Graphics CnC (Comment and Critique)

DeletedUser

i like.. esp the "PLATINUM" text.. Love the Kishi Inaba font, maybe the subtext could be in some other font options?

DeletedUser

I just started graphics today, would like to see how my best signature is like to you guys:

84f1b377-02d8-47d3-9abb-537837ab4919_zpsba970c78.png

DeletedUser40816

A simple concept, and even at the level you are at I can give you a couple of pointers without having to teach you much :)

You appear to want to go for a dark and menacing theme. This leads itself to using dark colours for the most part. The largely white background belies the true intentions behind the piece, so you would want that to be a dark colour, maybe black, or something close to black. The text you could then have white or red, anything that has a menacing connotation and will stand out enough against the dark background. A different font will help to alter the mood of the piece too, I'd go for Argel font, Burton's Nightmare, Ghastly Panic, Northwood High, or Rothenburg Decorative, fonts that have a more gothic feel to them (think that most of those I listed are available as free downloads from dafont.com).

Slight details in the background can aid the piece, as they can help to break up the monotony of a single block colour. If you want more focal on the figure then you will want to bring them in towards the centre a bit more to around the third line, as that is where the viewers eye will naturally want to gravitate to.

For the most part I like to take the approach of less is more with darker signatures. I'm not overly keen on using much text in signatures anymore either, but that is just a personal preference that I have so that the viewer can focus on the image easier, and they can flow from one focal point to the next, and see the depth (if any).

Keep it up though, and hopefully within the next couple of weeks I can start recording my class videos for the gfx school :)

DeletedUser

Anyone got any tips for my signature? I think it looks quite good, but there is just something that I don't really like about it.
MfQP4j9.png

DeletedUser

can i get a pointer on mine, I just started doing this last night

LRTNL
i like the theme
it seems to all blend well

DeletedUser

LRTNL
I am not sure what is bothering me in your sig, but I think it it the background color or maybe the brightness of the background. Since your sig is a war theme, you can make some explosions in the background.

Some positive things about your signature, I like the way the soldier look and how he is outside the signature. I also admire the font that you used, by any chance do you remember what font that is and where you got it from? I might want to use that font. Nice signature overall. Keep up the good work!

And only evil, what website do you use to create your graphics? Anyway, I don't like the font nor the size of the font, I have to put my face close to the computer to see the text 'onlyevil'.

I like the darkness. I think I can understand how you put the darkness in and it looks nice!

I took some of Phlipster's pointers and made a new evil signature. I feel it is a bit empty though:
480px-Combat_Arms_Assassin_Face_zpscfb86a7d.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

CnC please.

xl3m.jpg

And another project.

Here is the wallpaper:

Original image i made:

DeletedUser

xl3m.jpg

Everything is so in focus, it feels flat.
The text pulls your attention away from the image.
It's really not that bad, but it's boring to me.

vy4c.png

zp1k.png

DeletedUser

Spider man tag/sig is generic in style. It is boring, nothing is going on. On your sig, you have 2 light sources. Color of the highlight on the left jacket collar does not match the light source. The highlight of the left part of the face is missing reddish hue.(the light source is red). Same goes for the right part of the face, the highlight should be blueish. Text is kind of lost, i think making it smaller would be better. 1 px frame would also add a nice definition to the small sig.

DeletedUser

Spider man tag/sig is generic in style. It is boring, nothing is going on. On your sig, you have 2 light sources. Color of the highlight on the left jacket collar does not match the light source. The highlight of the left part of the face is missing reddish hue.(the light source is red). Same goes for the right part of the face, the highlight should be blueish. Text is kind of lost, i think making it smaller would be better. 1 px frame would also add a nice definition to the small sig.

sorry for skipping you benvolio, not my expertise, but. that was deadpool, not spiderman.

DeletedUser

i'm not either, but i love deadpool, he is my fav hero (well he's a merc so not a hero.)
he is from the xmen universe.

DeletedUser

I like the sig, what I don't understand is why blue filter on top?I would've used blue in the center, green on the threes, maybe add contrast to leopard. All in all, the sig is great.

DeletedUser

Ok thanks. Slobo.c made it for me in the .us forums and I was wondering what other people thought