Rejected God Emotions

• Thread starter DeletedUser35431
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser35431

Now updated

Improvement:
Proposal: To have a god happiness meter underneath the favor meter.

Reason: Make it more realistic. I have seen other games with this.

Details: The meter shows how happy the gods are. The happiness of a god is the same for all cities worshipping said god. In the temple you can check each gods happiness. If the god that you worships' happiness in below 15% he could cast a spell against you. E.G. Zeus' happiness is 9%. He casts lightning bolt on your city. This works like farming villages when they revolt. If gods that you do not worship you are unhappy they may not allow you to worship them. You start with 50% for all gods. Happiness is measured in from 0%-100% If the meter is down, favor will production levels will decrease. If it is high favor production will improve. At 50% Happy favor production is the same. At 100% it will be 25% faster. At 0% it will be 25% slower. If a gods happiness hits zero, they will leave you. They will take all their units with them. When the temple is constructed, all gods are at 50%. Other gods emotions will stay at 50% until you interact with them. E.G. if I worship Hades, and I have 65% with him and 50% with the other gods, if I change to Zeus, Hades will lose 10%, and Zeus will get 10%.

You can make the god you worship happy by:
  1. By changing to this god +10%
  2. Upgrading Temple +10%
  3. Winning Battles with myth units +8% (As long as one myth unit goes to battle and you win, even if the myth unit does not make it back, you get 8% + happiness)
  4. Training myth units +2%
  5. Getting a meddle or award +5%
  6. Building divine statue +100%
    You will only receive it once the building is finished.
  7. Purchasing gold -
    • Less than 50 Gold = 2%
    • Between 50 and 100 gold = 5%
    • Between 100 and 200 gold = 10%
    • More than 200 = 15%
    • When you have the effect of the high priestess is in use your happiness will not be able to sink below 50%. If you have less than 50% your happiness will go to 50%
  8. Spending gold - Immediate 25%

The god you worship will lose happiness when you:
  1. Lose myth units in battle -5%
  2. Degrade temple -15%
  3. Changing god -10% for old god.
  4. Loosing myth units out of battle -5%
  5. Loosing a city -75%
    Only if you have 2+ cities.
  6. If you interact with your current god the happiness of all other gods will go down by 1% (2% on hero worlds)
  7. When others cast spells on you - 5%
  8. Being kicked from an alliance - 25%
  9. Inactivity -
    • 5 Days = -5%
    • 8 Days = -10%
    • 10 Days = 15%
    • 15 Days = 25%
    • 20< Days = -45%
The formula is: Game speed x (square root of (temple levels + number of divine statues in cities worshiping that god x 5)) x *Square root of the happiness value.

*You can gain happiness by spending/buying gold. You shall get varying amounts of happiness whenever you buy gold. Then you gain 10% happiness when you spend gold.

The happiness value is how much the happiness is above 50%.

When you are worshiping a god in two cities the speed of happiness is not any different.

N.B. If your happiness is below 10% you will not be able to cast spells.

E.G. 67% Happiness = 17% Happiness value

* If the happiness value is positive, your favor production will be the square root of your happiness value. If negative the favor production speed will be the happiness value.

E.G. If the happiness value is 17%, the favour production speed will be 4.1% faster. If it is 46% the favour production will be 6.7 faster. IF it is 50% (MAX) it will be 10 % faster (This is not the square root but with MAX value it will be 10%)

E.G.If it is -13% favour production will be 13% slower.

So if you are on a speed 1 world with one city with a temple level 9 and 89% happiness your favour production will be 9,2

Visual Aids:
Official GREPO NICHOLAS 1.jpg

Abuse: No abuse! :eek::eek::eek:

Balance: Faster or slower favor production.

Thanks!:D

Now updated

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's a nice new idea, but there are a few flaws that need to be ironed out.

1. Your %'s will add up to more than 100% in total. 10% per temple already makes you 250% when fully built, plus you can have a decent amount of myths providing you choose a deity with cheap ones. It's possible that a player would exceed 350% favour, on what is already a massive strategical part of the game. If you capped it at 100% it would be done incredibly quickly and wouldn't be worth the challenge.

