ghost cities...

DeletedUser

OK, so we understand that you do not need to put a ghost city into Revolt and should land your CS as a normal attack.

How many accompanying troops do you need to send, however? In other words, will a ghost city defend itself or is it OK to just send the CS? (I conquered a ghost city, but I sent a ton of troops (200+ swords, e.g.) with it thinking they would be left behind as support - they weren't. They were all wiped out. I got the city, but think I overspent in troops for it.

The number/type of troops in a ghost city will depend on what the previous owner had there when it became a ghost city, and whether or not other players have sent support there. Ghost cities have no owner, but that is not always a guarantee that there are no troops there. Just like any other city, it is worth getting a spy report and clearing the city prior to landing your colony ship - to ensure the safety and success of your conquest.

DeletedUser

So if your starting a revolt in a ghost city can other players attack the city and start their own revolt, after they defeat your support?

DeletedUser20429

oh blimey. Did you read any of the posts on the first page??? NO you don't need to revolt ghost cities! Just send the CS as a regular attack with some LS, biremes, FT or just normal transports with land troops. Then if you clear the city you can conquer it. Just note that in revolt as soon as the CS lands if the conquest is successful you will have the city instantly. Whereas in conquest you need to wait a certain amount of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20429

When I was playing if you sent a revolt attack on a ghost nothing happened?? It hit did damage and came back. No revolt involved. Which is why I said that in my above post. If you have any evidence that contradicts that please do tell.

I edited my above post just in case.

Richard

Strategos
Evidence? Right.

evidencep.png

Additionally, to clarify. This has never changed.

DeletedUser20429

Okay point taken. I have edited my post so that it says You don't need to. Instead of you can't. Thank you for that Shanara.

Also where was that pic taken???

DeletedUser20429

You can't conquer it simple. No conquering. You can only found new cities. So you must let it die. Most unfortunate.

DeletedUser7176

This is in another thread. You say no, someone else says yes.

Hyperborea world launch - no conquers, no wonders!

Hi everyone,

Ever wanted to battle it out with other players without the risk of losing everything? Now you can! The new Hyperborea world is a special world with no conquers. In the Hyperborea world (en45), you use colonization and city building to expand your territory. The fighting can still be fierce, but other players are unable to conquer your cities.

When?
The Hyperborea world will be launched on Thursday, July 5th.

What other settings are there?
Speed: 1
Unit Speed: 2
Beginner protection: 5 days
Alliance limit: 150
Morale: yes
World wonders: no

Additional notes about Hyperborea

You are still able to attack and destroy troops belonging to other players.
You are able to colonize new cities.
You cannot conquer a city owned by another player.
You can conquer ghost cities.

Please be aware that this is a special world. If you want to join a world with conquers, please take a look at Troy.

We hope to see you there!

All the best,
The Grepolis Team

Discussion thread

DeletedUser

It's conquest style. Got to lay a siege on it and defend it. Can't remember where I read it...

Having dug a little and asked around, it looks like it will be conquest-server-style, with a siege to defend on ghosts.

Found it!

DeletedUser20429

Okay thanks guys. I didn't read the announcement as it didn't involve me. Thanks for the correction.