GNN (Grepolis News Network) Thermopylae Knocks Out Coalition of the Rim

DeletedUser54775

GNN (Grepolis News Network)
Moving Truth Forward

Welcome to Mesembria's Most Read and Most Trusted News Network.
August 13th will remain as an historic day in Mesembria. Thermopylae gave a decisive blow to the coalition of the rim with the crumbling of REPO, which was the second biggest alliance. For days, the leaders of the rim and their pom pom girls were in denial that REPO was in the midst of a major debacle. But the numbers do not lie, despite all these people trying to deny or distract from the inevitable.

Thermopylae grew by 4 million points (4.003.793) or approximately 10%.

REPO lost 9 million points. Essentially REPO went from 2nd place to 6th place and became another insignificant alliance such as Atlantis Mallorean and the like.

REPO -9.481.182
CARPE DIEM -490.293
HEROES -208.306
Heavenly Myrmidons -32.731
Akatsuki -28.502

The capitulation and collapse of Repo has in so facto marked the end of the great war between Thermopylae and the forces of the rim. Thermopylae was completely surrounded, and now has breach the north. Its forces control the center and north west part of the world.

This is a new chapter in this interesting world of Mesembria. However, this is no longer a war between the center and the periphery. Thermopylae is the undisputed victorious side on this war.

The victory was reached through military and diplomatic channels. Great credit should be given to the leaders of Thermopylae who masterfully planned the fall of Repo.

Former commanders from Repo, who wish to remain anonymous explain: "... the morale is the north was horrible.... we thought that we could win the war against Thermo but after a month we did not had any progress.... Thermo started to mount pressure and we knew that we were going to lose.... our players started to run away into vacation mode or would not support... we had no other choice but to surrender and join Thermo...."

Another stated: "....the backstabbing in the coalition was awful.. leaders betraying leaders....lies and more lies.... we could not take it any more..""

Citizens of Thermopylae rejoice because the coalition forces of the rim have been defeated!

DeletedUser54775

Further to this story. We have evidence of Carpe Diem starting to mass recruit and merging with Heroes. This means that the rim will likely continue to fracture itself.

Essentially, the alliances of the coalition of the rim started to betray each other with impunity.
They realized that they could not win against Thermopylae, so they needed to look for other plans. Rather than discussing it with honesty, they started to backstab and betray each other. Nothing surprising.
The question is how the new world will look?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54775

Kal...Kal...Kal... Why so quiet my friend?
I am enjoying this moment so much....celebrating with a very good bottle of wine, good food, watching the sunset...and now going to dance Salsa and later to dance Tango.
Tonight...I will stay longer celebrating and having a few extra drinks... so do not attack....let me enjoy this night well....
Kal... I do not now if you dance but you should give it a try... just to share with you one my favourite songs to dance...
You fought hard guys, but Thermo is a very good alliance. The best that I have been part of. I am lucky to be with these guys.

DeletedUser54192

Kal...Kal...Kal... Why so quiet my friend?
2 reasons:
- I hadn't spotted this latest trashy PnP thread. You really ought to keep the number of threads down, or you will get in trouble again.
- I like sleep.

For days, the leaders of the rim and their pom pom girls were in denial that REPO was in the midst of a major debacle. But the numbers do not lie, despite all these people trying to deny or distract from the inevitable.
When you first made claims about it, the numbers didn't show anything near what you were claiming it, and you were lying and exaggerating. We were not in denial, you were just attempting to predict the future (this is probably the only time you have ever got it right).

The victory was reached through military and diplomatic channels. Great credit should be given to the leaders of Thermopylae who masterfully planned the fall of Repo.
- Your military tactics in the north consisted of a couple of decent players, and everyone else hiding in VM or turtling up and hiding behind stacks of DLU.
- By diplomatic channels, you mean recruitment.
- If Thermo leadership engineered the downfall of REPO, then they are more untrustworthy and deceitful than I had previously claimed. Only an enemy that cannot win via military and player skill alone would need to plot to bring down an opponent.

To summarise the actual story:
- The coalition is fracturing, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the status of the war against Thermopylae, and is instead a result of differences of opinion between certain leaderships.
- Futbol is unsurprisingly attempting to claim credit on Thermopylae's behalf for the fall of REPO. Given that Thermo did not win by military skill, that means Thermo either plotted to bring down REPO, making them deceitful and treacherous and/or it means that Thermopylae was not the cause of the fall of REPO (I actually know this to be the case).
- Futbol is once again bragging about things that he didn't actually do.

DeletedUser54850

The coalition isn't failing...

We just split up to cut off the dead weight (Imperium) and merged so we can have an alliance of better fighters.

DeletedUser54775

The coalition isn't failing...

