)
Show me a piece of Greek Literature which says anything about smartphones :)

Second, it's not any less fair than attacking someone while they are offline.
It isn't, but it's balanced because everyone goes offline, the attacker and the defender. The only difference is one gets alerted the other doesn't

Third, how is this anymore unfair than gold?
Gold doesn't warn you about attacks. And gold isn't free.

Fourth, not everyone has this alarm hence it's not like you always have to worry that a siege will be spoiled by it. Plus there is a chance that the alarm will go unnoticed so. I also what to point out that this could be considered an attraction to Grepolis hence I doubt Inno games will do something against it.
It's an invitation for people to not use much defense because they'll instantly know of an attack, making LDU become useless.

In my opinion, this idea is like trying to get rid of gold.

Not everything in this game is going to be 'fair' to you. I guess to 'you guys' this is just be an unfair feature.
Mmmm, I remember seeing something you post about fair or not, where is it...

Second, it's not any less fair than attacking someone while they are offline.

Oh there it is :p. In my opinion this is a game that needs online/offline times for each player. This app is making a troubling amount of sleep disorders among players, I for one have the app and I am against it. I make sure I disable the alarm because if they can get an attack in without me noticing myself, Good Job to them.

DeletedUser

I dont see a reason why ppls are even with this idea(initial one- to get rid of Phone alarm).. second part of keeping an alarm for PC/MAC is good :)
If you are a decent/offensive player.. is it really required you to be dependent on other person's offline time? or is that you do not believe in timing any attacks who can easily override enemy forces? Or is it that, you guys playing this game all alone?
What i think is..
1. Spy report does show up an alert on phone app.
2. Peoples tend to CS someone depending upon opponent's offline time(which is sort of fine).
3. if you are playing this game as a alliance member and planning with a group rather than going all alone..

You always have a chance to time attacks efficiently(to override max possible defense) in such city. all it takes is a proper planning/co-ordination and participation. I dunno see a reason siege being failed repetitively if you have enough players participating with you.

DeletedUser

Show me a piece of Greek Literature which says anything about smartphones :)

It isn't, but it's balanced because everyone goes offline, the attacker and the defender. The only difference is one gets alerted the other doesn't

Gold doesn't warn you about attacks. And gold isn't free.

It's an invitation for people to not use much defense because they'll instantly know of an attack, making LDU become useless.

Mmmm, I remember seeing something you post about fair or not, where is it...

Oh there it is :p. In my opinion this is a game that needs online/offline times for each player. This app is making a troubling amount of sleep disorders among players, I for one have the app and I am against it. I make sure I disable the alarm because if they can get an attack in without me noticing myself, Good Job to them.

First, if you had seen my earlier post you would have seen the realism. I compared the alarm to an advisor or someone like that. Let's say you actually controlled a city. Suddenly, your advisor or whoever is alerted of an incoming attack. He would most likely wake you up and warn you. I know I would. If you were the advisor would you think, 'Oh it would be unfair to the enemy wake him up so I'll just let him sleep'?

Second, when has the defending and attacking system of this game been perfectly balanced?

Third, the attack alarm doesn't magically make your buildings and troops construct faster. It doesn't hire you a captain, high priestess, merchant, commander, or administrator. It doesn't allow you to extend spells. It doesn't fund Olympic games. It's as available to me as gold is.

Fourth, explain? I can use wisdom on an attack, that doesn't make my DLU any less useful.

Fifth, I never compared the two. I'm not concerned with fairness but I used examples of fairness for your benefit. Here might be a good example. The world generally is unfair yet when a game of some sort, basketball, soccer, etc., there are rules to ensure 'fairness'. It's a fair game being played in an unfair world.

You've experienced the app? I haven't yet I am opposed to the idea. If someone's siege is stopped due to the alarm I think, 'Tough luck.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.