GNN (Grepolis News Network) Thermopylae Knocks Out Coalition of the Rim

DeletedUser54775

Not taking sides, but points don't mean jack crap. It is the battle points that show the real skill of a player. You could have a large myth nuke and only have 4-5k points on the city.
1) You are taking sides, and you do not do this as a moderator. Beacuse you already have shown great bias for the other side.

This precisely the myth that I am trying to break here.
2) The ultimate worth of a player is the productive capacity of its cities.
3) What most people do not understand is that battle points only represent casualties. Building nukes and throwing them randomly at cities do will give you a lot of points, but it does not mean that you have advanced in the final objective of the game.

DeletedUser31385

1) You are taking sides, and you do not do this as a moderator. Beacuse you already have shown great bias for the other side.

This precisely the myth that I am trying to break here.
2) The ultimate worth of a player is the productive capacity of its cities.
3) What most people do not understand is that battle points only represent casualties. Building nukes and throwing them randomly at cities do will give you a lot of points, but it does not mean that you have advanced in the final objective of the game.
1. I simply disagree with what you are saying. I have a right to my own opinion on the matter of gameplay.

2. Yes.... true in terms of troop production early and mid-game with resources towards the end

3. Most people don't randomly throw nukes at cities. There is often a lot of planning behind attacks and sieges. You need troops to get to the final objective and to stop others from achieving the final objective.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
in the world i play seriously, i have half the number of cities, half the size of your cities so a much lower ruler rank than you futbol
and yet, my number of bps is so much greater than yours that my fighter rank is halfway closer to the top than yours
it's not about how many or how big but how you use them
you extol your efficiency in city use but yet, this proves how you are not

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54775

1. I simply disagree with what you are saying. I have a right to my own opinion on the matter of gameplay.

2. Yes.... true in terms of troop production early and mid-game with resources towards the end

3. Most people don't randomly throw nukes at cities. There is often a lot of planning behind attacks and sieges. You need troops to get to the final objective and to stop others from achieving the final objective.
Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion. I would be happy to discuss the issue with you or anyone in another thread, but right now this thread is about Thermopylae's victory over the coalition of the rim because of the lack of wisdom of the leaders in the rim.
As you know, this is a highly acrimonious world both in-game and in the forum, you are complicating things for us without necessity.

I also do not want to go full on and prove to a moderator that he is wrong about it.

I do appreciate the job that you have done as a moderator. It is thankless job, and we are a difficult bunch. No need to make things worse.
Would you mind staying away from our own quarrels?

DeletedUser54775

in the world i play seriously, i have half the number of cities, half the size of your cities so a much lower ruler rank than you futbol
and yet, my number of bps is so much greater than yours that my fighter rank is halfway closer to the top than yours
it's not about how many or how big but how you use them
you extol your efficiency in city use but yet, this proves how you are not

I do respect very much people who fight. I do actually like to play against them because they make me grow faster. Rachel, the issue is that this game is about building world wonders. The final win is not the number of troops that you have killed or the number of battles that you have won. It is not even the actual size of your army.

The game is won by your ability to pump up resources and your ability to pump up armies at a FASTER RATE. To make an analogy, the Soviet Army beat the Nazi Army because Stalin understood this very well. The same for the generals in Indochina. The Romans and Greeks also understood this well. If you can pump armies and maximize production you will win against better fighters who might kill more of your troops but at the end they will lose because they cannot keep with the production of resources and armies.

People think that wars are about killing more enemies (i.e. getting more bonus points), but wars are about getting the factors that will help you win the economic, political and ideological war. The military conflict itself is secondary.

The same in Grepolis. at the end of this game, the winner is NOT the one that kills more troops, wins more battles, or collects more battle points, The winners is the one that builds the wonders. The logical consequence is that the best players are those who are able to help their alliance to build and defend the wonders because this is the winning condition.