We just split up to cut off the dead weight (Imperium) and merged so we can have an alliance of better fighters.
oh my God....with this rationale no wonder we are crushing you...
'the coalition is not failing...we just split off..."
Ares: then it is no longer a coalition...

DeletedUser54850

oh my God....with this rationale no wonder we are crushing you...
'the coalition is not failing...we just split off..."
Ares: then it is no longer a coalition...

It doesn't mean it failed though, we just got rid of a largely inactive alliance who was causing issues for the others. the coalition still exists, just smaller.

DeletedUser54775

It doesn't mean it failed though, we just got rid of a largely inactive alliance who was causing issues for the others. the coalition still exists, just smaller.
You know guys... I have to give it to you and Kal for been so delusional....

in any case....is Carpe Diem dead? Thermopylae is now 50+ million...
The coalition of rim has imploded.

DeletedUser54850

You know guys... I have to give it to you and Kal for been so delusional....

in any case....is Carpe Diem dead? Thermopylae is now 50+ million...
The coalition of rim has imploded.

CARPE DIEM isn't dead, we just merged with ATLANTIS and HEROES

DeletedUser54192

Thermopylae, an alliance of defectors, bullies and braggarts. I feel sorry for the few respectable players they have, I really do.

DeletedUser829

Kal is posturing more than a bloody Peacock.

Keep it up Futbol, nothing wrong with all these PnP posts and you trying to drive traffic here. Kal is upset and needs a time out.

But let me address a few points, but first, I want to say thank you. You did a pretty good job with your assessment on how we've been winning.

- Your military tactics in the north consisted of a couple of decent players, and everyone else hiding in VM or turtling up and hiding behind stacks of DLU.​

Seems like a good tactic. Kept many people's cities safe.

- By diplomatic channels, you mean recruitment.​

Again, great way to keep building an alliance. In a Speed 1ish world, people will always leave due to real life, and thus alliances merge. A good tactic to keep a strong alliance... well... strong

- If Thermo leadership engineered the downfall of REPO, then they are more untrustworthy and deceitful than I had previously claimed. Only an enemy that cannot win via military and player skill alone would need to plot to bring down an opponent.​
This is a war game. It's not GrepoHugs. If you played on previous worlds (i've been here since Alpha) you'll know that many people rely on spies. Thermo just comes to you in a steamroller, or a titanium wall... depending on the situation.

Aaaaand finally.

The coalition is fracturing, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the status of the war against Thermopylae, and is instead a result of differences of opinion between certain leaderships.
---
A coalition who's goal it was to kill Thermo... yet hasn't... and now leaders are upset because it hasn't worked. I'm pretty sure Thermo had a big role to play in that. Albeit we didn't force the leaders to have different opinions, we just didn't lose... that was all you guys.

- Futbol is unsurprisingly attempting to claim credit on Thermopylae's behalf for the fall of REPO. Given that Thermo did not win by military skill, that means Thermo either plotted to bring down REPO, making them deceitful and treacherous and/or it means that Thermopylae was not the cause of the fall of REPO (I actually know this to be the case).

I have made over 50k BP in 4 days of defending against REPO. I think I lost 1-2 cities to them due to bad timing. REPO was strong, they had great players. It just took us a bit to get to know their strategy and work around it, and they were also struck with a lot of inactives with did hurt them :( Throughout the turmoil up north, I had a great many talks with them, and they are all great players. Not once has one of them portrayed anything less than civility and courtesy.

- Futbol is once again bragging about things that he didn't actually do.
Grepolist isn't GrepoMeOnlyMeNotYouYouANoyingPersonOnlyMeLis . It's a team game. Welcome to the party.

Too bad this is a Revolt world, otherwise we'd be parking our CS's in your cities and serving up some ice cream with bacon..

DeletedUser54192

Kal is posturing more than a bloody Peacock.
And Futbol hasn't been doing that whenever he is on the forums for the last couple of months?

Keep it up Futbol, nothing wrong with all these PnP posts and you trying to drive traffic here.

You mean those PnPs that consist of bragging, false accusations, insults and posturing? Hang on, didn't you just criticise posturing?

Seems like a good tactic. Kept many people's cities safe.

Futbol has on numerous occasions criticised us for having players in VM. Seems only fair to return the favour, especially when a load of players do it as a "tactic" rather than just a couple of players doing it for a break.

Again, great way to keep building an alliance. In a Speed 1ish world, people will always leave due to real life, and thus alliances merge. A good tactic to keep a strong alliance... well... strong

Nothing wrong with recruitment, but recruitment isn't exactly diplomacy, which is what Futbol was claiming it was.

