Rejected God Emotions

• Thread starter DeletedUser35431
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8396

If you can lose points for inactivity shouldn't you be able to gain % for activity?

We have that. It is literally every other way we gain happiness in the idea. Adding any other ways to gain would be too much.

DeletedUser35431

Gold to happiness ratio is too high.
I was also thinking that. But do you mean buying gold or using gold?
If you can lose points for inactivity shouldn't you be able to gain % for activity?
No. You get - happiness for being inactive because most people are regularly active. You should not be inactive so that is why you lose happiness.

DeletedUser44785

Not a fan of this idea i think it is an unnecessary implement.

DeletedUser28741

I like the concept, but I see a lot of potential for abuse. Especially with respect to the gold-related stuff.

I don't think gold should have any effect on this system. At most, add 1 or 2 "permanent" positive percentage points for using the priestess. That way, if you have her, you can never actually reach -50 (0%). Even then, that would be a double-dip on the production bonus because of the built-in favor production boost she provides. I think to help balance a potentially substantial positive, you need some sort of negative as well. For example, increase each of the losses by 1% while she's active or something like that.

Think about it. Let's say someone has 0 happy points for any god (all 5 are at an even 50%) and 10 cities (2-cities for each god). Said player loses a city. The player's happiness is instantly -50 for that god (because you can't go less than 0%).

The -50 can be instantly offset by starting a cheap building upgrade and halving it twice. See the problem here?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35431

I like the concept, but I see a lot of potential for abuse. Especially with respect to the gold-related stuff.

I don't think gold should have any effect on this system. At most, add 1 or 2 "permanent" positive percentage points for using the priestess. That way, if you have her, you can never actually reach -50 (0%). Even then, that would be a double-dip on the production bonus because of the built-in favor production boost she provides. I think to help balance a potentially substantial positive, you need some sort of negative as well. For example, increase each of the losses by 1% while she's active or something like that.

Think about it. Let's say someone has 0 happy points for any god (all 5 are at an even 50%) and 10 cities (2-cities for each god). Said player loses a city. The player's happiness is instantly -50 for that god (because you can't go less than 0%).

The -50 can be instantly offset by starting a cheap building upgrade and halving it twice. See the problem here?

I have never looked at it like that. I shall make it so that if you have a god in two cities there can be less abuse. Also I will make it so that you only get happiness when you use the gold.

DeletedUser39031

Not a fan of this idea i think it is an unnecessary implement.
Agreed, I think it'll decrease the use of myth units for fighting because no one will want them to die.

You've out a lot of effort in, but how does it help make the game better? Don't say more realistic or "a new element"-basically meaning a more confusing and time consuming game.

DeletedUser35431

Agreed, I think it'll decrease the use of myth units for fighting because no one will want them to die.

You've out a lot of effort in, but how does it help make the game better? Don't say more realistic or "a new element"-basically meaning a more confusing and time consuming game.

Good point, but you will only lose a lot of myth units if you use a really bad attack.

DeletedUser39031

Good point, but you will only lose a lot of myth units if you use a really bad attack.
50 mantis with a fully upgraded hero guy, priestess and the academy thing can be killed rather easily in the late stages of the world. In addition to this, because you can't have sharp, blunt and ranged myth units in the same troop, the defenders can easily prepare for the nuke = loss of Gods happiness

DeletedUser31385

This idea has been moved to rejected because it did not meet the requirements for a revote.

Status
Not open for further replies.