Gone Due to 2.0 Problems

DeletedUser

I Am Gone, Sorry...

Hardkill
2.0 is terrible, I am not going to be frustrated every day waiting for an hour glass to change, have fun all. I played this game for 2 years, time to find another.

Hardkill
Spartan Kings

DeletedUser

Yes, even deleted my account, that should help grepolis with bandwidth problems. The standard response of did you clear your cache dont work here, everything has been tried. I even bought my son a new computer for Christmas from Alienware that cost me some good money and it does not run the game much better than my older computer. There is something definitely wrong on the server end.

The truth of it is, 2.0 does not work properly for many many people, beta testers did not do the job, all they want to do is play the game. I tried 2.0 in another server and it had problems so I quit there too, now its installed in Beta server and it still has issues as is self evident from all the players posting. I am a history major and love Grepolis, but the game is not fun waiting for the hour glass of doom to stop spinning and the page to load. There are many other games to play, I am not wasting my time on an unfinished product that is forced upon us. Good luck all, its been great playing with you all, but its time to move on.

Lugosi

Strategos
Maybe something wrong with your end as mine works well for me but it doesn't work well with Internet Explorer you can only really use firefox imo, you have to keep internet data cleared regularly aswell.

DeletedUser

Maybe something wrong with your end as mine works well for me but it doesn't work well with Internet Explorer you can only really use firefox imo, you have to keep internet data cleared regularly aswell.

This is the standard response I expected. Do you read the forums at all? My game worked fine prior to 2.0, now it works bad, its not on my end, I have several computers and a high speed connection. I have used firefox, google chrome and IE, all work like crud with 2.0. Google chrome works the best but I still get the hour glass of doom. I have played his game from different countries around the world, some countries work better than others.

Grepolis MODs have asked people to post their problems because the developers dont know what is causing the problems, so dont post here it must be something on my end. Read the forums and educate yourself before giving advice. The only thing that has changed recently in game is 2.0 being installed... prior to that there were no problems in game with how it works.

Jtin46, please read up on the no response statements, or battle timer not working properly, or 2.0 much lag etc. Educate yourself before saying it works good on my end, so it must be you statements.

I was ranked #27 in game and had 72 cities, I dont give that up lightly, but there is no reason for me to waste my time in game any longer with a bugged program, its ashame.

If this is what 2.0 is doing, I wont even try waiting around for Heroes World... it will probably be much of the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13405

Sorry to hear that Hardkill. As many know, I have been adamantly opposed to the forced transition to 2.0. You should reconsider sticking around for the first HW with decent settings....if everyone starts from the same place at the same time, and everyone has the same problems, at least the first decent-setting HW has the promise of being a fun server cause everyone will want to play it.

Unfortunately, Beta world will die when the wonders have been built. Many good players have quit. The first HW (with decent settings) is my last gasp at a fun Grepolis experience.

DeletedUser15637

Another good player gone....Why did they not listen? Why did they not test it (properly)? Why are they just trying to squeeze more money out of us for worse gaming experience? WHY HAVE THEY NOT FIXED IT OR SENT ANY COMMUNICATION?????????????

WHY INNOGAMES WHY???????????

I have played this game for time man. Battling,building, planning etc etc like SOOOOOOO many others. Then you force this absolute RUBBISH on us and EXPECT us to pay for it!!!!!! I am barely checking my account once a day now when before I could not get enough. I think it is new year new game. And it will NOT be an INNOGAME game.....

Shove your gold in your cave. (or should I not say that as it might offend....!)

Happy new year to all, friend or foe. It has been fun (most of the time).
SHAME ON YOU INNOGAMES.......

DeletedUser

To DG and Gotham, I tried, but I am not into daily aggrevation waiting for pages to load, I have more time for my wife and kids now, good luck. I enjoyed playing with some great players that you know who you are, too many to list.

I dont see Hero World being anything but junk if its anything like 2.0 and it does not interest me.

DeletedUser

Well, I had to change browser to get the game playable after the upgrade. I now have to log in twice when I am away more than a few hours - first time is grey and time is 4 days ago even though I logged in about 2 hours before.
Hour glass? - almost constant fixture so have learnt to get a drink, have a toilet break, watch TV whilst the game does whatever housekeeping it is doing before it is usable. And the list goes on.
Had not one of these problems with 1.0. and lets not start with clearing cache etc. That is absurd to have to do that on a daily basis just to play a game.

DeletedUser

The problems with this game are stupid, They need to re-figure their server scripts to get this thing working properly. I get response errors, The loading glass. Timeouts. DNS failures. The list go's on.

DeletedUser

This is what Innogames does to us after all the years the players have put into this game. They should've kept a 1.XX server running just in case players didn't like the 2.0 version. I'm not going to lie, I voted yes for 2.0 but that was because in other servers it was different before when I tried it. It didn't lag every time I tried to do anything and the damn chat didn't close every time you do anything within your city. It's sad to see players quitting because of the crappy "update".

DeletedUser

You now a game has issues when it has an error when you try to jog out :p

DeletedUser

Guys its fixed happy time!

I dont believe it. From reading the forums, the latest try at fixing the lag did not help everyone. Please read up prior to posting more BS.

DeletedUser

Not fixed... still a little laggy and I never had serious problems on mine before

DeletedUser

I played Beta in it's 1.0 format at the same time I played Psi when it first started, then got out of that (didn't like the revolt method) and then joined Athens for a bit. Both 2.0 servers were constant glitchy, even though my good ole' faithful Beta was solid. I just figured the developers were still ironing out the bugs.

Now that Beta has been re-formatted to 2.0, it's as buggy and laggy as the others were. And there doesn't appear to be much improvements in the software from the Psi or Athens servers I played a couple - three months ago. For games such as this (very little animations and minimalistic graphics/features), you'd think that whatever bugs and glitches discovered in the development of a new game format would be isolated and corrected by now.

I always had the relief after struggling with Psi and Athens that I could always take a break, and spend time on my faithful ole' Beta server. Now it's as bad if not worse than those others......

DeletedUser

Very true, that is now 4 friends I have lost to 2.0 and possibly more in the future...

Simply, it sux