Good fighters are important in an alliance, and believe me, I have seen excellent fighters in our alliance (i.e. Jim, theAlga, BKLM,Old man, Flash, Zeno, Simple, Criki, etc). They are second to none in the game, I am lucky because they understand the other side of the game too). I have been also in alliances where they just kill, kill, but at the end we lose because the other part of the game is ignored. I also have won with bad fighters but excellent resource managers.

At the end, I do have my conscience clear because I am doing what is needed to win the game. Once you understand that this is a RESOURCE game with a strong military component, then it is easy for you to do the optimal decisions and do not waste resources just to win battles and get battle points.

I would suggest to new people to completely ignore battle point ranks even ignore points.
The secret to winning is to have the highest number of cities with the highest production levels at the safest places (near each other). If you do this, you will win the game.

DeletedUser54192

The games makes complete sense. If you do not like it or understand it, then it is not my problem.
At the end, you are not good nor understand this game, this is why you are ranked 323 and your cities average 4,000 points!
The endgame doesn't fit with the original intended style of the game. Ask most of the veterans on this forum and they would most likely agree.

And yes, my cities have a low average points - that's because I colonised quite a few times in a strategic locations for the benefit of my alliance. Whereas you just keep feeding off internals and going for higher point inactives.

DeletedUser54775

I do understand that the way I think is not the way that the vocal community thinks. It is fine with me. I do think differently and play differently. As I said, at the end I know that I make a significant contribution towards the winning of the game, even if it is not glamorous and requires a lot of tedious work during the game.

DeletedUser54903

Mate he told his oppinon nothing else... I hope it's still free contry were you are from cos you clap here all the time... with 90% of it beeing total rubbish... still its a free forum ...not yours... He just started a fact ah he intiteld to .. whit a claim that is vast on facts...you will learn that some day... still he did not say anytging against you... but i will ... simply if you just collecting big cityes dosent mean you are the best... beeing a collector of iternal makes you a SimCity player. So in regards of combat points has nothing to do with it.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
futbol, i can't be bothered to read your essay, esp since it is off topic
and we know how YOU hate that

1. you post was about the efficient use of troops
the end game has nothing to do with that
you lost the argument and were proved a failure, again
get over it

2. the name of this thread is a joke and a lie, proven AGAIN
and YOU changed the topic
so don't complain when others express opinions about those other topics

DeletedUser54775

We are beating you at defence, attack, building, taking internals, diplomacy, etc. Everything single aspect of the game you are been crushed. I understand that people have sympathy for the losing side, but at the end it is well deserved because we have worked hard at it. specially our leadership is quite responsible for having us in this superior position. It boils down to having a large number of players and leaders thinking "outside the box" and acting outside the conventions of "only focusing on attacking points" or archaic thinking of "blind loyalty". We are pragmatic.
So too bad...learn to lose... and you Rachel try to grow and perhaps you can join us one day and perhaps one day you will get a "crown".

Rachel.L

Phrourach
i am still on no team's side in mes
were i to join a side, it would be ANY team which did not have you as a member, futbol, b/c i don't play with proven liars and bullies
while i was going to leave mes, i stay now just to have access to stats
why do i want to grow if i'm not playing a world... waste of my time
you keep lumping me in with everyone else
i have not defended/ attacked/ joined anyone in mes, tho i've had offers
so how can you be crushing me... wishful thinking
however, i am overwhelming you personally on this forum with facts against your lies
that is all
keep posting so i can continue to knock you further and further down

DeletedUser54192

We are beating you at defence, attack, building, taking internals, diplomacy, etc.

To translate: they can gold walls better than us, they developed a tactic of getting half of an entire frontline to hide in VM to avoid city losses, they have big simmers like Futbol who love cleaning up internals, and their diplomacy consists of bullying pact members and allying anyone who will agree to it.

specially our leadership is quite responsible for having us in this superior position.
Yes - by poaching players, hugging anyone who'll let them, and a mix of other dodgy or "interesting" behaviour.

t boils down to having a large number of players and leaders thinking "outside the box" and acting outside the conventions of "only focusing on attacking points" or archaic thinking of "blind loyalty".
It boils down to players willing to use any dirty methods possible to succeed, who think that disloyalty and alliance-hopping is a great idea.

