Gold Exchange Feedback Thread

12000 * ~1.5 = ~18000

last I checked. Was that other 9k used to gold up those 250 CS?

smiley_emoticons_confusednew.gif
I've used a fair bit on the event I must admit. Oh and those "250" cs (actually 270 but w/e) are all CS's I sniped :)

DeletedUser55701

I'm a F2P player and I think this new system has made matters worse for all the casual players out there who PLAY this game and not LIVE inside of it.

I played, left and came back an year ago for the en107 Heliopolis. I was not really aware of all the Gold-trading and deal-making shenanigans but I felt like making gold was not hard of a job.

I made upto 25k gold only on en107, thanks to the old trading system. I was not making any deals or texting anyone to buy my offers. There was this guy named Ares who was my main source of gold and he traded fair and square (2k for 50) with all the team mates. Yes, It does sound stupid to buy res from a team mate who should be giving it to him for free. It was less about trading and more about giving the newbies and F2P players a fighting chance against the world which was filled with gold whores and deal makers. There are still plenty of players like him who, after accumulating tons of gold via trading in other servers casually offers it to team mates so they can enjoy the benefits atleast for a brief period.

Moving on from that server, I made decent amount of gold with the standard rates in successive servers during the first two days. Beyond that, all the buyers are already hooked up with the best dealers. There actually is nothing to complain about. It was the buyer's money and he deserves to get as much resources as he can for it. My only intention in those servers was making gold and all i did was click a few more times and BAM! I got what I wanted, Insome cases, I didnt event had to farm every 10 mins, I log-in once a day, Make an offer and send my resources(which is running red) to another guy, get some gold, move on. I could log-off and forget about that server and play the one that I'm actually interested in. Is that possible with the new system? NO

Now, I have to always keep an eye on the GOLD EXCHANGE and swoop in with my resources as soon as I can when a window opens up. Can everyone(including the average JOE) do this and make gold? I dont think so. Most Average Joes wont even have time to farm on a regular basis let alone refresh the Market 'n' number of times to make gold.

Am I whining because I didnt make any gold with the new system? NO. I made a total of 40k gold from en 107 to en 115 with the old system and 3k gold in the past 24 hrs with the new system.

The old system was unfair but there was always a way to work around it. The New system is blatantly absurd about bringing in the fairer environment. When people are forced to keep refreshing a single page for hours with a hope to somehow sell their resources and make gold and still come out disappointed, It's gonna affect their mental state and drive them away from this game.

Shuri2060

Strategos
Man it's way too easy to buy instead of sell. Identical except tab name, and default is buy.

I'm sure a lot are making this mistake at first too when they try to act fast

DeletedUser41523

I don’t get the hate for the deals. Anyone can make them. Hell I had one with players I don’t even know.

And for me it’s pretty common sense. 1-2 speed, you don’t really need to make a deal. Resources are in high demand and low supply. You’ll make a few thousand easily even if you land in a poor location.

3+ you also don’t need to make a deal. But resources are in high supply with the same demand. So it’s more beneficial to offer 4k res for 50 gold and it takes less time to recoup the resources via farming than it would normally recouping a 2k for 50g trade anyways.

You can also farm the inactives, other traders, or newer players and use the BP to found more trading towns. Which keeps your supply high.

DeletedUser55069

Man it's way too easy to buy instead of sell. Identical except tab name, and default is buy.

I'm sure a lot are making this mistake at first too when they try to act fast

this is the default:
upload_2019-4-13_20-34-17.png

players who made this mistake had to click on yes to buy (multiple times or they don't read notifications that they disable...)

for fast clickers it is possible to re-enable this notification in settings > confirmation prompts

DeletedUser41523

I just accidentally bought res from mobile when I was trying to sell. Lmao.

Edit: Did it twice. Apparently it default takes me back to buying on mobile. Didn’t lose much. But this system is cancer.

Shuri2060

Strategos
this is the default:
View attachment 13177

players who made this mistake had to click on yes to buy (multiple times or they don't read notifications that they disable...)

for fast clickers it is possible to re-enable this notification in settings > confirmation prompts
Yes and when I click as fast as possible I don't really read things. Its just YES YES YES.

I'm slowly adapting and learning to click the right things finally. And also hating this system
smiley_emoticons_fluch4_GREEN.gif

--------------------------

On a side note, I've talked to some friends in en115 and tested what collaboration would be like.

And people telling you WHEN they buy makes life WAYYYY easier. No more sniping without expecting anything - you just need to do it for like 1 minute and boom there's your gold.

So yeah this has made things worse than before.

Revert. Please. I ask again.

