GIMP signature guide.

DeletedUser

Your great fun, it's not about you getting taught in the process of making the tutorial. We actually need someone good to make the advanced guide. Otherwise we could get nowhere.

Yes obviously, you could put in your techniques and I'll put mine

DeletedUser

I have a photobucket account, but I can't upload my sig to it. Can anyone help?

DeletedUser

I saved it as XCF.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nooooooooooooooo tell me how, I can never show off my horrible sigs to you guys :(

DeletedUser

Once you have made your sig, click save as, then type in a name then put ".png" after it. Just hit ok to the corresponding messages until it saves. Then go to a photo website (I use photobucket). Hit upload and go to the folder you saved it to and double clicked. After that the site should upload it to your account in the photo website. In photobucket you would then look under the thing you uploaded and find share. Then click the share by link thing. Copy the link under "forums" that say's "full size" to the right. Then paste the link in your sig a voila, you have uploaded your sig :)

DeletedUser

Hey guys I have a question. I've been practicing with GIMP on my Macbook and I have a problem. I make the sig and then I want to save it as a .jpg folder it tells me that I have to "export" the image into the format. However when I try and export the file size is always too big so I have to reduce quality to make the file size fit...Is there any way around this problem because in the end my sig just looks blurry.

Thank you in advance for the help :)

EDIT: As you can see below :)

DeletedUser

Easiest way is as too save it as PNG, then upload it to a media hosting site, I use Imageshack.us, then scroll down to direct link, copy the link and paste it in between IMG tags.

DeletedUser

;):)awesome guide, I only knew half of the things and ive been using gimp for a while.:);)

DeletedUser13936

amazing guide carf this is really gonna help when i get GIMP :)

DeletedUser

sorry noob here

question one: there are two images in the first post. one is that winged cartoon girl and the second is devils pic. if we want to get the winged girl on devils pic how to do that?

question two: is there some way we can use freehand cutting without having to pull the mouse here and there to get the right cut?

DeletedUser

awesome guide carf. really helping me with fonts and paintbrushes. +rep :)

DeletedUser4577

Awesome, Wondering if your able to update it or finish it if theres anything left out?

DeletedUser

Ummm, what's a signature? Is that like for your name like after any posts you have a picture come up or something and can you use that for an alliance CoA?

DeletedUser15283

This is all very confusing just want to know how to make a sig:Angry: