Gold, and how it's ruining the game

Estas

Phrourach
This may be on it's way to being a chestnut.. but gold is destroying the Game.
While I'm well aware that Inno must make a profit, and costs are generally on the increase, but they've gone too far.

The Market used to be a useful tool in the development stages of the game.. but these days when you must scroll through literally 45 pages of offers for gold it becomes risible.
There are those who cannot compete with the financial resources of other players, and they inevitably fall by the way. This also reflects on the cost of accelerating building times, with this new system demanding a singular sum rather than diminishing building/recruiting times incrementally.

Considering the number of servers Inno has created, and the numbers of we suckers who play on several worlds simultaneously, this Game must be a pure cash cow. The 'improvements' over the last 5 years have been cosmetic for the most part. It's not as though they're busting their asses to make significant changes.
Surely, some necessary changes could be made to level the playing field.. maybe lower the Inno quarterly projections by a fraction for a few.. but it could keep the total of players joining, and deciding to stay.

Estas.

Last edited:

SlothTzu

Strategos
As a business, why should Inno care about the players who don't pay too much?

I spend a fiver every two weeks for premiums and sell res for gold on new worlds when they open. And I'm doing just fine.

All Inno care about is the money, and making gold less valuable for the big spenders, which they probably bank on a small bit, wouldn't make any sense for them.

Estas

Phrourach
Fact remains.. gold is ruining the game..
Skill in playing has been replaced by big spending..

New players are being routed out.. and maybe it's going to be 'buying a crown'.

Bull.

DeletedUser31385

Bull.

Notice how in 2 days into BP a guy has 8k points and one day later he has 3 cities on a speed 3 world.

DeletedUser

We have talked it over 1000 times.

With gold available on market, guys who couldn't buy it, can get it now for free. I know people who have made 16000 in Abdera.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42857

This may be on it's way to being a chestnut.. but gold is destroying the Game.
While I'm well aware that Inno must make a profit, and costs are generally on the increase, but they've gone too far.

The Market used to be a useful tool in the development stages of the game.. but these days when you must scroll through literally 45 pages of offers for gold it becomes risible.
There are those who cannot compete with the financial resources of other players, and they inevitably fall by the way. This also reflects on the cost of accelerating building times, with this new system demanding a singular sum rather than diminishing building/recruiting times incrementally.

Considering the number of servers Inno has created, and the numbers of we suckers who play on several worlds simultaneously, this Game must be a pure cash cow. The 'improvements' over the last 5 years have been cosmetic for the most part. It's not as though they're busting their asses to make significant changes.
Surely, some necessary changes could be made to level the playing field.. maybe lower the Inno quarterly projections by a fraction for a few.. but it could keep the total of players joining, and deciding to stay.

Estas.

I havnt bought any gold for the entirity of this server.

Yet I have 6000 gold in my account.

I just go on new worlds and trade.

Its easy to make gold for free if you put the work in

We have talked it over 1000 times.

With gold available on market, guys who couldn't buy it, can get it now for free. I know people who have made 16000 in Abdera.

This. Start of en86 I was making up to 1000 gold a day in trade. Even now still ticking over making 200-500 a day. Ive made about 25,000 gold in en86. Spent most of it mind you :S

Ryann16

Strategos

Bull.

The classic cries of lazy people. You don't need gold to keep up with the game even though it helps. I can keep up with the players who spend gold if I try, and I don't use gold. It's called being active mate...

DeletedUser31385

Save up like 300K gold and use it for one server. That would be OP.

DeletedUser

stop crying, if you got skills you don't need much gold, 200 per month and you can earn that in every world, just to have that last idiot for farming it's all you need.
The classic cries of lazy people. You don't need gold to keep up with the game even though it helps. I can keep up with the players who spend gold if I try, and I don't use gold. It's called being active mate...
guy said it all.

demo call'd sexy one

Estas

Phrourach
I don't think I could be what's called 'inactive' in any sense (unless, of course, RL throws a spanner in the works) and while I have indeed used gold to accelerate building.. and will continue to do so.. my original point remains.. gold is cheapening the game..
At least remove it from the market..
Consider.. gold bought through Paypal is not available to use for what..3 months..?

DeletedUser42857

At least remove it from the market..
Consider.. gold bought through Paypal is not available to use for what..3 months..?

Removing it from teh market would make the game even more gold biased, that would make it worse.

At the moment, there are a LOT of non gold buying players, who are making gold by selling resources in teh market and using that to fund advisers, quicker building, or having it to spend during events.

Gold trading in the market is one thing that has helped level the playing field.

DeletedUser31385

Removing it from teh market would make the game even more gold biased, that would make it worse.

At the moment, there are a LOT of non gold buying players, who are making gold by selling resources in teh market and using that to fund advisers, quicker building, or having it to spend during events.

Gold trading in the market is one thing that has helped level the playing field.

Just the people who can buy a ton are the ones causing the problems.

DeletedUser

i thought we went past "the gold is killing the game" stage 2-3 years ago...

DeletedUser18407

Eviction notice don't seem to worry about this simply because they play 10 worlds to gain some pocket money in order to rebuild there walls quickly once we have smashed them lol

DeletedUser42857

Eviction notice don't seem to worry about this simply because they play 10 worlds to gain some pocket money in order to rebuild there walls quickly once we have smashed them lol

So you saying that EN arent big gold spenders then?

Preferring to play other worlds and trade resources for gold to fund their main worlds rather than breaking out the credit card.

Sure everyone will take that as a compliment

DeletedUser18407

They do both , trouble is the gold does run dry eventually, and guess that's when you guys take that fictional holiday (vacation) in a nice hot country I should imagine shazboodoo who ? and Steve have quite a tan now .