Futbol, when are you going to write something that makes sense?

DeletedUser54775

i am still on no team's side in mes
were i to join a side, it would be ANY team which did not have you as a member, futbol, b/c i don't play with proven liars and bullies
while i was going to leave mes, i stay now just to have access to stats
why do i want to grow if i'm not playing a world... waste of my time
you keep lumping me in with everyone else
i have not defended/ attacked/ joined anyone in mes, tho i've had offers
so how can you be crushing me... wishful thinking
however, i am overwhelming you personally on this forum with facts against your lies
that is all
keep posting so i can continue to knock you further and further down

Dear Rachel,
I just want to share with you that your word are very hurtful. We are the ones that have been bullied and been unfairly treated just because we are working hard and winning. Others want to win without putting the hard work. We have done it.

DeletedUser54192

I just want to share with you that your word are very hurtful.
I believe you were asked to report things if you thought they were bad? If you want to bring that up, perhaps I should remind you that basically every single PnP that you have ever written has included insults towards a player or players within the coalition, and that many were written purely for the purposes of insulting us. If you can't take a bit of trash talk, don't insult and act aggressively towards everyone else.

We are the ones that have been bullied and been unfairly treated just because we are working hard and winning. Others want to win without putting the hard work. We have done it.
You started this entire externals war. Don't blame it on us when we return fire. And if you think no-one apart from Thermopylae has done any hard work this server, perhaps you ought to take your head out of the sand.

DeletedUser54775

To translate: they can gold walls better than us, they developed a tactic of getting half of an entire frontline to hide in VM to avoid city losses, they have big simmers like Futbol who love cleaning up internals, and their diplomacy consists of bullying pact members and allying anyone who will agree to it.

Yes - by poaching players, hugging anyone who'll let them, and a mix of other dodgy or "interesting" behaviour.

It boils down to players willing to use any dirty methods possible to succeed, who think that disloyalty and alliance-hopping is a great idea.

Futbol, when are you going to write something that makes sense?

I believe you were asked to report things if you thought they were bad? If you want to bring that up, perhaps I should remind you that basically every single PnP that you have ever written has included insults towards a player or players within the coalition, and that many were written purely for the purposes of insulting us. If you can't take a bit of trash talk, don't insult and act aggressively towards everyone else.

You started this entire externals war. Don't blame it on us when we return fire. And if you think no-one apart from Thermopylae has done any hard work this server, perhaps you ought to take your head out of the sand.

The last comment was to Rachel and not to you. It is very hurtful that she is making comments like I will never play with you and you are liar, when in reality she does not know me, and I am just stating how I feel and see the world of grepolis through my eyes. It is something that you probably would not understand because you are not part of minority, living in North America.

We have worked harder than you and have outsmarted you this is why we are winning. I really do not understand why you can not have good sportpersonship and accept defeat graciously rather than putting us down.
You know Kal you have been attacking non-stop our leaders and players. It is specially offensive when you attack their qualities as human beings, specially Jim and the Algha, and do not given them the benefit of the doubt. These are people who have devoted a lot of hours and money to our game and you have pushed them away and look down on them. If some people do not spend money on the game, then we would not have the game. It is thanks to them that we have this beautiful and enjoyable game, so why viciously and personally attack the people who are making this game better. If we are winning, it is because we deserve it, not because we have dubious personalities or traits.

I know that you do not understand how double hurtful your comments and the comments of Rachel are because in real life people are constantly attacking our characters because of our minority status. There is one thing to make blank statements for the fun of it in progaganda and there is something different to go actually after specific people trying to tarnish their reputations and personalities.

