Gold Trading Discussion and Feedback Thread

DeletedUser22650

Afternoon guys,

Just to clarify, this thread is being read, and the feedback will be shared with the developers. That being said, we would really love some constructive feedback for the feature.

Why not sign up to Beta and give it a try. Spend some time with it, earn some gold. Once you've experienced it, come back and make use of that experience to let us know what you think of the feature, and how we can improve it. This thread is supposed to be utilised to gain a stronger understanding of what about the feature works, and what doesn't. The feature is not in its finished form, and we wanted to share the feature with you, to enable you all to shape the feature. We fully intend to make the feature better than its current form, but we can't do that without your assistance, guys.

So please, whilst I appreciate not everyone is excited about this feature, lets try and get some really solid constructive feedback for the developers. I'd love for our community to be at the front of shaping this project for the entirety of the Grepolis Community.

Thanks
Richard and Team
nothing about it will or can work, buying res for cash is the fundamental change from pay to play that we have now (you can get rimmed for free but not really play as it stands now) to pay to win ie you buy your city, resources, troops and at the end you buy your ww to win, thats lord of ultima not grepo

DeletedUser22650

and bt i agree with smilodon fully, you guys were players first, what do you really think of this? if you didnt have to stick to the cut and paste inno replys that we allways get fobbed off with what would your opinions as standard players be?

DeletedUser19042

Yea well, I'm terribly sorry to destroy your little dream. But on Tribalwars, the week before implementing it, there were 25 pages of negative feedback. And perhaps only 1 positive post. And yet they implemented it.

Might be that they actually read these, but do they care?

This is just an other feature that will ruin the game. 'Nuff said I guess.
The only good thing is that, once again on TW, they implemented it without a ratio limit. So massive gold absers joined game and just bought all they could get, and others just sell all they have. Massive gold whores rised who had a profit of 5k gold per day. Few weeks later they happily set a limit to that. So prices are limited. And that's the only good thing, at least there's a limit. But still not a good feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
and bt i agree with smilodon fully, you guys were players first, what do you really think of this? if you didnt have to stick to the cut and paste inno replys that we allways get fobbed off with what would your opinions as standard players be?

Honestly I couldn't say. I make a point of never judging something till I've tried it out. I thought wearing footie pajamas as an adult was silly but they are just so toasty warm. If I was wrong in my snap judgement of them then I could be wrong in judging others things early too. So I'm gonna wait and try out this new feature on the Beta server before I go one way or the other in regards to liking it or disliking it.

Thane Badger

Phrourach
Initially this idea sucks but there could be some balance to it.

Young people who play the game can be dreadfully handicapped by not having any gold. Just getting enough gold to pay for the premium features could make all the difference to a kid of 13 or 14. I've known some really dedicated kids who can't ever develop their game at an optimal rate because they lack the boost that premium brings.

There is a direct value of resources to gold in the game 15,000 wood 18,000 stone 15,000 silver will buy you 1 culture point. So will 50 gold. That's the current exchange rate. If a player without gold can buy 100 gold and then use it to get 30% extra resources for 14 days then there will be a point where he is making a profit from the transaction.

There would have to be limits to this and for it to help the game there would have to be a balance between the advantage to the gold buyer and the resource supplier. Severely limiting the amount of gold that could be traded each day to both the buyer and seller is the most obvious way. Limiting trade to your own alliance would be another one. That could result in more alliances willing to "adopt" smaller/younger players into their team and feeding them the gold they need for the premium features. That way so many young players won't be bullied out of the game by obsessive middle aged men with more credit cards than sense.

Thane Badger

Phrourach
Limiting gold trade to inter-alliance transactions would cut out the problem of "Gold farmers" who just join worlds to sell resources to other players.

Traded gold could possibly be restricted to use in the world it was traded in too. Like a world specific currency. eg: Alpha gold.

At the moment if you have a big buying, gold splurging, player in your alliance, he can build a horse and catapult nuke every half an hour by his alliance GIVING him the resources. A prime example of this was Jeff Lebowski in Kos. It's boring to have someone like that on the map, but it's already happening. I wouldn't like to see him buying resources from other teams but him spreading his seemingly limitless gold around his own alliance might have actually slowed down his manic attacks.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Wow, this is honestly the most disappointing display I've ever had the misfortune to see by the mods and staff.

Basically, the reviews you're getting are all negative and to not even try it. I think the only yeses you've mustered are either sarcastic or require so many changes that it really wouldn't be worth it.

You're basing this off of the feedback on ONE community. There are over 20 communities that they will be receiving feedback from. Go and have a look on the French forums at their feedback thread, for the most part they are all for it, and at least those who are not right now are saying that they are willing to give it a try.

DeletedUser22650

Honestly I couldn't say. I make a point of never judging something till I've tried it out. I thought wearing footie pajamas as an adult was silly but they are just so toasty warm. If I was wrong in my snap judgement of them then I could be wrong in judging others things early too. So I'm gonna wait and try out this new feature on the Beta server before I go one way or the other in regards to liking it or disliking it.

nicely perched on the fence then :p

DeletedUser19042

You're basing this off of the feedback on ONE community. There are over 20 communities that they will be receiving feedback from. Go and have a look on the French forums at their feedback thread, for the most part they are all for it, and at least those who are not right now are saying that they are willing to give it a try.

