Goro

Varun

Strategos
Ok, the theme may be quite macabre for my writing style. Still, I gave it a shot. Will be extending this story further :)

The Blood

He woke up and saw red. There were red walls, red floors and red everything. His clothes were stained with red. He touched it. It was sickly and sweet. It was both pleasant and horrifying for him.
Then he realized what it was – Blood. That is how his tale began.

He did not remember where he came from or how he got there. A man without a past and a present, and therefore there was no ‘Once upon a time’ in this story. Not until he found out who he was, or how this came to be – The Blood.

He looked around for something. He tried remembering his name – Goro. That was all he could remember and so he stuck with it. He tried moving his hands and legs. They worked just fine. He seemed like a lost traveler who comes out of a forest and sees civilization. Everything was new and different, except the Blood.

He tried talking. The words rolled easily out of his mouth. He tried standing up but slipped. Fortunately, there was a bell-pull which he caught on to. “That rope might come in handy”, he thought. He yanked it hard and it came into his hand. And then he fell down, blanked out and remembering.

His family……His children…..All died…….By one and only one man – HIM

It was their Blood. And he had no idea how this began.

He had no idea how harrowing the journey would be.

DeletedUser18132

*cue Twilight Zone theme* That's a really good start, keeping going!

DeletedUser8396

I'm loving all these 'to be continued' series! I absolutely loved the ominous and creep-filled tone this one had. I look forward to future additions! :)

Varun

Strategos
Wow, I cannot believe that I discontinued this. Here you go, chapter two.

The writing style might have changed a bit or maybe not. (Oh and btw it contains blood, so view at your own discretion)
The Confusion

Images startled his eyes. His brain was beginning to remember how this came to be. He was unable to comprehend and he was lost in the blood.

He blinked his eyes and moved around a bit. He saw a button – a switch? He did not remember but he pushed it anyway. After all, what wrong could a small button do?

He saw the hand first. It was a child’s hand. Then he saw the bodies. There were ten of them all. And among them was his family. He was in shock. Goro fell down to his knees. He started crying and became scared of the tears. He never remembered or in this case, knew that tears always come while crying.

Then he saw the other bodies. Bodies that he did not know about yet somehow they were familiar. What had happened here was his only thought. He examined the bodies. They looked like they had been clawed out and torn into various parts. He did not look and threw up. Then, he fainted.

After some time, he came about. He controlled his grief and took his bearings. The room was shiny and grey in colour. Colour, he remembered about colour. He remembered that they could make things beautiful or ugly. Like the red of blood and the gloomy grey. He knocked the walls and they made a metallic sound. He saw a knob and tried to pull it. It did not budge and so he pushed it. It gave way. He opened the door and was met by a vast body of water. He remembered water and knew its colour but something was off. The water was red. He touched it and found out that it was Blood.

He shrank back in fear. After all, something was terribly wrong. He was on a boat and a very big one. But there was no one on it. Not a single living soul was in sight. The only things in sight were even more bodies. This was going south for his brain. It was too much to handle and he shut himself up. After all he couldn’t be responsible for all of that, could he?

He had no idea how wrong he was.

DeletedUser44426

It was great. I feel that a third part can go many ways.

Varun

Strategos
Here's the third part. Enjoy! :)

The First Kill

Goro stumbled around. He had finally made up his mind. He was not responsible and he was sure of it. His wife, his children, everyone was killed by someone else and he was ready for a vengeance which was unproven. His mind couldn’t accept the fact that he had done such an evil. Days of his past began to filter inside. He remembered that he was a soldier in the army and that he was on a vacation. He still couldn’t remember his real name.

In the meanwhile, he found an axe inside the Blood Chamber. Strangely, the axe was free of blood and was shining. This struck to him as peculiar considering that the room was slathered in Blood. The Blood, his near and dear ones but he shuddered and holding back his tears he opened the door and met his first nightmare.

He heard the sound first. The squelching of flesh and the slither of something sharp caught him. A figure loomed above and jumped in front of him, snarling. It had no teeth and was roughly the same height as him. The creature was covered in blood and strips of flesh were hanging about. The one thing that struck him was that it had no eyes. Its claws were sharp and pointed and honed.
Goro swung his axe but the creature batted it away as if it were paper. The jolt that Goro felt was more than he had anticipated and the axe fell down with a clatter. The creature spoke in a horrible voice, “Goro! Yes, the Master shall be very pleased.” “Who are you”, he asked. The creature did not reply instead swung its claws. Goro saw it coming and ducked, the claws missing by an inch’s breadth. That creature was definitely not there to chit-chat. Holding that fact in mind, Goro swiped up his axe and lopped off the creature’s head.

The smell and the smoke assailed him. The creature’s head flew into the ocean where it vapourized. The rest of the body shook and smoked and exploded, splattering the remains all over the place. “Drat!” Goro said. “No manners to say goodbye”. He wiped the gore with the back of his hand. He thought that the creature must have killed his family. Happy with the thought that he got his revenge, he explored the boat for a way of escape. Although, one thought plagued him that who the Master was. Still he gave it no thought and went to the deck to find something even more harrowing.