DeletedUser54850

The last comment was to Rachel and not to you. It is very hurtful that she is making comments like I will never play with you and you are liar, when in reality she does not know me, and I am just stating how I feel and see the world of grepolis through my eyes. It is something that you probably would not understand because you are not part of minority, living in North America.

We have worked harder than you and have outsmarted you this is why we are winning. I really do not understand why you can not have good sportpersonship and accept defeat graciously rather than putting us down.
You know Kal you have been attacking non-stop our leaders and players. It is specially offensive when you attack their qualities as human beings, specially Jim and the Algha, and do not given them the benefit of the doubt. These are people who have devoted a lot of hours and money to our game and you have pushed them away and look down on them. If some people do not spend money on the game, then we would not have the game. It is thanks to them that we have this beautiful and enjoyable game, so why viciously and personally attack the people who are making this game better. If we are winning, it is because we deserve it, not because we have dubious personalities or traits.

I know that you do not understand how double hurtful your comments and the comments of Rachel are because in real life people are constantly attacking our characters because of our minority status. There is one thing to make blank statements for the fun of it in progaganda and there is something different to go actually after specific people trying to tarnish their reputations and personalities.

Tango, if a random player who wasn't affiliated with either side sees these forums and sides against you, then that is strong evidence to suggest that you are wrong.

Also, please don't play the race card, I can understand the fact that you may be having a hard time, and I'm sorry about that, but that does not add any credibility to your argument and being a minority doesn't automatically mean you are right.
If you ever need support from me because of racism then fell free to pm me but please just don't use it in arguments.

Rachel.L

Phrourach

futbol, you can be hurt all you want but you have said hurtful things to me and others
i could pull up pages and pages of bullying on your part but i would be sensored for excessive/ double posting
anyone can read your multple pnps and find you calling anyone not in thermo to be worthless - bullying
you specifically targeted me, tried to tarnish me, calling me suspicious, having hidden motives, and said i was not the mother teresa i claimed to be
i never made such a claim and you tarnished two women with that one phrase
i have proven that you are a liar, many times over, a fact
and it is my option to not play with you, my right
if that hurts you, I DON'T CARE

no one on the mes forums has mentioned race but you
i AM a minority
have you bothered to think of the insults to my minority that you have made?
no, you have not.... you made one insincere apology when kal called you on it so you didn't get infracted
but no one knows your race or has said anything against you except your playing style and your use of fake facts
you are making up hurt feeling about something that does not exist
if you continue to perpetuate the lie that i or anyone else insulted your race i will report you
as said above if you believe i crossed a line and broke a rule, feel free to report me
otherwise, stop making crap up

Last edited:

DeletedUser54192

The last comment was to Rachel and not to you. It is very hurtful that she is making comments like I will never play with you and you are liar, when in reality she does not know me, and I am just stating how I feel and see the world of grepolis through my eyes.
You have made exactly the same comments about myself and worse. If you feel that those are hurtful comments, then don't use them yourself.

It is something that you probably would not understand because you are not part of minority, living in North America.

It's something I would understand as someone who was bullied for a lot of my time in school. But you seem like the sort of person who is happy to give out this trash talk / abuse, yet cry and claim "bullying" when someone does it back to you.

We have worked harder than you and have outsmarted you this is why we are winning.

Given that you obviously haven't been following the world events that are not directly on your doorstep, you are in no position to say who has worked harder. You may have invested more gold and been around on the world for a month or so longer than me, but I doubt you have been through quite as much as myself and some of my teammates. As to "outsmarting" us, that's an interesting term to use when it basically refers to poaching players and hugging anyone who will accept a pact request.

I really do not understand why you can not have good sportpersonship and accept defeat graciously rather than putting us down.

First, it isn't defeat if you haven't won yet. Second, I would accept defeat graciously if your team played honourably (which they haven't). Third, you have shown not one ounce of sportsmanship in your communications with us on these externals. You want sportsmanship, try demonstrating some yourself.

