GNN (Grepolis News Network) Thermopylae Knocks Out Coalition of the Rim

DeletedUser54775

GNN (Grepolis News Network)

Moving Truth Forward

Welcome to Mesembria's Most Read and Most Trusted News Network.

GNN.- Thermopylae continues to display a fantastic growth after the collapse of Repo and the coalition of the rim. In only one day, it grew by another 2 million points meanwhile the rest of the competing alliances continued to shrink or pose marginal gains. Thermopylae has passed the 50 million mark, and it is now bigger than all their enemies combined.

Alliance
Points +
Thermopylae 1.898.163
ATLANTIS 33.258
HEROES 30.289
Heavenly Myrmidons 10.038

The pundits agree that Thermopylae is posed to win this world after this phenomenal growth and the fracture of the coalition of the rim. The leadership of Thermopylae has the credit for masterfully and smoothly putting the alliance in this advantageous position.

We have news that the Thermopylae leadership also has secured a non aggression pact with Imperium, which further shows the wisdom of the leadership of this incredible alliance.

There is despair, and desolation, and bitterness and harsh bickering among the commanders of rim for their colossal diplomatic and military failure.

Thermopylae has already their plans for World Wonders and a high concentration of cities around them. Even if the new minor coalition that it is put under Heroes were to get a few more cities, they simply will not be able to beat Thermopylae in the resource allocation. At this moment, it is essentially impossible for Heroes and their other two sister alliances to win this world.

We also wish to warn the public that Heroes is posting misleading numbers about conquers between Thermo and Heroes. These numbers are inflated because cities were given up when a player saw the light and defected to the side of Freedom and Goodness.

These days are historical moments in this world. It is like when the Soviet Army defeated the opposing army in Stalingrad. The final victory can be seen in the horizon and it is just a matter of patience and time.

It is just a matter of time before the opposing leaders do the inevitable, and bend their knees and kneel and accept defeat to the glorious army of Thermopylae.

DeletedUser54192

Yet more trash from Futbol.

The pundits agree
No, players from Thermopylae agree. Not surprising that they would predict their own alliance to win.

We have news that the Thermopylae leadership also has secured a non aggression pact with Imperium, which further shows the wisdom of the leadership of this incredible alliance.

You don't by any chance mean the same Imperium that you have continually insulted, both for the whole alliance and for it's leadership. One of their leaders was the target of a huge slander campaign by yourself, and now you are bragging about NAPing with them? Any chance that you could not be quite so two-faced, or is that too much to ask? And the fact that Thermopylae sees the need to NAP with Imperium shows that they regard the new coalition as a considerable threat, whether they admit it or not.

We also wish to warn the public that Heroes is posting misleading numbers about conquers between Thermo and Heroes.
So when the stats are in your favour, "the numbers do not lie". When the stats aren't in your favour, the numbers are "misleading". A player jumped ship, and you were unable to defend his cities. That is your alliance's fault and the defector's fault. You make excuses for every single city loss. I bet if we ever somehow rimmed one of your players, you would come up with some fantastical excuse as to how it "didn't count". Grow up.

It is just a matter of time before the opposing leaders do the inevitable, and bend their knees and kneel and accept defeat to the glorious army of Thermopylae.
You really don't pay attention to world events, do you? I've fought against worse odds than this, on this very server, and I didn't give up. Something that your own teammate Ponini commended my alliance for in one of his Top 12 analyses, I might add. If I go down against Thermopylae, I go down fighting, not by bending the knee. If you want to try and force me into submission, come and get me.

