graphics in C or C++

DeletedUser2795

Compiler/IDE: Dev-C++ (can also operate in C)
Problem: well, I want to implement a GUI using C or C++. I tried downloading a couple of graphics libraries and I managed to get them included properly, but the compiler (not the linker or anything else) keeps on returning huge numbers of errors, even when I tried libraries meant for my version of Dev-C++. If anyone has a suggestion for a free compiler and graphics library for C and they know for sure that it works, or if you know of a graphics library that works with Dev-C++ and you have a specific tutorial, then I would be grateful if it was posted :)

DeletedUser

I don't. don't program in C or C++.

Look they're great languages but the world's moved on. If you understand the syntax to those languages just use C#.

GUIs are drag and drop easy, all other functions are better than in C or C++ as well. I'll help with stacktraces/errors if you want post em up here.

DeletedUser

No.. i've no idea what that is!

if you program using Visual Studio interfaces are drag and drop, it's not my preferred system but it's excellent for building that way.

C++ and C (and Java) have libraries for building interfaces, it's just a bit like hitting yourself in the face for days on end (unless you're building webapps)

DeletedUser

I've never used visual studio though :p

I use visual studio day in and day out, I would recommend you give it a try, learning C# would then open many doors.

You could go in to Windows Forms, WPF, ASP.NET, Silverlight and Windows Phone programming all from the same interface with the same synax.

Drop me a PM if you need advise.

DeletedUser

Whats the difference between C++ and C sharp.

They look fairly the same

DeletedUser

Use visual studio (C++ or C#) to create a form based application - drag and drop elements, and easily binds event on them.

If you want to go for easy creation and usage go for C#.
C++ is for people that know what they are doing - ie. that have a solid grasp of a multitude of concepts and mechanics.

You were most likely getting linking errors.
If you downloaded an external library you will basically need to:
1. Make sure your project had the additional include directories to include the .h of the library.
2. Make sure your project has additional include folders for the linker setup where you have the .lib of the library.
3. Make sure your project's Linker has the required .lib files set as Additional Input (so he knows to look in the actual file to find the function declaration).
4. After you compile, make sure you get the library .dll - s in the same folder as the .exe file (provided the library you use is shipped with dlls for dynamic linking).

There should be a lot of info about setting up dynamic or static libraries to your project on the web :) i am unfamiliar with devc but this is very easy to setup in VC++

DeletedUser

Visual Basic is really easy to build simple and fun programs... but it's not too practical if you're looking for employment...

Having a good knowledge of MySql and server management along with Php is something a lot of jobs will require.