Well, I seriously wonder how good your french is then because I just read their forum and only on the first page I could find 2 positive remarks. The other pages are full of doubt, just like it is here.

DeletedUser

Well, I seriously wonder how good your french is then because I just read their forum and only on the first page I could find 2 positive remarks. The other pages are full of doubt, just like it is here.
WOW busted LOL.

Seriously thoough, why would ANYONE support this? This would make gold way too over powered. What was inno thinking implementing this? that's a serious question. Did they not know the community would hate this idea?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19042

PS: Same on the Dutch server. Few positive posts, but mainly negative posts, or at least 'hesitant' people.

Shall I check out the german as well?

DeletedUser25746

Just a general reminder that we, the mods, do not implement new features nor do we have a say in what features get implemented. When it comes to feedback threads we're here to make sure your opinions are given to Innogames. In regards to some of us saying to try the feature and then give feedback to try and improve upon it that's because we know how valuable community feedback is when it comes to making features better. One example would be the Phonecian Trader, which when it came out gave people the ability to buy resources with gold forever without losing resources on the exchange rate. However the various communities spoke up about the abuse potential of the feature and brainstormed ways to limit that. The end result was the increased trade exchange ratio each time the merchant is summoned in a 24 hour period. We're hoping you guys can try out this feature and come up with equally good abuse prevent ideas and better ways to balance it.

This feature will have so many exploits it will be very hard to contain them with out making an overly complex solution or solutions. If they are honestly looking for feedback on how to make this feature work properly they started off on a terrible foot. Having the community voice there concerns (ie cross world gold farming) on such feature would have been the best start imo. Brainstorming on fixes for those concerns (ie. traded gold doesnt transfer) would be the next step. Once the major forseeable expliots are fixed then you can move onto the third step of beta testing for additional tweaking needs.
Moving straight to beta worked fine for the heroes. They wisely took the communities views from beta and made the featurre workable and enjoyable. Major tweaks were made along the way to make it this way. I just hope the same time and energy is taken to make this feature worth while addition and not a giant game changer

DeletedUser46838

WOW busted LOL.

Seriously thoough, why would ANYONE support this? This woul make gold way too over powered. What was inno thinking implementing this? that's a erious question. Did they not know the community would hate this idea?

Hey have you seen what the Devs look like? They look exactly like the GameMakers from Hunger Games, except with limited eye vision

DeletedUser42857

so they can just implement it on the french servers then :D

DeletedUser46838

so they can just implement it on the french servers then :D

Just what I was going to say.

And Fr has more gold spammers than any other server. ( I played there for a month) and their worlds fill up quickly

DeletedUser

I used to work for a company that had factories scattered all over the world.

Whenever they wanted to implement changes that appeared to negatively impact the workforce and we got a bit too vociferous in our complaints about it, they adopted 1 of 2 strategies.

1) It won't be as bad as you think, try it and see.
2) Well all the other factories are ok with it.

Guess what, it always was as bad as we thought and the other factories weren't ok with it either. but by the time we could see it for definite, it was too late it was already implemented and the company always, ALWAYS, refused to change it back.

Starting to get a case of deja vu here.

PS

just so we're clear, the company ended up having to close the factory I worked in, even though it was actually the most profitable factory they had in the whole of Europe, because so many people left in disgust and found themselves other jobs and word got around about how the company treated people so they couldn't recruit enough people to work there.

Just saying.

DeletedUser20948

Another thing Inno could have done would have been one of those in game surveys on potential new features to see how the whole of EN rated it rather than just implementing it but thats Inno for you :D I like how there was no mention of it in game either to allow people to come and read about and give their opinion of it now rather than the day before its implemented. Smells of fish to me

Question: If Inno wants the whole of the EN's input on the feature, why only bring it to the 'small minority' on the externals?

Last edited:

DeletedUser22650

inno could do alot of things but they prefer to keep milking the cow until the milk is pink, not to much more of that kind of abuse before the poor old girl keels over and dies, i imagine there was some sort of board meeting at inno hq around 2.0 time where the business ppl took control away from the developers because around that time it went from grepo priding itself on not having bots, shared accounts and massive out of control gold boosts, we went from promised troop rebalancing and ww shake ups in the pipeline and received gold hungry sub games and now another feature designed solely to remove money from our pockets instead, i refuse to get emotional about it even though its a tragedy to my mind because that will just lead to having any and all posts removed......its a shame to see the death of the game ive enjoyed more than any other but i wont miss the constant frustration inflicted by innogames

DeletedUser22115

inno could do alot of things but they prefer to keep milking the cow until the milk is pink, not to much more of that kind of abuse before the poor old girl keels over and dies, i imagine there was some sort of board meeting at inno hq around 2.0 time where the business ppl took control away from the developers because around that time it went from grepo priding itself on not having bots, shared accounts and massive out of control gold boosts, we went from promised troop rebalancing and ww shake ups in the pipeline and received gold hungry sub games and now another feature designed solely to remove money from our pockets instead, i refuse to get emotional about it even though its a tragedy to my mind because that will just lead to having any and all posts removed......its a shame to see the death of the game ive enjoyed more than any other but i wont miss the constant frustration inflicted by innogames

Well worded i 100% agree. A shame to see a game ive player for a few years to turn out like this

DeletedUser46838

I'm quitting if this is implemented, and so is others. If the ONLY community is the "French Server" that wants to try it out! why don't you just implement it THERE and not here?