Gold abuse

DeletedUser39847

I know inno relies on premium as funding but is it really fair when a player can grow a wall from 0-19 in a couple of hours and build a medium sized army in the same time....like how can the rest of us compete? i use gold but maybe some sort of limitation needs to be brought in?

DeletedUser32577

maybe some sort of limitation needs to be brought in?

Never going to happen here, unless we want to start paying for the game. Those people who build walls and armies like that are the ones who make the money for inno. I have a friend who buys the biggest package every two weeks and doesn't do that much on a regular basis. Can't even imagine how much revenue inno makes off people like that. Why would a company limit their revenue?

Toria

DeletedUser

Ahahahaha no way.... It would be better for me if it was p2p, cos then i wouldnt sink extreme amounts of money into this game :p

DeletedUser39847

Never going to happen here, unless we want to start paying for the game. Those people who build walls and armies like that are the ones who make the money for inno. I have a friend who buys the biggest package every two weeks and doesn't do that much on a regular basis. Can't even imagine how much revenue inno makes off people like that. Why would a company limit their revenue?

Toria

Well the thing is i've seen 10 players leave in the last week...all of which use a decent amount of gold but surely those 10 players gold purchases extend to alot of revenue and is it worth loosing moderate gold users here and there over these "Gold Horders"

Don't get me wrong i support Inno and buy decent packages twice a month but not enough to make it impossible to be defeated. That is my point...is it fair a player can't be defeated because his pockets are deep (or he now has a bigger mortgage or bank loan :D:D) as opposed to a player who can't afford the amounts needed to conquer...It doesn't seem like a game any-more.

DeletedUser5554

Option 1: My four step solution to your problem

1: go to college.
2: Land yourself a well paying job.
3: Invest the money well.
4: Enjoy

Option 2:

Quit complaining and accept that gold provides this game. Do some people go over board? Yeah. But others can invest large amounts of time and less money and be even better. I've seen and done it. Fact of the matter is gold doesn't ruin the game it makes it.

DeletedUser39847

Option 2:

Quit complaining and accept that gold provides this game. Do some people go over board? Yeah. But others can invest large amounts of time and less money and be even better. I've seen and done it. Fact of the matter is gold doesn't ruin the game it makes it.

option 1 is completed ;) :p

option 2. Join Idalium and repeat that statement :D:p

DeletedUser

Option 2:

option 1: will take me 7 more years
option 2: i don't coz i know even if we were on level ground i would still not be as good as them as i don't play this game 24/7 like some zombies

DeletedUser39166

I think there isn't to much of a difference between medium gold users an low/no gold users but in my experience people only spend loads of gold for short period's and anyway theres lot's of way's to get gold without paying for it.

DeletedUser

Nobody would buy gold if it didn't do much. Inno relies on gold sales, and to make people buy the gold they have to give it a good use.

Long story short the system in which we live is unfair, not much you can do.

DeletedUser

inno games wont remove the gold ussage but i would suggest inno remove the one that lowers people time of building and keep the one that lowers the resources...

inno are you anywhere

DeletedUser

like kanga said..if they do any thing other than make gold more useful people won't buy it

its not unfair...we all got gold users on our team right? maybe when we need help we get it from them too

DeletedUser

I would love it if Inno introduced a world where gold couldn't be used, that would be the best day in the history of grep, pretty please?

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
That won't happen as that world would only lose them money. It costs money to run a server and gold purchases cover those costs. So a world without gold makes very little sense from a business standpoint.

DeletedUser

I know that, it is kind of obvious, just that would be amazing if that did happen, although it doesn't have a chance in hell of happening.

DeletedUser

There's really no need for players to spend massive amounts of money on the game, it makes it so normal players find it difficult to compete, so I agree a monthly cap or a limit to the amount of times you can half things or summon things in a day would be nice. Then again the massive cities they produce are quite nice when you take them...

DeletedUser

There's really no need for players to spend massive amounts of money on the game, it makes it so normal players find it difficult to compete, so I agree a monthly cap or a limit to the amount of times you can half things or summon things in a day would be nice. Then again the massive cities they produce are quite nice when you take them...

It's certainly a thought. At the end of the day, there IS a mental limit to how much gold you can spend. It's kinda hard to explain, but at some point you can spend more than what your brain can handle. Switching cities and halving times over and over for every city will kill your mental capacity at some point, and that's where we take over. (coolface)

Edit: My point being, if they have the money to spend, then they need to be damn well organised with how they do it, for it to make them a good threat.