This is a war game. It's not GrepoHugs. If you played on previous worlds (i've been here since Alpha) you'll know that many people rely on spies. Thermo just comes to you in a steamroller, or a titanium wall... depending on the situation.
Futbol has heavily criticised the coalition for any perceived dirty behaviour (despite the fact that most of the supposedly dirty behaviour never actually happened, or was in one case dirty behaviour by your own former leader, which Futbol attempted to cover up). Futbol also continually praises Thermopylae for being honourable and put them up on a pedestal as the white knights of the server. If they are going to rely on spying, leaks and plotting in order to achieve success, then that isn't honourable.

Too bad this is a Revolt world, otherwise we'd be parking our CS's in your cities and serving up some ice cream with bacon
If this was a revolt world we wouldn't have to worry about quite so many golded walls. ;)

EDIT: At least you're a fighter. Futbol brags on and on, yet his BP ranking is appalling for someone his size. And with wars on every front, there really is no excuse for him to sit there and sim.

DeletedUser829

Fut is ranked 72 on the server, and is 2nd in points. He's done an amazing job defending Thermo with support, as well as growing his own empire.

Grepolis is a war game, but it's also strategy. Example: People got upset at Ice on Alpha because he spent a lot of time Simming and growing... yet after Inno bastardized Alpha and brought in WW, Ice was pivotal for TW-S in order for us to win the world.

Strategies come in many shapes in sizes. Don't just judge someone for playing a certain way, he's doing a great job :)

DeletedUser54192

Fut is certainly good at simming. I have never denied that. But he brags about his stats, and calls others cowards for not attacking him from a couple of oceans away. That's not a wise tactic if you have such bad fighting stats for your size.

I am a much smaller than Futbol, yes. But despite having spent the last few months just providing LTS and doing leadership stuff rather than focusing on personal play, I have a BP ranking just over 130 spots higher than my points ranking. So it says a lot that someone on the frontline and calling others out for not being frontline fighters has less BP than someone who hasn't had a decent frontline fight in months.

DeletedUser54775

Kal,
Let the numbers speak.

Kal Gordon Attacking Rank: 242 . FutbolTango Attacking RanK: 108
Kal Gordon Defensive Rank: 142 . FutbolTango Defensive Rank: 40
Kal Gordon Points Rank: 324 FutbolTango Rank: 2
Kal Gordon Alliance: 8th FutbolTango Alliance: 1st
Kal Gordon Base: The Rim FutbolTango Base: The core

It is not my fault that you are so poor about managing resources. At the end, I have better numbers than you in the absolute. I do defend and attack better than you.

You see the percentage up side down. If you are small and have a lot of points, it means that you have low efficiency. I am very careful with my troops and do not waste them in careless attacks. As for frontline experience, I have been in the frontline since the beginning, sometimes I am in islands completely surrounded by red, and yet you guys fail time after time.

However, all this is irrelevant. Since day one, my goal is to help my alliance win the WW. With a rank of 324 you can not do anything.
with a rank of 2 and most cities around the core and ww, I will help my alliance to win the WW race and the crown.

Different priorities.
I had a friend who had a chihuahua and another had a rotweiler. The chihuahua was all bark and posturing. Thieves came and they kicked the chihuahua with no problem, when they got to the house of the rotweiler they had to escape.

At the end, you like the little chihuahua. All bark but impotent and insignificant in battle and ww construction. Yes, you can say that you snipe but this is like the chihuhua saying I have sharp teeth. Nobody cares that you bite if the bites are small.

Good luck in the rim, Kal the Chihuhua Gordon.

I get that you are frustrated. At the end, TheAlgha and Jim have proven to be better players and leaders than you. My advice to you, is be humble. Become a rank and file and learn from better players and leaders. You are not leader material. This is why you are small and lead an insignificant alliance. Learn first and then you will be ready to lead. You are not there yet.
You have a small alliance that is shrinking. You are there not because of loyalty but because of ineptitude. I am really sorry to tell you. I do not want to hurt you. I just want that you see your self in the mirror, and become better.

Unless you come to the core, you have no idea what intensive fight means.

DeletedUser54192

Yay, Futbol twisting the stats to try and make him look somewhat decent at fighting!

It is not my fault that you are so poor about managing resources. At the end, I have better numbers than you in the absolute. I do defend and attack better than you.
You have also been around longer, almost definitely spend more gold, and have hidden behind other players and let them fight for you.

You really don't get this, do you? The whole point of efficiency is to get as much as possible out of what you have. You have a lot of points, and not as much BP. Therefore you are poor at fighting, considering your size. I may not have that many points, but it turns out that I am good at converting what I have, into fighting ability. Efficiency is a question of percentages, not absolute values, Futbol. Fighting efficiency is about how much fighting you can do, given your size in terms of cities and resources. So your fighting efficiency is rather poor. You sim well, I do not deny that. But don't claim to be a good fighter or an efficient one.

