Gold Trading Discussion and Feedback Thread

DeletedUser20948

70dh4x.jpg

Richard

Strategos
Hi guys,

At no point have either myself or Baudin implied that the feedback in this thread would lead to the feature not being implemented. In fact, I very plainly stated on numerous occasions that the intention of this thread was to gather feedback for rebalancing and abuse prevention, amongst other things. Contrary to what a lot of you guys seem to think, Baudin and I do read these threads, and we do feed back what is said, and the developers do listen.

However, the fact that people say no to a feature does not inherently mean it won't be implemented. Innogames are a company, and it is within their remit to develop new features as they see fit. I honestly think it is laudable that the developers are looking to their players for feedback and changes on upcoming features, rather than implementing them without doing so. Then again, that is merely my opinion, and each of you are entitled to your own.

Thanks again,

Richard

DeletedUser25746

Hi guys,

At no point have either myself or Baudin implied that the feedback in this thread would lead to the feature not being implemented. In fact, I very plainly stated on numerous occasions that the intention of this thread was to gather feedback for rebalancing and abuse prevention, amongst other things. Contrary to what a lot of you guys seem to think, Baudin and I do read these threads, and we do feed back what is said, and the developers do listen.

However, the fact that people say no to a feature does not inherently mean it won't be implemented. Innogames are a company, and it is within their remit to develop new features as they see fit. I honestly think it is laudable that the developers are looking to their players for feedback and changes on upcoming features, rather than implementing them without doing so. Then again, that is merely my opinion, and each of you are entitled to your own.

Thanks again,

Richard

Come on Richard. Praising a company for asking its customers opinions is like praising a parent for paying child support. As I have not heard of any real changes being made to the feature(not playing beta) I am assuming most of the real concerns brought up were ignored.

If this is implemented as is game play will be horribly alterted. So many players will do the smart thing of joining every world they can to farm gold for their primary world.

I understand developers have put time into this and hope it can increase revenue. I just hope they really put time into relizing how many aspects this will change. They have been getting better about doing this with hero implementation being a great example. I just hope they hear they true concerns about this feature and work to correct some not just bug chase on the beta.

DeletedUser30490

well technically Richard the community feedback is that they dont want it

DeletedUser23986

It is rather insulting to ask for player's opinions, and when they are vehemently opposed, to simply say, that they have the rights to make those changes.

Make it a world setting atleast...

DeletedUser22708

Grepolis celebrating their 5th birthday and also their last birthday if they're keeping this up haha.
I've had my fun though, thanks to innogames for that, but i believe things like gold trading will have a snowball effect on the amount of people leaving the game.

DeletedUser11165

Allowing players to trade gold is perhaps a good thing; many of us would be willing to gift gold to alliance mates but to do so for resources I tend to believe will go too far towards the "pay to win" style of other games and upset what I believe is a good balance between free and paid players currently.

Trading gold for god favour might not be quite as bad, or just straight out allow players to gift gold. I am a gold user I guess a pretty decent one given what I spend each month and even I see no real way to limit the harm this could cause except by limiting the number of trades that can be done each day which would defeat the object for Inno of increasing gold spending.

I stand by my original premise do more "events" like the thracian conquest if you need to increase gold spending, hell reduce the prevalence of paid bots by adding another advisor and remove the obnoxious tedium of farming.

As for gold trading if it is purely about allowing more free players to experience advisor benefits and such then just limit the amount trades per day so the system is not abused or just allow us to gift gold.

DeletedUser30636

Hi guys,

Thanks again,

Richard

whats the point of feedback then? if i own a company and i ask for customer feedback, im gonna use it. lets use Microsoft for example, when they announced the Xbox one, PlayStation already won the console war. the only thing that saved the Xbox was Microsoft listening to the complaints of their customers and changing pretty much everything that everyone hated. Inno needs to do the same, listen to your consumer or you guys will be in trouble in the future.

DeletedUser

gold,,

whats the point of feedback then? if i own a company and i ask for customer feedback, im gonna use it. lets use Microsoft for example, when they announced the Xbox one, PlayStation already won the console war. the only thing that saved the Xbox was Microsoft listening to the complaints of their customers and changing pretty much everything that everyone hated. Inno needs to do the same, listen to your consumer or you guys will be in trouble in the future.

probably not doing this correctly as I have never posted in here before,,if you want to level the playing field how about a world with no gold so everyone is equal,,of course this won't happen as there will be no way inni will make money on this,,wishful thinking,,

DeletedUser43011

The point is, the question was never, should we implement, but rather, how should it work.

If there is no way back from this then clearly there is nothing players can do so to that end, why not make Gold cheaper to allow a broader customer basis therefore trying to create a better balance ?

Richard

Strategos
If there is no way back from this then clearly there is nothing players can do so to that end, why not make Gold cheaper to allow a broader customer basis therefore trying to create a better balance ?
This wouldn't overly help. Those who can't afford to buy gold still wouldn't, and those who can, would get more for their money. Surely this would widen the gap significantly, not give people a better chance?

DeletedUser43011

This wouldn't overly help. Those who can't afford to buy gold still wouldn't, and those who can, would get more for their money. Surely this would widen the gap significantly, not give people a better chance?

That was a thought when I posted my original comment, its so hard to find a happy medium

DeletedUser22940

Richard, just wanted to say thank you for following up to my question - it is greatly appreciated.
I have already put my comments earlier on in the thread, I hope that you will consider them prior to implementing.

~Saint out

DeletedUser44167

I dont think gold trading will work
Someone mentioned security issues
Inno will be buried by emails claiming they didnt get their gold
Will become a bigger headache than its worth

But if they going implement it
----------------------------------------------------------

Amount of gold available for trading could work like favor
Have a maximum limit that you could have (200-500)
And once used would take time to replenish

So even a heavy gold user could not abuse the system
and use gold to acquire hundreds of thousands of resources every day

He might buy lots resources in one day
But be week or more before could repeat

If I wanted to get complicated :)
I would require a special building
"Merchant Shop"
to be built as that be only place you could place gold trades

players selling resources to acquire gold would not need this building

Set the amount of gold available for trading
replenish rate per day at the square root of all market places

10 citys at lvl 30 market would be 17.3 per day
20 citys at lvl 30 market would be 24.5 per day
30 citys at lvl 30 market would be 30.0 per day

DeletedUser

I am not a gold user and all of the other non-gold users will just be left in the dust...I don't think that they should make this feature, than...I will want to quit.

DeletedUser32748

Personally now after seeing all this back and forth feedback from Players and the Admin. team.
We can say a couple of things that can meet everybody half way without making anybody mad.
Implement the feature as an option. If you do not like it then do not participate in the feature itself. This game is a strategy game that means you build and accommodate your strategy and the features according to what you see fit for your style of play. Remember Gold users when they are looking for resources can also get help from their fellow team members in exchanging resources most teams are made up of a group of players and not one player. This is a team game and not an individual game. SO at the end you are free as a player that has control on this actions to chose to participate or not but do not enforce your opinion and likes and dislikes on the other players or the game developers. play your game according to your needs and the way you see it fit you. As you know this is a free world so eat what you wish and live your life the way you want to live it and not the way others want you to live it.
I hope this ends any negative argument at the time being try the feature and then give your feedback. At least then you can truely come and say well I tried it and I have a couple of suggestions and do not give an opinion about what you think could happen and you have still to know all the aspects and rules and terms and conditions behind the feature itself.
Thank you.

DeletedUser38224

This game is going to be soooooooooooooooooo dead after this goes live :p