Rejected Gold mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

As tantalizing as this idea may sound to many people, at the end of the day; depending on how much you spend for a given period of time, and for how much gold you receive in turn will ultimately just end up with a tug-of-war between a majority 'Yes' vote here, and Innogames turning a profit. If it's in the former category, the idea will not be implemented by the developers, but if the latter were the case, most people would not be happy with it. What I have just said cuts a long story short and using some amount of mathematics, but this is a bit too obvious.

Plus this doesn't really solve where people who do not have credit/debit cards or access to filling out endless surveys can get their money to pay for this alternative scheme, it seems to be based on circular logic. I much prefer the other idea suggested already that Innogames puts up another 'earn your gold freely' section where you can play minigames for gold while being subjected to advertisements, that to me is probably the best compromise.

DeletedUser

I might of said this was stupid at some earlier point but I have a question

What if you buy the gold mine and it gets conquered. You dont have it any more someone else does. Think of that lol

DeletedUser

Hmm, good point. I think this idea is (it will not let me write c.r.a.p lol) to be blunt. I also would prefer the mini games idea, it is a win-win situation for everyone.

DeletedUser

bad thing is that Phoenix wont give the idea to the developers cause he said "Gold ideas have to wait till the developers start searching"

DeletedUser

I like the idea of having a gold mine, but would impliment it like this:
* To the right of Timber Mill (on the side of the hill) is shining gold sticking out of the hill).
* In Senate, an arrow from Academy & Temple lead to "Gold Mine" which is between Light House & Tower.
* A Gold Mine can be upgraded from Level 0 to Level 25 via the Senate (this only creates the structure of the Gold Mine).
* When the user clicks on the Gold Mine, there is two screens, being "Details" and "Miners".
* In Details the user can "Hire" up to 25 gold miners (one per level) for 30 days each. A single miner would cost 30 gold and produce 1 gold each day.
* When the user hires multiple number of miners at the one time the gold cost per miner decreases (eg: 500 gold for 25 miners).
* When a mine has multiple number of miners at the one time the gold rate per miner increases (eg: 40 gold for 25 miners each day).

DeletedUser

Gold has no real world value, what it does is have game value. What Grepolis team would want is an increase in the amount of money that is spent in this game. A gold mine is a novelity that some players would like to spend gold on. It would cost the user 500 gold to get back 1200 gold. The user would be risking loosing their city and a lot of users start a world and quit within two months of the world starting.
To Grepolis they would focus on the 500 gold that is spent and not the gold that the player gets instead.

MODIFICATION TO MY IDEA:
Users goes to Premium - BUY and there is two options: GOLD and GRANTS.
User selects Grants and purchases grants at 25 grants ($7.50), 50 grants ($14), 150 grants ($40) and 250 grants ($50).
User then goes to Gold Mine and gives Gold Miners grants to mine for gold (1 grant per Miner).

THUS: If a player had 100 cities and wanted a Level 25 gold mine in each with gold miners in each, it would cost the player 2,500 grants per month (or $500). Do you think that Grepolis would complain about that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.