Passed God specific city bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Add a small god specific bonus to a city.

Reason:
The game is (slightely) predictable and it would be great if there's more variation. Several features, like the gods, could have many possibilities which we aren't used yet.
It doesn't matter which god you're worshipping in which city; the only thing this affects, is which myth units the city could have. There's no reason why you should a specific god in your city and not another one. The gods are all the same.

Details:
Just a suggestion:
  • Athena: buildings are constructed slightely faster or a research bonus
  • Hades: slightely increased silver production or a spy bonus
  • Hera: slightely increased warehouse storage capacity or a population bonus
  • Poseidon: naval units are produced slightely faster
  • Zeus: land units are produced slightely faster
I was thinking about a small bonus of, let's say, 5%.
However, these are just details which could and should be discussed.

I'm wondering what you think about the principle, to add a god specific city bonus.

Alaksandu

DeletedUser

Why would one bother to go to the effort of building a wonder when they could get the same benefit from building a temple?

DeletedUser

Priscilla, a god should give a smaller and different city bonus than a special building, e.g:

- The lighthouse increases the movement speed of your ships by 15%, while I suggest Poseidon will increase the construction speed of your naval units by 5%.
- The Thermal Baths increases your maximum population with 300, while I suggest Hera will increase the capacity of your warehouse by 500.

Of course it isn't really important what the city bonus of each god will be, as long as it's small; these are just details.

I'm only wondering if people like the idea to add a small god specific city bonus (whatever it may be), so please give your opinion.

Alaksandu

DeletedUser20429

Sure but just make sure this idea doesn't conflict with the WW :)

Status
Not open for further replies.