Gold Exchange Feedback Thread

foogaloowhoOP

Strategos
I think I said that earlier? That with the old system no one bought my offers? (except the small few)
I am thrilled because I put in time and got a big reward. If you're not willing to put in the time then you are obviously not going to get a big reward either.
Although I think a few changes can be made (maybe up the cap a bit, make buying unlimited) like in tribalwars

I don't read your post unless I want to throw pointless crap at you. Knowing you, you would probably be the biggest snob whining over this change if you were in the wrong ocean.

Anyways I believe changes should be rolled out which addressing actual issues, or well some new feature. This however, to me feels like a solution to a problem which never existed.

If we are gonna give personal example of someone doing well then here's mine
I will always purchase enough gold to gold walls when needed and run advisors throughout the servers. Gold trading is never something I have focused although I don't mind dropping in a world and maybe earn 1-2K gold and move on or if i made zero, I will buy it if i need it.
And i am never gonna be buying resources, or insta buying troops, or ingredients (ok maybe sometimes ingredients). So if everybody was like me, you would have a whole bunch of simmer who don't care, cause it doesn't hurt us too much.

But I see how this is an issue for those who enjoyed various premium benefits through gold trading. And if this is an attempt to get more players to purchase, most changes have resulted in a negative effect on the player base. 115 is proof of that.

Anyways this will be my final comment on this thread, nothing is going to change though this is the new system now. Gold traders will just have to keep an eye out where potential golders are before dropping.

Inno why not instead of having it limited to ocean specific store, you have a global store. The amount time it needs to get res would remain fixed for every player depending on the speed of the world. That would address the situation to some extent, realizing you will never be rolling back these changes

Last edited:

DeletedUser55187

Ok, so this update has made it possible for someone to make a lot of gold if they are constantly refreshing, but there is very little gold to be found for casual traders. None of us are getting any trades as he fills the market the second anything gets bought. I now truly believe that 20bucks is the only one making any gold off of this. So for him, the system is great. I think he's just filling this thread with arguments so that inno ignores it all and doesn't try to fix it. :p

When gold trading first came out, it needed some tweaks. Hopefully this new system will see some tweaks, and hopefully they will be able to make it a bit more accessible to players who aren't willing to sit there refreshing for hours on end.

I just saw the ocean 55 gold exchange sitting on 40k out of 56k for quite some time without anyone putting res in until my market freed up, so am I actually the only one putting res in lol? Or are you lot just not checking enough :oops:
Or maybe I just got lucky again, yeah that's probably it. Wish I had this much luck in real life!

DeletedUser21392

Are you talking about en115? o45 still has cap of 22k for each. Hopefully more trading tomorrow.

Edit: It mentions that every day it will adjust to help balance trading rates between oceans. When exactly does this occur because the ocean I am in has very little trading activity and the amount of resources you get per gold has barely increased.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser55100

I have always been one to strongly criticise Innogames in the past , mainly for the number of events that they have subjected us to in increasing numbers.

However in this instance iI would very happily offer my congratulations to innogames for this enhancement which, particularly, in new worlds has totally opened up a fairer playing field in gold trading, something that a few little cliques of players seem to think was their own exclusive domain with the same few players trying to influence and control who is privy to gold trading in new worlds for some time now.

For too long in new worlds this same group of arrogant players have had priority over the lions share of gold trades from resources through the manipulation of the gold trade market by trying to influence who received the majority of gold through trading, the main beneficiaries being their own little cartels.

Many players on here who enter resources onto the market in a new world but never get the chance to make even 1k because in effect the market is already a closed shop through various "agreements etc" which try to ensure that its the same old faces who cream off the majority of gold through manipulating/influencing resource/gold trading in new worlds.

Well done inno for redressing the balance and how great it is to see those players that thought they previously had the gold market "under their exclusive control" now crying their eyes out LOL.

One of the best changes that has ever been made to the game so congratulations Inno - absolutely fantastic.

DeletedUser55850

This idea it's not that bad but it's insane to keep 20k trading cap. I can trade 60k by myself. We need to continously refresh tabs and everything to put an offert, if we are fast enough.
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-down_new.gif

I think that if there will be no trade limit it will be better.
smiley_emoticons_grepo_pacman.gif
smiley_emoticons_thumbs-up_new.gif

Shuri2060

Strategos
I think I said that earlier? That with the old system no one bought my offers? (except the small few)
I am thrilled because I put in time and got a big reward. If you're not willing to put in the time then you are obviously not going to get a big reward either.
Although I think a few changes can be made (maybe up the cap a bit, make buying unlimited) like in tribalwars
Oooooh so NOW we get the real reason behind all the insults and all.