DeletedUser46711

After that the fantastic Imperium Leaderships caused the Jimbobicus85 "faildown" , after that Thermopylae was called "Piggies" by Ozzz , Virdian and Timmins for months ,now accepted a NAP with them....that's the HILARIOUS end of the story....LOL
smiley_emoticons_auslachen2.gif

DeletedUser54903

Lol futbol thermp dud not do anytging to weaken the cooalition..
Same like you in attacks on heroes.
Nothing. Taking iternals is nice but not wery heroics... so you have a city in our core... super. I got several in yours... still you got your by snaching one of our biggest player and we got i got it by conquering. Ok i understand your team are great...best one that ever played grepo. Atill that dosent cange the fact that you are playing with people you yesterday call bad players. Look i am perfectly ok to play with my Allays cos they did not trash me but you and Viridran... i would pay to see you two getting along. Maybe you can include Jim in that relationship... perhaps you tree can now be best buddyes. Still he is just one example as players have no code and help you even wen you dont deserve it. Al big shots in cooalition alliances were saying enemy N1 ... no way we can play with them... we need to destroy thermo...esc.... now are your team.. so i dont see a vitcory in this...atlest not thermos... prehaps you see it so... but i dont...i see a lots of players who were your enemys wating fri the free crown.
Maybe you some of you deserve to win it ...old thermo guys like Al or Delboy ... but i cant see the rest in that story... simple put you have less of allays and more ex enemy's inside. From Yellow hold to Chaos... now maybe you mate Ozzz :)

DeletedUser54775

After that the fantastic Imperium Leaderships caused the Jimbobicus85 "faildown" , after that Thermopylae was called "Piggies" by Ozzz , Virdian and Timmins for months ,now accepted a NAP with them....that's the HILARIOUS end of the story....LOL
smiley_emoticons_auslachen2.gif
Thermopylae forgives. This is the great thing about this alliance. Always fair and good to the people who joins their ranks. Pass transgressions are forgiven.

DeletedUser54192

Thermopylae forgives. This is the great thing about this alliance. Always fair and good to the people who joins their ranks. Pass transgressions are forgiven.
Always handy to come up with an excuse like this. But I suppose you need it given the sort of things Thermopylae and their players get up to:
- Bullying their pacts.
- Having a lack of respect for the rules.
- Openly insulting other teams and players in ways that go beyond the game.
- Poaching enemy players rather than fighting them as they should be able to.
- Recruiting players they have continually insulted for weeks.
- NAPing alliances they promised they would wipe out.

DeletedUser23786

This external forum is hilarious. I hope everyone has as much fun inside the game as over here. Anyway more time should probably be better spent inside the game cleaning up internals just saying....

DeletedUser54775

Always handy to come up with an excuse like this. But I suppose you need it given the sort of things Thermopylae and their players get up to:
- Bullying their pacts.
- Having a lack of respect for the rules.
- Openly insulting other teams and players in ways that go beyond the game.
- Poaching enemy players rather than fighting them as they should be able to.
- Recruiting players they have continually insulted for weeks.
- NAPing alliances they promised they would wipe out.
This external forum is hilarious. I hope everyone has as much fun inside the game as over here. Anyway more time should probably be better spent inside the game cleaning up internals just saying....

You should take lessons from them, Kal, and you might be good an effective leader one day. This is a quote from Sun Tzu.

• For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
  • The best victory is when the opponent surrenders of its own accord before there are any actual hostilities... It is best to win without fighting.
This is what our great leaders have done. They have give us victories and acquisition of vast areas of territory and cities without wasting resources in fighting. Then we can concentrate on other threats. Nothing wrong. Something really clever. The alliance of the rim was complete failure because you guys were outplayed by smarter leadership.

I share this video about Sun Tzu for those who are interested. If you think that fighting should take place for the sake of fighting, then you will never win. Our leaders wise and understand this well.

DeletedUser54192

You should take lessons from them, Kal, and you might be good an effective leader one day.
If you took those lessons yourself, we wouldn't have to put up with all your inane PnPs here. And if I am not good or effective, I wonder why people keep promoting me to roles of responsibility in whichever worlds I play in?

This is what our great leaders have done. They have give us victories and acquisition of vast areas of territory and cities without wasting resources in fighting.

