Discussion Gold

DeletedUser

Got a few questions about gold, so thanks in advance for answering them.

I know you can get gold from surveys and stuff, but is this an unlimited supply?
Also, what would you advise as the most efficient way to use gold early on? gaining res from the phoenician merchant, the captain...?

DeletedUser

The amount of gold you can get from SponsorPay is limited to the amount of unique offers that are available.

I would recommend Administrator; the extra building slots are great to keep your queue busy 24/7. However, if you're extremely active to the point where you would be likely demanding from FVs every 5 minutes then the Captain is probably more worth your time.

DeletedUser

I have just spent my first 100 coins on the administrator - i agree it helps keeping your city busy and productive easily (without interference all the time)
My second 100 coins i have just spent on the merchant (i was wanting to get my production up to help facilitate my city growth), but he does not seem to be showing the increased 30% efficiency i was expecting.....

Can anyone help me with this?

Deccers

DeletedUser

If you did spend the coins and the merchant is showing as being 'active' then you should be getting the 30% advantage...
If not- Submit a ticket IG.

T

DeletedUser

Forgot to mention that Merchant is a good source of resources, whether you farm actively or not.

Deccers, please contact me via PM or submit a support ticket so we do not derail this topic.

DeletedUser

If this is a discussion about the different premiums... here are my thoughts-

THe admin is a great tool for those of us who are not able to get online most of the day (due to school or work etc). It allows us to put things in a build queue so that time is not wasted! And later in the game, it is invaluable when trying to manage a large number of cities.

The merchant is useful early on if you're trying to get a bit of an edge over other players, but later is not too useful as you should have your resource buildings on level 40 anyway and are already receiving a lot of resources!

The high priestess is very useful, not early on obviously as you have to have a temple first! But later, when you need resources quickly it is very good for providing that bit of extra favour per hour that allows you to use a few more god powers before bed! Also- the extra attack powers of myth units is helpful.

The commander is useful if you are an attacking player. It is only useful a few weeks into a server if you are going to use it at all. Or maybe just before you launch a big offensive in which the extra fighting power of your units could win you another city or two!

The captain is very useful when you have a lot of cities and will be farming a lot, it is also helpful when planning large attacks (the attack planner) and the extra speed of ships and trade is helpful. Again, not too useful until you have a decent number of cities/ships).

Over all-
Good ones to activate at the beginning of a world-
Admin and merchant

A few days in-
High Priestess

A few weeks in (if at all)-
Captain
Commander

DeletedUser

Just to add: Captain is now an option for early game premium options due to the Farming Overview feature, so (as I said before) if you're a very active player and want to get the most out of your gameplay the Captain could dramatically increase your resource income.

DeletedUser

I would still say that it should only be used later as even early on the most farms you are likes to have is 5-6 so it isn't too hard to farm individually. Though, i have never been one for the 5 minute farming, so i am not too sure how annoying/time consuming it actually is...

T

DeletedUser

Thx for the info,

yeah, well depends if it's school hols/weekend or during the week at school. During the early stages i farm every 5mins when not at school. I have 60cities on Pi but not used to the early stages. I always find i am very slow. Thats why i was wondering if you could get an unlimited amount of gold from surveys then you could use the phoenician merchant a lot and get a lot of res

DeletedUser

There is no limit on how many of the free things you can do.. So as long as new ones keep being created, no reason why you shouldn't be able to get 'unlimited gold'.