Hahaha you have to be a real noob not to be able to make much with the old system. Even the worst bunch of simmers I know made 5k+ in each world from logging in 1/2 times a week which anyone would be happy with. I don't hang around here much so I wouldn't know - maybe it's because of your reputation that made this happen for you.

------------------------------------

Now back to topic - a suggestion for a fix (if we are going to keep this system):

Have a QUEUE. The capacity can be there, but people can queue their requests to sell. Now this would solve most of the complaints voiced hee.

Last edited:

1saaa

Strategos
I like this.

It's pretty good for getting gold and allows free to play players like me to get gold more consistently.

One issue I do see with this is it could allow enemy alliances to buy the re you put on offer. But honestly that's a really minor gripe.

Oooooh so NOW we get the real reason behind all the insults and all.

Hahaha you have to be a real noob not to be able to make much with the old system. Even the worst bunch of simmers I know made 5k+ in each world from logging in 1/2 times a week which anyone would be happy with. I don't hang around here much so I wouldn't know - maybe it's because of your reputation that made this happen for you.

------------------------------------

Now back to topic - a suggestion for a fix (if we are going to keep this system):

Have a QUEUE. The capacity can be there, but people can queue their requests to sell. Now this would solve most of the complaints voiced hee.
Yes I really am a big noob for not having friends who gold. Shame on me!
Get over it kid, you're lazy and don't wanna spend time getting gold and I'm not.
12k now btw, get on my levels noobs.

22d54bf976cfb540ea0ba4ee011b5974.png
48fe99427b062ec0011be676f70709f9.png

Theres no gold to be made btw. Bucks is just lucky btw.

Pro-Grep

Strategos
Well this new update have pros and cons definitely.

Pro was already mentioned above, that only certain players won't be able to get gold income, by premade agreements and make deals like buy 2k from me and get another 2k for free and so on. Also this won't let gold players take huge advantage over others, so everything will be more balanced.

Con is that it's all about your speed and time zone. For example when capacity refreshes if player has sleeep time, he will be left without nothing anyways. So this gives advantage to them who are online at the time when capacity refreshes and it sucks really.

I was never making lots of gold on new worlds, but with this new update I have gained nothing, because capacity is always full. So this update overall sucks for me personally.

DeletedUser52215

Yes I really am a big noob for not having friends who gold. Shame on me!
Get over it kid, you're lazy and don't wanna spend time getting gold and I'm not.
12k now btw, get on my levels noobs.

22d54bf976cfb540ea0ba4ee011b5974.png
48fe99427b062ec0011be676f70709f9.png

Theres no gold to be made btw. Bucks is just lucky btw.
If casuals like Bucks can make 12k imagine what good players can get

DeletedUser50620

115, a speed 4, has been out for a week and a half, and the cap started like it was day 1. How can you expect to make thousands of gold without spending time. You'd pay 6k for 50 gold before, how many times did you have to farm for that? 5 times. Thats 50 minutes for 150 gold. People like me who are hated by many did usually not find much people who would buy my resources. I have made 6500 gold in a few hours now. What Inno could do is change it so whoever buys the gold can buy unlimited resources instead of the market cap, which could help with the lack of free space in the exchange. Boo hoo that you have to spend time actually looking at the screen. What's all this BS about f2p players not having gold to buy advisors? I am a F2P player. I rarely buy any gold, and I have NEVER run out of advisors not even now. Instead of crying on the externals you could instead go actually trade some stuff! Or you could keep crying. Whichever you think will work better.

Players were redirected here by support. If you don't like reading our complaints I suggest you just consider yourself lucky and stop trolling this thread. You implicate that reporting our issues here is why we are not getting the trades, but you clearly have time to spend here, as much as the rest of us. I am even taking it into the bathroom. I have decided this game is 24/7 enough and this is a step too far. If it does not improve players will leave. Great as the game may be, I refuse to be owned by it.
If you rarely buy gold you are not F2P. I was unaware of you as a player before now, but I am beginning to see why you are so unpopular. Maybe there will be some good come from this, when those who spend gold realise its going straight into your coffers it might put them off spending it so freely....

Im sure you've never bought 200 gold for advisors when you ran out of gold, course not :)
And I honestly dont care what you think of me, you give your opinion on this new system and I critize that opinion nothing wrong with that no? No trolling going on at all.

