Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think something should be change, but not exactly how you said it

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser54849

If you look at the game nowadays, everything is GOLD.This is no longer a game of skill, this is a game for the rich(to win).Not always do the ones that spend the most gold win, but let's take the recent Easter Event.In this, people who spend gold can basically get a limitless supply of tokens, and the event lasts 18 DAYS.Especially for those who have a ton of cities, this means you can keep your inventory full of tokens for it while also putting all flier nuke cities with tokens.It is overpowered.And then of course, thats not its only reach.It also reaches into finishing buildings, troops, etc.This can be OP in its own right.If you can keep a continuous stream of supplies coming in, which isn't hard because if you spend heavy money for gold then you can easily just buy all the gold trades on the market while also keeping supplies coming into your city from your other cities.Hence, in less than an hour(for revolt), you could rebuild a wall that was just completely destroy back to level 25.In Conquest, it would be more used towards units,not much on walls since they are wasteful in conquest.

Anyways, to conclude this, my thinking is this.I think that gold should not be able to be used for anything but Administrators.This is because Administrators, even if you have all of them, cannot just guide you to victory.They are a tool that can help speed your growth and such, but its not a guaranteed victory.And also, if you combined a skilled player along with a huge supply of money to buy gold, thats basically insta-game over lol.And then, if you add that with someone who for some reason can be on basically 24/7, thats triple-insta-game over lol.I can name a few people like this but to stay non-world based I will refrain from it. xD

ANyways,(to actually wrap it up this time lol) if you agree with me, let's get this to be seen by Inno so perhaps this can be worked on.

(THis is my first time using these forums lol, I read the rules and I am quite sure this works but not sure if this is the best area to get it to reach Inno since I am still learning to navigate the platform.If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it).

THX!

DeletedUser18853

I too agree, events like this do make Inno a fat amount of money, but it also makes the people that enjoy playing the game quit, many people quit over this event period as the enemies that do spend all the gold have flyer nuke after flyer nuke, you get excited that you just killed a full manti nuke and bamn, 8 hours later there is a fully equipped manti nuke from the same city attacking you..
Tilts the game way too much in the favour of the gold spenders.
Just need a limit to spending on a gold event. So everyone stand a chance.

DeletedUser54849

Agreed, and the balance of strength for it is messed up.If you want to be able to get enough dlu to defend it, you would have to spend even more points than someone getting flier nukes which means more gold has to be spent.And So in the end, its just not a good system in that regard.I have seen a ton of people ghost or leave because they just get overwhelmed.

I understand that Inno, you want to make some money, who doesn't xD
But make this game a game that we fight on skill, return this game to its former set of players.Nowadays, its the rich and the simmers.Thats another issue for another time LOL

DeletedUser5061

Nothing wrong with gold whoring, let them build up their cities for us to take. No amount of gold is enough to compete with the advantages one gets from being in an elite alliance. If you want to level the playing field and be part of an elite alliance look in the premades section ;), if you want to be "the best player ever in grepolis", be "number one in points" so you can impress the nerdy girls so they can flash you on the skype, I can't really help you that coz those girls are only impressed by gold whores and that my friend is paradoxical.

DeletedUser54849

Elite alliances are most definitely powerful and effective, but they are not undefeatable.And no interest in that xD.
Anyways, of course, golders are not undefeatable, even alliances filled with them who spend like 1 million dollars each lol, they can be defeated with strategy of course.