Smart in real life. But really disappointing and lame in a war strategy game.

The alliance of the rim was complete failure because you guys were outplayed by smarter leadership.

No, we failed because we had some inter-alliance issues. The only thing your leadership achieved was poaching players, ignoring the rules (and then attempting to persuade us to lessen the consequences of that by asking us not to take Jim's cities while he was away - oh, and they did that by offering to trade out cities belonging to another of their own players :p), and making very quick pacts or NAPs with alliances who you have constantly insulted and deemed "irrelevant" (and at least one of them vocally supported your claims, so you can't say that they are unconnected).

I share this video about Sun Tzu for those who are interested.
Have you not learned about showing videos with controversial context?

If you think that fighting should take place for the sake of fighting, then you will never win. Our leaders wise and understand this well.
In a game that was specifically designed to be about fighting and military strategy, then fighting is the essence. Even members of Inno's staff agree that we need a new endgame that better suits the rest of the game. Your leaders understand that through simming, poaching and hugging, they can achieve a victory that won't gain them much in the way of respect.

DeletedUser54775

If you took those lessons yourself, we wouldn't have to put up with all your inane PnPs here. And if I am not good or effective, I wonder why people keep promoting me to roles of responsibility in whichever worlds I play in?

Smart in real life. But really disappointing and lame in a war strategy game.

No, we failed because we had some inter-alliance issues. The only thing your leadership achieved was poaching players, ignoring the rules (and then attempting to persuade us to lessen the consequences of that by asking us not to take Jim's cities while he was away - oh, and they did that by offering to trade out cities belonging to another of their own players :p), and making very quick pacts or NAPs with alliances who you have constantly insulted and deemed "irrelevant" (and at least one of them vocally supported your claims, so you can't say that they are unconnected).

Have you not learned about showing videos with controversial context?

In a game that was specifically designed to be about fighting and military strategy, then fighting is the essence. Even members of Inno's staff agree that we need a new endgame that better suits the rest of the game. Your leaders understand that through simming, poaching and hugging, they can achieve a victory that won't gain them much in the way of respect.

You know, Kal, the video has important lessons that can improve the thinking of Grepo players. Many think on a very linear simple way. Thermo leaders are very intelligent and smart. You can not see and this is why you put them down. The results are there. Our leaders are beating you in term of military, economic and diplomatic objectives.

The end of this game is superb because it makes sure that the end of the game is not military. This is very realistic. War is not caused for fighting or military reasons and objectives. War is the result of political and economic forces. The military events are the outcome of competing for economic and political supremacy. In this case, our primary objective is to have as many cities as possible as close as possible to send resources for the construction of wonders. It is really a fantastic ending.! IMO do not change this ending it is stroke of geniuses!

DeletedUser54192

Thermo leaders are very intelligent and smart.
I see Jim was smart enough to try and sell information to an enemy. :p Doesn't sound very smart to me...

Our leaders are beating you in term of military, economic and diplomatic objectives.

They aren't winning that much in terms of the military. Statistically they are losing to HEROES, and have only a tiny advantage against Atlantis, having taken 3 cities recently that belonged to a player who had already left the game. In terms of diplomacy, all they have done recently is to hurriedly pact alliances that their representative has insulted or demeaned, because Thermo aren't perhaps as strong as you claim. If they were as strong as you claim, there would be no need to hug Heavenly Myrmidons or Imperium.

The end of this game is superb because it makes sure that the end of the game is not military.

Yes, because it makes complete sense for a military strategy game to have a non-military ending... (sarcasm, in case you don't work it out).

This is very realistic.
This is a game. It is not about being realistic. If it was about being realistic, we would have no spells, no mythological units, no events, etc.

It is really a fantastic ending.! IMO do not change this ending it is stroke of geniuses!
It is an ending that is primarily supported by those who choose to sim through worlds, rather than embracing the intended fighting spirit of the game. This ending is something that has ruined the game, in the opinion of many veterans, because of the way it encourages simming, hugging, mass-recruiting, and avoiding tough wars wherever possible.