DeletedUser55100

This is exactly the reason why i high five Inno over this "fair play gold -trading enhancement"

This is an example extract from the profile of an alliance that seeks to influence/manipulate gold trading in a new world. There are several of them and thanks to innos enhancement average joes like me can now compete for gold on a level playing field with our resources. We are fed up with these arrogant players thinking they have a divine right to take more gold than joe average and the all too widespread attempts to control the gold trading market through manipulation and influence.

The profile below is from an alliance called East India Company, an alliance of which Missymoo2 and Ruthie2 are members LOL, no wonder they are on here crying about the new system , guess they just can't handle the prospect of fair play, the average joe would previously have sat patiently having put his 2k resources only to find his 2k never taken due to the greed of the such alliance/s mentioned who attempt to restrict the trading of gold to their own players.

With the new system average joe has an EQUAL chance of getting some gold for his resources as Missy and her cohorts, which off course players like Missy will cry and stamp their feet because they can no longer get things all their own way.

----------------------------------------------
receive 1,000 extra resources with
every purchase

everytime you spend your gold
your name will go in for a weekly draw
for 10k resources of your choice
--------------------------------------------------

I kinda gave up on this game because of the "closed shop" arrangement that these type of alliances or individuals have increasingly polluted the gold trade facility with in new worlds, however I will now happily join another world, so one more returning customer for Grepolis and i'm sure many more will do likewise.

Well done Innogames, standing up for the Average Joe :)

Shuri2060

Strategos
This is exactly the reason why i high five Inno over this "fair play gold -trading enhancement"

This is an example extract from the profile of an alliance that seeks to influence/manipulate gold trading in a new world. There are several of them and thanks to innos enhancement average joes like me can now compete for gold on a level playing field with our resources. We are fed up with these arrogant players thinking they have a divine right to take more gold than joe average and the all too widespread attempts to control the gold trading market through manipulation and influence.

The profile below is from an alliance called East India Company, an alliance of which Missymoo2 and Ruthie2 are members LOL, no wonder they are on here crying about the new system , guess they just can't handle the prospect of fair play, the average joe would previously have sat patiently having put his 2k resources only to find his 2k never taken due to the greed of the such alliance/s mentioned who attempt to restrict the trading of gold to their own players.

With the new system average joe has an EQUAL chance of getting some gold for his resources as Missy and her cohorts, which off course players like Missy will cry and stamp their feet because they can no longer get things all their own way.

----------------------------------------------
receive 1,000 extra resources with
every purchase

everytime you spend your gold
your name will go in for a weekly draw
for 10k resources of your choice
--------------------------------------------------

I kinda gave up on this game because of the "closed shop" arrangement that these type of alliances or individuals have increasingly polluted the gold trade facility with in new worlds, however I will now happily join another world, so one more returning customer for Grepolis and i'm sure many more will do likewise.

Well done Innogames, standing up for the Average Joe :)
Ok. I get there is some hate for the 10k res for 50 gold golders.

But here you seem to be saying you're making more than you were when the old system was up? Really?
smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif

I made plenty with the old system without even doing the 4k/10k thing. In fact I'm pretty sure I made more than most players that do because they run out of res quicker than they can fill their markets up.

Like I said, I made 0 contact with anyone and barely kept markets full when en114 was 1/2 weeks in.

I'll admit my city was named '3 wood spells = 50 gold' RIGHT at the start of the world, but actually no one ever took me up on the offer and I just forgot about it.

In fact - during the most busy periods with the old system, I sometimes had 1500 res bought for 50 gold at some points (market being 3 mod 4). 4/10k deals probably are good 1 month in or so, but by then I think you'd have made enough/the next world would be out so you could move on.

DeletedUser50620

Im sure you've never bought 200 gold for advisors when you ran out of gold, course not :)
And I honestly dont care what you think of me, you give your opinion on this new system and I critize that opinion nothing wrong with that no? No trolling going on at all.
I used to pay for my advisors, but then I did not call myself f2p. I no longer have the finances to do that. I have not bought gold for a couple of years, so consider myself f2p. You are a troll. You consistently make claims that are then found out to be untrue (we all have work/school; I am trading on 3 oceans in 2 servers; I am f2p but buy gold when I run out), and bury it under more trolling. You make wild assumptions about others activity rather than give them the benefit of doubt. You have no evidence to support your accusations- trolling!