Gold

DeletedUser

Did you all do the sneaky trick regarding the advent calander to get the free gold?

DeletedUser33297

Did you all do the sneaky trick regarding the advent calander to get the free gold?

I don't see this being a trick neither do I see it being a bug or something like that. Some forum mods even said you're allowed to, so I don't see what's wrong with doing it? It's actually just smart if you did do it...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23516

You are allowed to, but you can't join multiple worlds now. There are actually 2 ways to get 100 gold in each world

DeletedUser

As one who has just arrived on Grepolis I must admit I have spent that gold to get me started. I don't regret letting Inno having some money to carry on providing games like this.

I've spent a few days now and read all the guides. I think I understand most of the early game mechanics and getting to understand what comes next when the BP ends and players start building CS.

I appreciate that for experienced players like *Conan it can be frustrating to see newbies like me buying their way into the game. Yet Grepolis like other games of its genre effectively rewards players who can invest the most time into it. Even with BP anyone learning this game with big alliances around will quickly find themselves swamped by the big guys.

So yes, I've thrown a bit of cash at the game to give me better odds at lasting for longer. Although I'll try to keep my head down and be diplomatic in my dealings with others - don't want to draw too much attention to myself just yet. Because I've spent that cash I have a lot more options open to me now instead of having to wait a day for resources to build that next farm and I can develop strategies around multi-cities in time to face the more experienced players.

Is it worth it? Hmmm ... the cost of a theatre ticket, two seats at the cinema, a meal out for two - perhaps not. So maybe I have more money than sense but I'm here to play the game.

DeletedUser345

I appreciate that for experienced players like *Conan

My friend with that humour you will go far! :D

On a serious note your going along the right way from what your saying; reading the guides, getting on the forums and spending gold will make you one of the best players around in the future.

DeletedUser

Its nice to see some fresh faces, especially the quality ones that are willing to read, spend, and participate in the forums :) welcome to grepolis

DeletedUser

I thought I'd add to this now that I'm nearly two weeks into the game.

I started with buying Gold to give me an advantage as a newbie whilst I started to learn the game. Since that point I've held back from paying out any more cash just to see how things go. At the same time I've opened up on Helorus to put into place all the things I learnt about building a city on a speed 3 world.

After a while the resource management gets a bit boring. I've managed to dominate most of the cities on my island either through making an alliance with them, or constantly attacking them until they've quit and gone ghost or inactive. I'm now collecting transport boats and I'm able to hit surrounding islands and their cities and slowly building up battle points.

What is frustrating is the 12 hour wait to build a new farm or waiting most of a day to have sufficient resources to build the next level of an academy. It's going to be at least a week before I get to a colony ship and then I have to build up the harbour. It will probably be two weeks before I'm able to seriously raid or take part in attacks and it just seems too long.

I'm going to have to resort to spending some more gold just to progress developments at a pace sufficient to keep interested in the game!

How do you guys keep focused on the game?

DeletedUser27700

It's all about the 5 minute farm.
No matter how much Gold you buy, you can not buy resources. I use those 12 hr build times to save res for more troops.
The only thing I spend Gold on is the Administrator and Captain.