Global Warming

Do you believe Global Warming is man-made or natural?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

More ice melting --> Disrupted ocean current --> Ice age --> Less fossil fuels available --> Less fossil fuel burning --> More ice etc. etc.

Initially more fossil fuels will become available and we will take advantage of them.
I believe their is a limit to how much ice can melt before the currents are disrupted to such a degree and before we reach that limit we will use the fossil fuels that are storred in teh ice. THEN too much ice will melt and everyhting will go wrong very quickly. Haven't explained that very well, but i think you can work out what i mean.

If the ice sheets (the ice on the land, not over the sea) in Antarctica melt completely, the sea will rise by up to 60 meters. :S Just a interesting fact to think about.

Thrillology

Phrourach
No more Haiti to worry about then, I'd reckon! That can't be such a bad thing. xD

No more White Beaches in Florida. :C

Oh well, it's the fat people that will overheat (no offense).

DeletedUser

I agree with Cloud.

That was amongst the stupidest things I've seen on the forum.

DeletedUser

If the ice sheets (the ice on the land, not over the sea) in Antarctica melt completely, the sea will rise by up to 60 meters. :S Just a interesting fact to think about.
luckily that won't even happen as an ice age will have started before the ice would have had the chance to melt completely. And it won't melt in an ice age.

The thing is, the ice age will come, it's inevitable. We, as humans, are extremely lucky to have started the technological evolution in this time, because we are currently living in a pause between ice ages. And ice ages happen to last about 20-50 times longer than the warmer periods. I don't think the human race would have gotten as far as they are now if it wasn't for the warmer period between ice ages we're living in. Now the challenge is to make the ice age bearable for 7 billion people

DeletedUser

Double that with Cloud, oh and i also -repped you.

What if something wipes us out before an ice age? I reckon this time around it's possible for people to survive due to advances in Science.

DeletedUser

Double that with Cloud, oh and i also -repped you.

What if something wipes us out before an ice age? I reckon this time around it's possible for people to survive due to advances in Science.

Well yeah, it's obviously possible but I highly doubt that it would be possible for all 7 billion people to live their lives in an ice age.

DeletedUser

"The differences in radiative forcing estimates between the present day and the start of the industrial era for solar irradiance changes and volcanoes are both very small compared to the differences in radiative forcing estimated to have resulted from human activities. As a result, in today’s atmosphere, the radiative forcing from human activities is much more important for current and future climate change than the estimated radiative forcing from changes in natural processes."

DeletedUser

"The differences in radiative forcing estimates between the present day and the start of the industrial era for solar irradiance changes and volcanoes are both very small compared to the differences in radiative forcing estimated to have resulted from human activities. As a result, in today’s atmosphere, the radiative forcing from human activities is much more important for current and future climate change than the estimated radiative forcing from changes in natural processes."

sauce?

DeletedUser

was in the dawt
What they now call climate change after finally confirming it doesn't exist- though, environmentalists and tree huggers still believe it true.

I don't- when I first heard it, I thought of it as more "End of the World" money wrangling. Heh.
Glad you have enough knowledge on the subject to disprove climate change. It must have taken a lot of research to prove that no climate has ever changed, but I'll believe you and sum up the lies as "money wrangling." I guess the environmentalists and tree huggers will continue supporting the idea that global warming is real even though there is no such thing as climate change, fools must not know that global warming is just a small subset of climate change.

Ok, i am going to have to ignore that post about global warming being a hoax as i really tend to get carried away when it comes to both global warming sceptics and creationists. Sorry.

Global warming is a hoax.

But seriously, I have never stated I support using as much fossil fuels as possible. I'm living a normal life and I do not plan on living in a substandard manner to minimise my fossil fuel usage.

I don't know if cloud said you would have to sacrifice technology anywhere, maybe he did, but you wouldn't have to live "in a substandard manner." It can be as simple as turning off devices not in use, buying more efficient products which in turn save you more energy, etc. Most people aren't as unrealistic as to expect everybody to throw away everything they own and live in a wooden hut, I certainly would not, rather let the world burn.

The idea of global warming is man-made, but global warming does not exist. The Earth will never destroy itself. That's impossible and to say it used to be a ball of gas is too ignorant seeing as how evidence to support that theory does not exist. Same with the Big Bang which defies almost every known law of science. Evolution is a hoax (yes, I believe that, don't criticize me) created to demoralize people and make them believe that we don't have to be accountable to anything. The hoax is used to teach that humanity should not care about itself.

Saying more of my own opinions would offend too many more people so I stop here.
What an HonestGuy!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I see... So turning of lights when not in use and buying food from as close to home as possible is equel to witchcraft?

DeletedUser

phaha, Raurio's view, i think, is that Global Warming is a hoax but climate change isn't...?

i dunno, anyone watch the Frozen Planet series on teh BBC? Really good last program about global warming last week...

Also- these talks in Durban were a travesty! AGAIN! The world cannot seem to pull itself together and again it was the Chinese vetoing anything.

They did agree on something, but it won't come into effect until 2020 at the earliest :S

DeletedUser

Global warming does get far-
Tree huggers were offended by my posts on here. o-o

The thing is, you're an abomination to humankind. You insulted a whole country and your utter ignorance about everything is astonishing. Could you just leave? Please?