However, all this is irrelevant. Since day one, my goal is to help my alliance win the WW. With a rank of 324 you can not do anything.

with a rank of 2 and most cities around the core and ww, I will help my alliance to win the WW race and the crown.

Despite a rank of 324, I have had an impact on many different alliances, and helped shape the events of the eastern half of the server. That is definitely doing something. :)

I get that you are frustrated. At the end, TheAlgha and Jim have proven to be better players and leaders than you.

Jim has no respect for the rules, as you well know. TheAlgarvian has attempted to politically bully other alliances, and when I saw his action in leadership first hand, I saw that he did nothing and expected others to do his job for him. Those are cold, hard facts. Yes, Jim is probably a decent player in terms of skills. He certainly has access to a significant amount of gold. But I wouldn't trust him one bit.

My advice to you, is be humble.

Anyone find this to be ironic, coming from Futbol? Here he is, the person who has spammed this forum with PnPs bragging about his exaggerated personal skills, and the supposed integrity of his alliance, and he tells someone else to be humble. Try it yourself first, Futbol.

You are not leader material. This is why you are small and lead an insignificant alliance.

If I am not leader material, why do I end up getting asked to take up a role on every server that I play? And it's funny, you calling my alliance insignificant. If we are insignificant, you cannot count us when you brag about facing so many alliances. Yet you do brag about fighting a number of alliances that includes us, so we must be significant. :)

You have a small alliance that is shrinking.

The entire server is shrinking, Futbol. Thermopylae would be shrinking as well if they hadn't taken in a bunch of players that you have claimed are complete rubbish.

You are there not because of loyalty but because of ineptitude.

If I was inept, I wouldn't have been asked to join HEROES near the start of this server. If I was inept, I wouldn't be put into leadership positions on other servers as well as here. I wouldn't have a supporter of the day award if I was inept, either. Check my profile. Looks like the core isn't the only place that has seen big fighting, eh?
I am really sorry to tell you. I do not want to hurt you.
So all the insults, profanity and verbal abuse was just you being helpful? Sure, that's believable...

Unless you come to the core, you have no idea what intensive fight means.
You mean the core where Thermopylae spent months hugging the other two top alliances on the server? :) For the record, I have fought and survived in the core on a faster and tougher server than this one. 5 alliances against the team I was in, in O55. So yes, I know what an intensive war looks like. ;)

DeletedUser54775

Dear "Kal, The Chihuahua, Gordon"
Instead of writing this long responses go to the game and build some decent cities and army and read about leadership skills.
Once again, read the Art of War and other military texts. You will understand then why I am doing.

DeletedUser54192

Dear "Kal, The Chihuahua, Gordon"
Instead of writing this long responses go to the game and build some decent cities and army and read about leadership skills.
Once again, read the Art of War and other military texts. You will understand then why I am doing.
Translation:
"I will avoid replying to you because I can't think of a counter to your points that doesn't involve childish insults, or lies. I'll tell you to sim, because then I can say that is the one thing I can claim to be definitely better at. I will tell you to build an army despite the fact I seem incapable of fighting properly for my size. You should read about leadership skills, despite the fact you must have some sort of leadership skills if people keep asking you to step into roles within alliances. And I will tell you to read The Art of War, which is referenced just to name-drop, as a fair number of the principles either don't work properly in a game with mechanics such as the ones in Grepolis, or go against the intended spirit of the game. Then you can understand why I sim."

DeletedUser54775

I will reply to you properly at night. Unlike you, I have many cities and armies to manage, which it takes its toll. As for you, instead of writing doctoral dissertations in the forums, put more efforts in your city and your alliance, then you might become relevant to this world and your alliance would not be shrinking even more. Do not use excuses. Other alliances are growing is just yours and Repo the ones that are shrinking.

DeletedUser54192

I will reply to you properly at night. Unlike you, I have many cities and armies to manage, which it takes its toll. As for you, instead of writing doctoral dissertations in the forums, put more efforts in your city and your alliance, then you might become relevant to this world and your alliance would not be shrinking even more. Do not use excuses. Other alliances are growing is just yours and Repo the ones that are shrinking.
Oh, you mean how my alliance has been shrinking over the last day or so? If you think we are shrinking due to attrition then you really aren't very good at observation. :p

Futbol, I have pointed out how I am relevant. And I have pointed out how, if I am irrelevant, then your claims of fighting all these alliances lose all credibility, because if we are irrelevant then it doesn't matter if we are fighting you, because apparently we don't count.

And you have never accepted a loss, Futbol. You make excuses for your rubbish fighting stats for your size, you made excuses for Jim's behaviour, you made excuses for the consequences of Jim's behaviour, you made excuses for taking in players you have continually demeaned and insulted, you have made excuses when you are called out for lying about stats, you make excuses as to why you can never show the supposed proof of all your accusations towards us. So really, you have no right to accuse someone of making excuses.