DeletedUser23786

It is an ending that is primarily supported by those who choose to sim through worlds, rather than embracing the intended fighting spirit of the game. This ending is something that has ruined the game, in the opinion of many veterans, because of the way it encourages simming, hugging, mass-recruiting, and avoiding tough wars wherever possible.

I guess this works in the favour of Atlantis right now

DeletedUser54192

I guess this works in the favour of Atlantis right now
Not exactly. Some of us have actually fought what was probably the longest constant war on this server so far, and we all fought HEROES for a considerable amount of time). So we aren't exactly simmers. Look at my stats if you don't believe me - and that is after having been stuck off the frontlines for a while. And given that you can see that we are slimming down at the moment, it's hardly mass-recruiting. I can point out much better examples of that from other servers.

DeletedUser23786

Not exactly. Some of us have actually fought what was probably the longest constant war on this server so far, and we all fought HEROES for a considerable amount of time). So we aren't exactly simmers. Look at my stats if you don't believe me - and that is after having been stuck off the frontlines for a while. And given that you can see that we are slimming down at the moment, it's hardly mass-recruiting. I can point out much better examples of that from other servers.
I said this in reference to the end game and it working in your favour with what is required towards the latter part of the server. Right now your alliance can only sim hug and avoid wars. I don't think we can be under any illusions this is the case right now. The point is without the wars and only simming/sending dlu there is a high risk of more players getting bored and leaving before the wonders start.

DeletedUser54192

I said this in reference to the end game and it working in your favour with what is required towards the latter part of the server. Right now your alliance can only sim hug and avoid wars. I don't think we can be under any illusions this is the case right now. The point is without the wars and only simming/sending dlu there is a high risk of more players getting bored and leaving before the wonders start.
If I could get enough BP, I would have moved to a frontline already. Unfortunately, you lot have been doing a rather good job of dodging the cities I have LTS in. :p Also, for the reference, myself and some others would have gone happily into a closer war if it were not for the fact that it would guarantee a Thermopylae win.

DeletedUser54775

If I could get enough BP, I would have moved to a frontline already. Unfortunately, you lot have been doing a rather good job of dodging the cities I have LTS in. :p Also, for the reference, myself and some others would have gone happily into a closer war if it were not for the fact that it would guarantee a Thermopylae win.
There is no point on pretending, Kal. Your alliance is no better than a gang of ragtag players that play like bandits on the outskirts of our empire.

DeletedUser54775

do not kid delude yourself with something that you are not...

DeletedUser54775

I see Jim was smart enough to try and sell information to an enemy. :p Doesn't sound very smart to me...

They aren't winning that much in terms of the military. Statistically they are losing to HEROES, and have only a tiny advantage against Atlantis, having taken 3 cities recently that belonged to a player who had already left the game. In terms of diplomacy, all they have done recently is to hurriedly pact alliances that their representative has insulted or demeaned, because Thermo aren't perhaps as strong as you claim. If they were as strong as you claim, there would be no need to hug Heavenly Myrmidons or Imperium.

Yes, because it makes complete sense for a military strategy game to have a non-military ending... (sarcasm, in case you don't work it out).

This is a game. It is not about being realistic. If it was about being realistic, we would have no spells, no mythological units, no events, etc.

The games makes complete sense. If you do not like it or understand it, then it is not my problem.
At the end, you are not good nor understand this game, this is why you are ranked 323 and your cities average 4,000 points!

DeletedUser31385

The games makes complete sense. If you do not like it or understand it, then it is not my problem.
At the end, you are not good nor understand this game, this is why you are ranked 323 and your cities average 4,000 points!
Not taking sides, but points don't mean jack crap. It is the battle points that show the real skill of a player. You could have a large myth nuke and only have 4-5k points on the city.