You know Kal you have been attacking non-stop our leaders and players.

For anyone who bothers to look back at the start of all this, they will see that my criticisms of Thermopylae and its players were in direct response to slander against the coalition by yourself. It's called retaliation.

It is specially offensive when you attack their qualities as human beings, specially Jim and the Algha, and do not given them the benefit of the doubt.

You did exactly the same to Virdian when you lied in order to make insulting accusations towards us. You also compared the entire coalition leadership to slave-owners, which is more offensive than anything that we have ever said about you or your leadership. You have never given us the benefit of the doubt. You have no right to complain when you have been doing exactly the same things to us, on a worse level, for a longer period of time.

These are people who have devoted a lot of hours and money to our game and you have pushed them away and look down on them.

You did exactly the same to the coalition, by calling every non-Thermopylae player "irrelevant" on multiple occasions. Again, don't criticise us for something that you started.

If some people do not spend money on the game, then we would not have the game.

I have no objection with people spending money on the game. But when someone uses a lot of gold and then claims that that is skill, I have issues. I have mentioned that same opinion about at least one teammate on this server, so don't call me biased there.

It is thanks to them that we have this beautiful and enjoyable game, so why viciously and personally attack the people who are making this game better.

Actually, you wouldn't have this game without the newer players, or any of the other alliances. You trash us as being "irrelevant" and less experienced than yourself and your teammates. But without new players, this game will die out. Your elitist attitude can severely hinder the enjoyment of newer players, because all they see is arrogant players doing nothing but boast about their size and supposed skill that comes from said size.

If we are winning, it is because we deserve it, not because we have dubious personalities or traits.

Your team does have some good players. I have never denied that. But you have bragged that your team poaches players, that they NAP various teams (as soon as said team is willing to accept an arrangement Thermo jumps on it), that you personally used leaked information to achieve "supporter of the day" awards and that your alliance apparently used it to foil our OPs. None of that sounds honourable to me.

There is one thing to make blank statements for the fun of it in progaganda and there is something different to go actually after specific people trying to tarnish their reputations and personalities.
This is exactly what you did to Virdian and myself, as well as the entirety of the coalition leadership to an extent. In a way, if Jim and Al feel upset about any evidenced accusations about them on these forums, they have you to blame for kicking it off with lots of unevidenced insulting accusations towards us.

I know that you do not understand how double hurtful your comments and the comments of Rachel are because in real life people are constantly attacking our characters because of our minority status.
I don't understand how being in a minority in real life means that you are allowed to bully us online and then be somehow exempt when we trash-talk you online in retaliation. You know very little about my real life. The few who do know anything about me or my life know that while I may not be in a minority group in society, it's not all roses by any means.

And if you want to complain about real insults on these forums, I suggest you ask people about some of the stuff said by Shaz Boodoo, which included a message telling me to commit suicide, simply because he didn't like me asking if him bragging about his RL was relevant to the fact that people were calling him out (not me, actually) on how he was behaving in a rather dodgy manner in-game on a particular world.

DeletedUser54775

So Rachel, Ares, and Kal,
I can see your point of view. Specially from Rachel. What about if we have fresh start. Forgive each other and move on. We can continue with our propaganda, but try to avoid making non specific to individual people. I beg to differ on who started this because I remember very well the idea of starting the "news flash" because the way Jim was been attacked.

Do you think that you guys have in you to forgive and move on and make it non specific?

DeletedUser54850

So Rachel, Ares, and Kal,
I can see your point of view. Specially from Rachel. What about if we have fresh start. Forgive each other and move on. We can continue with our propaganda, but try to avoid making non specific to individual people. I beg to differ on who started this because I remember very well the idea of starting the "news flash" because the way Jim was been attacked.

Do you think that you guys have in you to forgive and move on and make it non specific?

I guess so, as long as we keep things respectful and dont personally attack each other then I suppose we can forgive each other.