Great Question!

DeletedUser

Okay, I wanted to post this in the funny mail thread and revive it. But it was closed unfortunately. So today I received this message with pretty eye opening questions: "

"You used premium gold right??? If not please let me know how you did it. I've been super active and I build up my resources first. I built up my senate a little but not super high. What is your strategy because it is obviously working?"

I decided to not show who said it in case this thread blows up like others.

My response:

Well you seem to have answered your own question. Premium...hmmm...well it does help a little. I mean it helps you cut those tedious construction times down so you are constantly pumping up instead of waiting 4 hours for a Senate level and then your Temple or Harbor. But premium seems to have a most benefitting use in this world of ours. With BP lasting 7 days (oh yeah 3 days left!) it means you have to rely more on your resources and farms. So Merchant is definitely helpful here. And the Administrator allows you to not waste resources or time.

But besides premium there are a few other contributors. Farms. Make sure you get as many as fast as you can. I currently have 4 farms all at level 3 and some almost level 4. Close to going for my 5th farm. These farms are crucial since I can't go around farming the players on my island. :p

Another thing that goes hand in hand with farms is activity. Thankfully I am nearing the prime years. Meaning I am super healthy and can stay up for days without sleep. However, I am not suggesting for anybody to become an insomniac. Learn when to take naps and go to bed. For instance when you have 7 hours of construction queued up. ;) The earlier you join also helps.

Lastly, there is a formula and strategy to successful building. Narwhal is not just randomly building things. He knows the correct order to go about to maximize resource use and time allocation to get the best amount of points. I don't want to reveal my particular building strategy just because I do not think it works very well. It takes experience. By looking at all stats and whatever you can find you will find I have almost none. But that is probably because I started a new account and ditched the other ;) Also, read the wiki guides if you want to learn things, some which may be small but are a great help.

But in all of it I have to thank Mountain Dew, Monster, Poptarts, Protein Bars, my monkey, and of course my supportive alliance for helping me get this far.

P.S. I am not sure how long I will stay active ;P

Am I missing anything else that helps make high ranking? Please let me know. I posted this to help others that are looking for the answers to why Osl is so dang awesome :p

DeletedUser

Tell me ur building strategy NOA

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you spelled wrong :)

DeletedUser

you spelled wrong :)

Hilarious!

And firelord I can't do that :p I said I don't think it works very well. I have serious confidence issues. I would think it worked well if I was in first. But since I am not I will not share . ;p

DeletedUser

Each world is different in my opinion (well, it is anyway :D), so therefore my building strategy is never set in stone, despite always following the same lines and objectives. For that reason, I can't really tell you my strategy. To me its a balancing act.

But anyway, nice thread. Oh, and I'm never confident in my build strat... ever it seems :D

DeletedUser

Is this your first world?

Actually no it is probably my fifth. I also am on Upsilon but started late. In my past account, which I ditched a year ago, I was on three others Nu, Lambda, and Gamma. I think it was some stupid name like armlessbaby, but I wasn't very serious back then and had no clue what I was doing. Now I did my research and made a plan. And so far it seems to be working.

Osl I am with you. We can't give away our secrets ;)

DeletedUser

haha, i have no strategy, hence i am only 600 points.

I do focus more on slingers then on building up my city though. :)