Rejected Gold mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

PROPOSAL:
I think it would be neat if for a certain price you could by a gold mine that would make gold every hour. For example, for $2 you could purchase a gold mine that would make 1 gold per hour. I don't think that this would be optimum price for that production, I am just giving examples. I don't see too many free places in my village where it could go, but maybe in the woods to the right of the timber camp.
Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I am not sure what those are, but the only thing I have found similar to this is a page about free gold, but this would not be free.
REASON:
I think it would be nice if there were yet another way to get gold.
VISUAL AIDS:
I can't provide you with any pictures because I would not make it look real, but just imagine several shafts going into the hill to the right of the timber camp.
BALANCE:
I think that it would decrease the sales of gold, so it would have to take a few months to pay itself off.
ABUSE PREVENTION:
I do not think this leaves room for abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20429

Oh correction you do have format just not in paragraphs :) Also like the idea of a gold mine.

DeletedUser

I calculated that in six months, a gold mine that produces 1 per hour would make about 4600 gold, about 45 dollars worth. So an optimum price for this gold mine would be $45. I think it would be hard to strike a happy balance between players who think $45 is a lot and Innogames which needs the money.

DeletedUser20429

Which is where our opinions come in. If we make a big mess or in other words a protest they MIGHT do it. Would be fun though!

DeletedUser20429

aww come on he wouldn't infract me for that would he? Better check :p Nope no infraction. But a protest might be what inno needs to pull it's socks up (If you get my meaning)

DeletedUser20429

See Phoenix won't infract me as a protest is not a break in the rules! However he could infract me if he wished.

DeletedUser

Dude we are trying to get an idea which will make getting premium free because there are a lot of people who can't pay (Don't have credit cards) and can't use the sponser pay offer. So I would say NO to this one.

DeletedUser24356

I think a gold mine would be a great idea. I think it should be slow like 1 gold an hour at lv10 so the game can still earn something:)

DeletedUser

Dude we are trying to get an idea which will make getting premium free because there are a lot of people who can't pay (Don't have credit cards) and can't use the sponser pay offer. So I would say NO to this one.

I think instead of having a price for gold mine
we can have a price that those who don't have much can afford too
like 100 CP or something like that

DeletedUser

There is always a disadvantage to an idea that trades resources or culture points, or something of that sort, for something rare and exclusive.
It's that the bigger players can exploit them considering that they have more warehouse space, more cities and on and on.
I suggest that these advantages be given in proportion to the size of the player- his points, battle points and such.
So taking the above as an example, maybe 1 C.P for running the mine at culture level 1 and 3 C.P for culture level 2 and so forth.

DeletedUser6378

myself i always play without gold as i don't want to but it. With something like this though i could see me buying a gold mine to produce gold for me. So in the long run it might would cost them money on sales to people that buy a lot of gold, but at the same time could also boost gold sales. This is worth considering. The gold mine would have to only be available on the server it is bought on though. So if your playing multiple servers you would have to buy it for each server.

Instead of actually trying to add a gold mine to the city make it a premium feature like the administrator. If it was part of the city wouldn't somebody else get it if they conquered the city.

DeletedUser

I think it would be good thing.
But slow gold production...
In any case, each city could build one and with each upgrade you'd need to pay $1 more..
It would, however, also mean painting a big fat bullseye on ur neck...
In any case...once people start using gold top enhance their building, then it would also be possible to have
gold 'rushes', powerful players all wanting to take possession of the gold mine..
Once gold get's into common use, it would also be possible to have extensive rebuilding cycles at really high speed,
such as walls..
They should also cost resources for each upgrade..
And losing money wouldn't be much of a problem cause people would be paying to build bigger gold mines..
Maybe with a little finessing it could be done..
Leaving room for premium which can't be payed for with gold mines..for starters..
Premium would still be cash only, but in game sped up building and recruiting would be done more quickly..

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.