2. Your favour already goes up with temple levels. That's the whole idea of upgrading the Temple.

3. This would make more reasons to choose certain Gods over others. If you wanted lots of favour to use for whatever, you would simply choose Hera and get as many of those Harpy's for cheap and boost your favour multiplyer.

4. If a temple upgrade is 10%, and a downgrade is 15%, eventually when you get bolted enough times your favour will be in the negatives.

5. How can you possibly "unnecessarily use spells"?

6. You said favour gain would be by winning battles with myth units... What if only a portion of the army you sent is myths? How long does this effect last?

You've made a creative thought Nickry, but it needs a load of work and re-thinking.

DeletedUser35431

Green = Not a bug
Purple = Fixed
Red = Will fix

1. Your %'s will add up to more than 100% in total. 10% per temple already makes you 250% when fully built, plus you can have a decent amount of myths providing you choose a deity with cheap ones. It's possible that a player would exceed 350% favour, on what is already a massive strategical part of the game. If you capped it at 100% it would be done incredibly quickly and wouldn't be worth the challenge.

You get it and then it is there. You can loose it. Like in favor package. It is not permanent. It comes and then you use it. If you get 10% it adds on. E.g. You have 72% You upgrade your temple and loose myth units in battle. You will now be on 77%
2. Your favour already goes up with temple levels. That's the whole idea of upgrading the Temple.
Yes but if you are 50% plus in happiness. It is like the improved favor spell.

3. This would make more reasons to choose certain Gods over others. If you wanted lots of favour to use for whatever, you would simply choose Hera and get as many of those Harpy's for cheap and boost your favour multiplyer.
I will fix that.
4. If a temple upgrade is 10%, and a downgrade is 15%, eventually when you get bolted enough times your favour will be in the negatives.

When you reach 0% that is it. You cannot loose any more. Even if you do do one of the things that make the gods unhappy it will stay at 0%.
I have done that a few times but will change.

6. You said favour gain would be by winning battles with myth units... What if only a portion of the army you sent is myths? How long does this effect last?

If you go to battle with myth units and you win you get the happiness.
You've made a creative thought Nickry, but it needs a load of work and re-thinking.

EDIT:
Green = Not a bug
Purple = Fixed
Red = Will fix

You get it and then it is there. You can loose it. Like in favor package. It is not permanent. It comes and then you use it. If you get 10% it adds on. E.g. You have 72% You upgrade your temple and loose myth units in battle. You will now be on 77%
Yes but if you are 50% plus in happiness. It is like the improved favor spell.

I will fix that.

When you reach 0% that is it. You cannot loose any more. Even if you do do one of the things that make the gods unhappy it will stay at 0%.
I have done that a few times but will change.

If you go to battle with myth units and you win you get the happiness.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35431

Why thanks Taikou

Please can people rate this thread. But do it honestly.

Varun

Strategos
Great idea Nickry. However I have something to add.

Give this condition under losing happiness.

- Changing gods = -5% happiness

Due to this people will at least stop changing gods frequently to get undue boost. :)

Varun

Strategos
This idea is pretty cool but making the gods faces change would be a great thing to go along like zeus frowning when it's a decrease lol :)

Nice and true :)

+rep

Edit: I would have +repped you Nickry, but I gotta spread some rep around before that. :) Will do it as soon as I can.

DeletedUser30490

i like it as well,
Repped you already gotta pread the love.
i think nickry's gunning for a green bar by leaving the OT section

DeletedUser35431

This is probably my best thread ever! Remember to rate this thread!

DeletedUser33530

Nickry this is some great effort but I still just don't like the idea.

DeletedUser

i'm 50/50, but you actually thought about it,, that's good.

DeletedUser19042

Honestly, the idea is good, and there's logic in what you are saying. It's good.

But I just fail to see how it would benefit me in the game. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.