GIMP signature guide.

DeletedUser

I'm beginning to use gimp to try and make my own sigs =D

Thanks for the brilliant guide!

DeletedUser

i have gimp..and i just made a sig. i tried to put it on 4 times and each time it said "Invalid File". so i gave up on that sig and made a new one. then i tried that one. same as before. it wont work for me.

can you help me get it to work? please?

DeletedUser2663

great guide !!!!

heres my first attempt

New.png

Followed by my second

Knight.png

Not bad for a newbie i must say =)
thanks Carf!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4013

i have gimp..and i just made a sig. i tried to put it on 4 times and each time it said "Invalid File". so i gave up on that sig and made a new one. then i tried that one. same as before. it wont work for me.

can you help me get it to work? please?

Check the Guide on how to upload a sig in this forum. It takes you through how to do it step by step

DeletedUser

I finally got it to work! i saved it as a file that wasnt supported by anything at all. i saved it as ".xcf", i had to resave it and change the file type and it worked instantly. :)

DeletedUser

I have finally created my first ever sig ever.

I am very happy with it as it is my first accomplished piece of digital art.

It may be worse then my current sig but i made it so i like it more :D

ap7l7t.jpg

Thank you Carf for this great guide.

I had some difficulty uploading my own font tho. I just gave up in the end and used on in GIMP.

DeletedUser

For fonts if you could specify what the problem was then I will try and resolve the issue.

DeletedUser

I dont know how to upload the font from dafont.com onto GIMP.

The way you did it, by going into preferences and all that didnt work.

DeletedUser

Ok well it will be different for that. You can probably go into the program files for GIMp and find the fonts folder and drop them in there or search on internet for it. I will have a look.

Edited: You can paste them in C:\windows\fonts

You might have to restart GIMP if you already have it open, you have to do this on the mac so save everything before you restart GIMP.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks it worked :)

Carf, what do you think about my new sig? :D

be as harsh as you can be.

Dont like the border? tell me, or font or whatever.

DeletedUser2663

carf could you add a section about using renders. im having trouble with them atm. main one is shifting an image from the background to the foreground of vise versa ( i rekon i can solve this by using layers ) but some more info on how to use renders would be appreaciated