Gold Trading Discussion and Feedback Thread

DeletedUser33530

if gold trading gets implemented than gold users would now rule the game as they can make everything as fast as they want and not be limited by their resources, which up until now restricted them as they couldn't buy resources.

DeletedUser27128

I know. I don't want it to be implemented. But I assume that it is going to get implemented anyway, regardless of what we think. Which is why I put that suggestion

DeletedUser27128

I think that most of us (gold and non-gold users) agree that this will ruin the game. Soon there will just be a bunch of rich guys paying massive amounts of gold for resources, but no one will be there to take it, and eventually, everyone will quit

DeletedUser33512

This idea is awful. But as with all awful ideas I doubt all logical reasons against will stop it being implemented.

DeletedUser33530

Some great points were made here that everyone seem to have ignored at first. As gold trading will definitely be put in maybe we should change it to just gold gifting like is suggested down below.
Allowing players to trade gold is perhaps a good thing; many of us would be willing to gift gold to alliance mates but to do so for resources I tend to believe will go too far towards the "pay to win" style of other games and upset what I believe is a good balance between free and paid players currently.

Trading gold for god favour might not be quite as bad, or just straight out allow players to gift gold. I am a gold user I guess a pretty decent one given what I spend each month and even I see no real way to limit the harm this could cause except by limiting the number of trades that can be done each day which would defeat the object for Inno of increasing gold spending.

I stand by my original premise do more "events" like the thracian conquest if you need to increase gold spending, hell reduce the prevalence of paid bots by adding another advisor and remove the obnoxious tedium of farming.

As for gold trading if it is purely about allowing more free players to experience advisor benefits and such then just limit the amount trades per day so the system is not abused or just allow us to gift gold.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38224

I think this will definitely affect the game a bit; However, I think that like most other major changes people on the forum are way exaggerating the effect it will have.

i really doubt it's going to have too big of an impact on the game, especially with the types of players who attack people who use gold more than normal players. Use of this feature will likely be condescended upon so much that most players probably won't even use it :p

DeletedUser

I think it won't ruin the game but it will change the dynamics. it will now be possible to build massive cities before the end of bp and it will also be possible to build a nuke much faster.

DeletedUser

I have been playing this game on and off since Gamma, one of the things that originally drew me to the game was that anyone could play and succeed, The game was not determined by how much gold you were willing to spend. In a perfect world EVERYONE would be willing and able to "PAY for PLAY" but that is just not the way the world works. A large portion of this market cannot/WILL not pay for online gaming.

A game of this type requires a large number of active players in order to keep worlds active and vital, both Premium and non premiums players are required to populate worlds. The ever increasing advantages available for 'purchase' through the use of Gold has tipped the balance of the game. It has become too difficult for the average non-premium player to compete that most of these players will leave and never return after a week or two of play, because they realise that they cannot hope to keep up with Paying players.

Innogames invites non-paying players to play, (in fact they take a great deal of pride in "Free to Play", but the reality is, Free Play is so crippled by the advantages currently available to Premium players, that Grepolis is no different than dozens of other games out there who invite Players to play a limited game for free.

Please do not misunderstand me, I appreciate the need of Innogames to make money. It is a business. (I support Pay to Play and purchase as much gold as I can to that end) But at some point the game will stop being a game. (Some will probably argue that this has already come to pass) It is becoming a race to finish, rather than a game of strategy/war it is a race and the winner is determined by who bought the most gold.

DeletedUser11165

In reply to RavynHarte above; I actually believe the balance in the game is still very good compared to other similar games which is why this change concerns me. Increasing gold spending is a fair need as the game is a business but I tend to believe there are better ways to go about it than this but I also believe giving non premium players another way to gain/earn gold would be of use.

Currently a non premium player can still be a vital cog in the wheel of an any successful alliance and that is one of the most important aspects that a player feels useful and feels able to join in the success of their of alliance. My biggest gripe currently is I firmly believe the current farming model for premium should be extended to all players and a 1 button system implemented for premium to end the utter tedium of farming as many are kidding themselves if they do not admit to the mass prevalence of certain paid farm bots. Note paid for bots thus these are taking $10 - $30 a month away from Innogames.

To restate my original point make this into simply gifting gold or if this must go live limit the number of trades able to be done per day.

On a side note I see alot of people worried about early game but early in a world the amount of resources free to be sold is limited so I don't see this being a huge factor over what reducing build times already is but limiting the number of trades per day or not implementing this until a world is out of beginner protection makes sense

DeletedUser25820

1. From Wiki: By the end of 2012, InnoGames reached 100 million registered players and generated about 50 million Euro in revenue. Enough said there I think except - how money hungry are you as a company?

2. When are you going to release a server that prohibits any gold purchasing? You know, just plain old fashioned skill to win, rather than consistently allowing players to unlevel the playing field?

DeletedUser25820

Inno wont make a world without gold

With an annual income of 50m Euro, and the prospect of this rising, WHY NOT? They won't consider releasing some non-gold servers? A breathtaking example of a company screwing every last penny out of loyal customers. Isn't there a world wide recession going on? Do Inno even bother about considering their customers' views?

Brings me back to my point #1: How money hungry are Inno as a company?

DeletedUser32748

Answer the following PLEASE:

1- Where will Inno pay salaries from?
2- Where will Inno buy Servers and hardware from?
3- Where will Inno upgrade the game features if they do not hire the best innovators to keep players like you and me from getting bored using the same old game with no new features that keep us from coming back and playing the game?
4- Where will Inno pay their rent and over heads so you are talking about 50Million Euros. Nothing major compared to Apple, Google, MSN, Samsung, and Alibaba.

Stop being tough on the guys.

Hate the feature then do not participate in using it. Please get a life and get off welfare. Look for a job better.

DeletedUser30490

hahaha you're funny :D

apple? google? what do you think this is? this is grepo so obviously they dont make much as that.The only reason you would like this is because you spend a hell of a lot of gold surely and this would make it easier for you to get resources.
do some research before you speak,

inno has only a team of 350 people,sure they spend money on servers etc but not as much as they actually make by the amount of gold players spend on a world.to be honest inno just wants more money than actually listening to what the players really want done.

WW revamp etc,forget gold trading where's WW revamp?

DeletedUser23986

3- Where will Inno upgrade the game features if they do not hire the best innovators to keep players like you and me from getting bored using the same old game with no new features that keep us from coming back and playing the game?
4- Where will Inno pay their rent and over heads so you are talking about 50Million Euros. Nothing major compared to Apple, Google, MSN, Samsung, and Alibaba.

Hate the feature then do not participate in using it. Please get a life and get off welfare. Look for a job better.
Some people actually prefer the game to be left as is.

And they are not so great. They haven't fixed bugs which had been reported almost 2 years ago. Why? Because changing the display made it very difficult. Why do they need such developers after all.

DeletedUser31385

Very true, They can fix them but they just dont want to change anything temporarily.

DeletedUser25820

This is mostly garbage. Comparing Inno to Google is your first mistake. I can't be bothered highlighting the rest of them.

Why do you assume that I am bored with the "same old game"? This "same old game" was what attracted me, and many others, to play in the first place. Grepolis is slowly morphing into something which is geared increasingly towards big spending gold players, yet advertises as a free browser game?

Welfare..I wish :)

Bet you a dollar you'd be over here in a flash to sponge off our system if you could, like the many thousands who already do. Not my fault your country has a third world welfare system compared to a proper country ;)