Global Warming

Do you believe Global Warming is man-made or natural?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

Ok, i am going to have to ignore that post about global warming being a hoax as i really tend to get carried away when it comes to both global warming sceptics and creationists. Sorry.

You started off pretty good, but I doubt the human race will go extinct. We;re probably the most technologically advanced beings that have ever lived on this planet and I'm sure we'll find a way to survive.

That is almost certainly true, however i think when the times comes and virtually all humans are wiped out- it'll be the rich and powerful who find a way to survive (be it through that very cliche underground bunker or soemthing else). So really i think it'd be better if all humans died as those are really not the ones who would deserve to live. :(

Also, i just want to apologize again for not including a 'both' option in the poll, but can't change that now. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Thrillology

Phrourach
What they now call climate change after finally confirming it doesn't exist- though, environmentalists and tree huggers still believe it true.

I don't- when I first heard it, I thought of it as more "End of the World" money wrangling. Heh.

'spose I'll pass on this one. :C

DeletedUser

What they now call climate change after finally confirming it doesn't exist- though, environmentalists and tree huggers still believe it true.

I don't- when I first heard it, I thought of it as more "End of the World" money wrangling. Heh.

'spose I'll pass on this one. :C

>Imply climate changing doesn't exist
>Subconsciously imply the current climate is the exact same as the beginning of the earth
>Subconsciously imply humans could live in said climate

oooha.png

DeletedUser

David Attenborough thinks it exists and we need to do something and he is a total beast, so... we win.

DeletedUser

Why do you think it's natural? Because it means you don't have to make any changes to your lifestyle? Well let me give you one other good reason to make that change: limited resources. There's only so much coal and oil in the planet and so if we use it all now then we'll run out for later. Even if it doesn't affect you now it affects others later. Are you realy so selfish that, for the sake of slight comfort now that you'll sacrifice everything later?

DeletedUser

Why do you think it's natural? Because it means you don't have to make any changes to your lifestyle? Well let me give you one other good reason to make that change: limited resources. There's only so much coal and oil in the planet and so if we use it all now then we'll run out for later. Even if it doesn't affect you now it affects others later. Are you realy so selfish that, for the sake of slight comfort now that you'll sacrifice everything later?

It is a natural occurrence. fact.
Humans enhance the effect. Hypothesis.
Oh btw, running out of fossil fuels =/= Global Warming.

DeletedUser

Natural resorces is similar grounds and is as important an enviromentle issue. I was using it as another reason to take action.

I know it's a natural occurance but one that has everwhelming evidence to suggest is being unnaturaly increased by human activity. It may be a hypophasis but that's only because it's so hard to prove for certain.

Oh and sorry to chocofudge2011, that was not aimed at you but at the fact that 30 people have said natural. I seriously don't get how the number can be that high.

DeletedUser

Natural resorces is similar grounds and is as important an enviromentle issue. I was using it as another reason to take action.

I know it's a natural occurance but one that has everwhelming evidence to suggest is being unnaturaly increased by human activity. It may be a hypophasis but that's only because it's so hard to prove for certain.

Oh and sorry to chocofudge2011, that was not aimed at you but at the fact that 30 people have said natural. I seriously don't get how the number can be that high.
No probs.And I just came up with an idea that will save us all!A car powered by grass.Unless gives off that bad stuff.Nitrogen is it?

DeletedUser

They may be on similar grounds but the consequences differ greatly.
The consequence of global warming is the fact that the ice on the north and south pole will melt, disrupt the atlantic current (not sure of the name) and then cause the oceans to cool down causing an ice age.
The consequence of running out of fossil fuels is the fact that there won't be enough renewable sources of energy meaning the larger part of the earth will be stuck with no or very limited energy, causing global chaos.

I do think humans enhance the effect, but I think that the portion in which we enhance it is too small to cause or prevent anything. The volcanic eruptions in the past few years already released more greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere than the human did in their entire existence. (source at school, I may add it sometime later when I think about it)
Even if we stop emitting greenhouse gasses completely, we wouldn't be able to stop global warming. Therefore I do not plan on changing my lifestyle.

Probably because there is no both option, and that it has been proven that it is a natural effect.

Not trying to be mean, I just miss debating :D

DeletedUser

So you have admited that global chaos ensue if we run out of resouces. You have then stated that you will not change your lifestyle. To not change your lifestyle would make you one of the many people who are directly responsable for said chaos fully supporting my "selfishness" claim.

This is as bad, if not worse than the concept of global warming.The two may have different ends but come from the same origen and can be slowed (maybe solved) with the similar actions and can thus be included in the same debate.

DeletedUser

I have never mentioned my lifestyle, For all you know I could be living in a wooden hut using a solar power driven laptop. :p

But seriously, I have never stated I support using as much fossil fuels as possible. I'm living a normal life and I do not plan on living in a substandard manner to minimise my fossil fuel usage. I also have enough faith in human technology and I believe we'll have found a renewable and sufficient source of energy before we run out of fossil fuels.

DeletedUser

I have never mentioned my lifestyle, For all you know I could be living in a wooden hut using a solar power driven laptop. :p

But seriously, I have never stated I support using as much fossil fuels as possible. I'm living a normal life and I do not plan on living in a substandard manner to minimise my fossil fuel usage. I also have enough faith in human technology and I believe we'll have found a renewable and sufficient source of energy before we run out of fossil fuels.

Blended Grass. : )

DeletedUser

Ok, so, we will not run out of fossil fuels any time soon. As the earth warms and the ice caps melt the fossil fuels locked deep in the ice will become available for us to use.

So burning fossil fuels --> ice melting --> more fossil fuels becoming available --> more ice melting etc etc.

DeletedUser

That was the implication.

I'm not willing to put everything on the line for 'faith'. If it all goes wrong I want to be able to say 'told you so' and wag my finger.

DeletedUser

Ok, so, we will not run out of fossil fuels any time soon. As the earth warms and the ice caps melt the fossil fuels locked deep in the ice will become available for us to use.

So burning fossil fuels --> ice melting --> more fossil fuels becoming available --> more ice melting etc etc.
More ice melting --> Disrupted ocean current --> Ice age --> Less fossil fuels available --> Less fossil fuel burning --> More ice etc. etc.