DeletedUser41523

I feel like Inno is the one gaming company where it’s new content is worse than its old content. Soon as 113 ends, I’m going back to my Xbox.

DeletedUser55069

I just accidentally bought res from mobile when I was trying to sell. Lmao.

Edit: Did it twice. Apparently it default takes me back to buying on mobile. Didn’t lose much. But this system is cancer.

on mobile only the buy button is available if stock is full and you cannot sell... also there is this confirmation msg
Screenshot_20190413_204740_air.com.innogames.grepolis.jpg

DeletedUser41523

Yeah I (and anyone else probably) disable those as you won’t get any trades in with them on. You’re lucky if you get them without those on.

Face it this system is trash comparatively. I’m basically doing more work to earn the minimum amounts of gold id make on a bad day.

Shuri2060

Strategos
I'll also point another possible abuse of this system -

Normally trade TTs from one end of the ocean to the other are over 20 minutes, maybe 1 hr (in one of my worlds).

If you trade snipe yourself, now you've made that TT just 20 mins (at the cost of a little gold which is the taxation rate).

Come WWs... that might be very handy.

DeletedUser55069

In theory a world has 99 oceans, each ocean starts with 20K-20K-20K empty stock (?) - Inno pumps free gold in the system (??), 1500 gold per ocean (???). These are the important questions and what the casual players should work on. There are losers and winners of every change, but how much free gold have we got in Gold trade?
I'm not even a little sorry for those F2P players who logged in once a day on a server to put up offers and got gold for their sole existence. Actually I'm glad that goldtraders have to finally build real cities and will be forced to become more active. The resources costs keep increasing so those goldtraders who want to stay in the game not only have to build market, but their city too in order to send CSs and control more oceans, more markets.
Maybe there is some chance that players can buy reasonable amount of resources at later stages of the game and gold exchange won't be so limited to the beginning of servers like gold trade was. It is hard to adjust to such a big change, but don't just bury it before learning it.

Shuri2060

Strategos
In theory a world has 99 oceans, each ocean starts with 20K-20K-20K empty stock (?) - Inno pumps free gold in the system (??), 1500 gold per ocean (???). These are the important questions and what the casual players should work on. There are losers and winners of every change, but how much free gold have we got in Gold trade?
I'm not even a little sorry for those F2P players who logged in once a day on a server to put up offers and got gold for their sole existence. Actually I'm glad that goldtraders have to finally build real cities and will be forced to become more active. The resources costs keep increasing so those goldtraders who want to stay in the game not only have to build market, but their city too in order to send CSs and control more oceans, more markets.
Maybe there is some chance that players can buy reasonable amount of resources at later stages of the game and gold exchange won't be so limited to the beginning of servers like gold trade was. It is hard to adjust to such a big change, but don't just bury it before learning it.
I have never seen an empty stock before

Have you confirmed one? I just assumed they started off filled with resources (and make more gold that way)

you need to delete yourself

How much inno is paying you? 10k gold per positive post?

DeletedUser55069

I have never seen an empty stock before

Have you confirmed one? I just assumed they started off filled with resources (and make more gold that way)

I was online on Beta when it started and was able to sell until the stock filled to 20K then nothing /not sure if it started empty or half empty but I doubt I could sell because anyone bought ressies.../. I wasn't checking when it started on live worlds hence the '???' form.

@pawcio the magnificent I like this change more and more...

Shuri2060

Strategos
I was online on Beta when it started and was able to sell until the stock filled to 20K then nothing /not sure if it started empty or half empty but I doubt I could sell because anyone bought ressies.../. I wasn't checking when it started on live worlds hence the '???' form.

@pawcio the magnificent I like this change more and more...

Ok interesting...

Well I've FINALLY had some success today (a matter of checking at the right times), but still I cannot see the appeal. (I also suspect half of what I got was from 'someone' who I know was testing it for the 1st time misclicking buy instead hahaha)

I'll be quite honest - if this system can make me 3x the amount of gold I was making before, I'd still pick the old system. No one wants to spend extra time into this system, surely. Why the hassle - it singles out players who can't click as quickly/don't have time for it.

The system as it is now needs to be changed to solve this issue, but even then there are the exploits, etc, mentioned.

I'd be interested in seeing something that make traders put a little more effort into building cities up, though - I can agree with that. Before, Morale discouraged golders from growing quickly. They could either go for multiple cities to have a better reach, or just stick with 1 small city.

Last edited:

DeletedUser41523

I'd honestly pick the old system as well. Its more work for not that much more gold. The only reason that this isn't full on dead content is because it was forced on us. This wasn't even a necessary update. There's so many other issues in the game that could have been addressed. They wasted their time on this one. And unfortunately, they're wasting all of ours too.