Gold Trading Discussion and Feedback Thread

Richard

Strategos
Hi guys,

Please leave any feedback for our upcoming change, Gold Trading. You can find more details here.

Thanks
Richard and team

DeletedUser

Trading resources to get gold, yeah, ok, that's a decent idea.

Trading resources to get gold from another player, ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I dont think this is the best idea... Although it does help me. I thik that the fact that you could trade resources to earn gold could change the game very much.

DeletedUser22115

This game just seems to get worse and worse after a new feature is added. In my opinion this shouldn't be implemented as gold users will abuse it and others who can't will be left for dead, I understand it's your own choice to buy gold but it does seem to me that you can't properly compete any more without purchasing gold as the advantages of gold seems to get longer and longer leaving the little people to dry, I understand inno need to raise revenue but I think this feature will gain some but the people who don't buy gold or buy little will be left there and will lose hope and quit, I do happen to use gold but don't feel it's feature is fair on others who don't

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22940

Quite frankly I knew that the day would come where my beloved Grepolis would become pay to win, but I am not ready for that day to be any time soon. Inno has done a great job (in my opinion) with balancing the game to create something inbetween a free and a pay-to-win game. Sure, the gold user gets the advantage, but it is not anything that a non-gold user cannot overcome without some skilled playing.

Now, we get:
Cash --> Gold --> Resources

Not good if you ask me. That pretty much spells out a pay to win game and kills all the actualy strategy that Inno and the community here has worked so hard to create and preserve. Given this change, someone would be able to have enough resources to build 12 nukes and actually build them in less time than it would take for a normal gold player to build one.

This gives a huge advantage to the gold users and gives them more incentive to purchase more. Sure, Inno will raise profits from some of these gold-heavy users, but they will lose all of the revenue from the casual, dedicated players that simply cannot keep up once this is implemented. They will leave the game. Once the big wallets run out after that, what's left?

Inno, I beg of you - Please don't kill my game.

Zarun-

Strategos
Don't need testing to know that players who don't/can't buy gold will happily give up resources to get some - especially ones who aren't running premiums.

That will give big spenders a way to get a ton of resources for cash and have crazy low build times on cities/armies.

The start of Cythera comes to mind here - when we had Democritus' Cauldron - people were able to effectively buy resources at will and the growth of the big spenders was just insane.

You had people with 8k cities and full-on nukes coming out of beginners protection. I can see this being abused to a high degree and creating an even greater imbalance in the game for gold spenders.

As bad as it is right now, the game is still relatively balanced in terms of 'pay to play' features - this would simply turn grepolis into 'pay to win' outright.

Looking at Cythera, this has effectively already been tested - in a way.

DeletedUser46838

This is just plain abuse of gold. Dude just stop with all this gold nonsense. The people who buy gold are going to abuse the market

Ie...5000 silver for 50 gold... clearly a resource grab for gold.

Lol I can see this as a temporary 2 day thing but this has just gone too far

DeletedUser46416

Hell no!

Next thing we know Assault232 will have a 10000 point city before BP even runs out.

If anything please snuff or make gold less important. dont just make it an even bigger advantage!

DeletedUser46838

Dear the Most Beloved Richard and his fellow Mods/Deva/GameMakers,

Hello! My name is Rock5, more commonly known as R.H.Stogus. I would like to discuss to the Grepolis Team about the issue about gold marketing. Recently, I have found a thread called, "Gold Trading Discussion and Feedback Thread" and it's link to the wiki about it. I have thoroughly read it and would like to say that this gold trading is thoroughly an abusive way to make money.

It is unfair to both the gold spenders and the no gold spenders because of the following.

- the gold spenders are giving their hard earned money to people who aren't even earning money.

- The gold Spenders can easily abuse it. ( 6500 stone for 100 gold as an example)

- many of the games such as Good game Galaxy and good game bigfarm have all failed because of the fact that the players have to rely HEAVILY on gold/ game currency in order to succeed.

- many players have complained about the increasingly amount of gold advantages that Gold Members receive. I implore your team to kindly remove this "gold trading" as it heavily unbalances the game towards the gold spenders.

I also read you said you would "adjust" it (the chance of removing it is a possibility)

Thank you Grepolis and all who would support this game. Let's make this game fair.

Sincerely your dear player and supporter,

Rock5

SlothTzu

Strategos
This is ridiculous, you'll be taking away the only thing that brings the massive gold spenders down to the rest of us, this should never be implemented, never.

DeletedUser

I am open to the idea as long as it is handled carefully, maybe you could set a limit to the quantity of trades or only allow one gold related trade a day or perhaps apply both of these restrictions to gold for resource trades.

DeletedUser

Dear the Most Beloved Richard and his fellow Mods/Deva/GameMakers,

Hello! My name is Rock5, more commonly known as R.H.Stogus. I would like to discuss to the Grepolis Team about the issue about gold marketing. Recently, I have found a thread called, "Gold Trading Discussion and Feedback Thread" and it's link to the wiki about it. I have thoroughly read it and would like to say that this gold trading is thoroughly an abusive way to make money.

It is unfair to both the gold spenders and the no gold spenders because of the following.

- the gold spenders are giving their hard earned money to people who aren't even earning money.

- The gold Spenders can easily abuse it. ( 6500 stone for 100 gold as an example)

- many of the games such as Good game Galaxy and good game bigfarm have all failed because of the fact that the players have to rely HEAVILY on gold/ game currency in order to succeed.

- many players have complained about the increasingly amount of gold advantages that Gold Members receive. I implore your team to kindly remove this "gold trading" as it heavily unbalances the game towards the gold spenders.

I also read you said you would "adjust" it (the chance of removing it is a possibility)

Thank you Grepolis and all who would support this game. Let's make this game fair.

Sincerely your dear player and supporter,

Rock5

Leave it to Stogus to tell an entire story instead of just saying I dont like this idea.

DeletedUser

you want me to get rooster to do it instead.

Again another no. Though if you give me a % of the profit my mind might be changed o_O

DeletedUser47767

This is just going to give players who put money into the game an unfair advantage. As it stands this game is already great, and while the constant updates bring a lot of new content that I as a player enjoy, but this is going to make conquering those players next to impossible.

DeletedUser38304

I spend on gold, some times more than i should, but dont think the current gold features unbalance the game, being able to trade gold for res, this will seriously unbalance the playing field..... it will get spammed and when any new server comes online, a whole island will become fodder for farming as soon as bp ends they dont have a chance. if grepo wanna attract any new players and keep the current ones that dont have loads of cash to spend, i strongly reccomend that they dont put this feature in place

DeletedUser47438

while this would benefit people who can't buy gold. It would benefit the gold users even more buying resources isn't that how you win the game though resources. So now you will be able to buy your WW's not to mention being able to build nukes more quickly. I think you are giving unfair advantage to Gold users here. DON"T DO IT.

DeletedUser46838

Hey here's an amazing formula

Resources+gold=sim city+players leaving+imbalance+ random clicking+no skill+stupidifies your brain