Greatest Grepo Players of All-Time

DeletedUser56666

i like how this sounds but its not gonna happen, game is dying and should close down in couple of years considering the way its heading ..

i disagree, i played many games and this is still the most hardcore game out there. Just unfortunate graphics where never upgraded

BadDecisions

Hipparchus
The best players I've known are still from 1st Gen worlds. I've recently returned and surprised how many of the bigger players really aren't that good! The early no.1 player (points) on Teos had barely any troops or navy, all their resources and gold went on getting the most points. When it's more efficient to use resources for CP than it is to use BP this will continue to be the case.
I would love to see more of those old skool type players now, those listed at the start of this thread..

JungleBear

Phrourach
me is the best, everyone knows that lol..... or is it ive been around the longest now.....hmmmmm.... Im even mentioned on the first page of this really old thread how sad is that

DeletedUser56666

me is the best, everyone knows that lol..... or is it ive been around the longest now.....hmmmmm.... Im even mentioned on the first page of this really old thread how sad is that
I seen your name in there lol, but atleast i got a mention once upon a time

DeletedUser41523

Greatest

Miknel
Aliooops
The big bad
Grepopotomus
Adam the Ruthless
Goku Zu
Buckie
Nick1
Ianmd

DeletedUser56666

The best players I've known are still from 1st Gen worlds. I've recently returned and surprised how many of the bigger players really aren't that good! The early no.1 player (points) on Teos had barely any troops or navy, all their resources and gold went on getting the most points. When it's more efficient to use resources for CP than it is to use BP this will continue to be the case.
I would love to see more of those old skool type players now, those listed at the start of this thread..
Totally agree mate, alot has changed from when i remember it

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Totally agree mate, alot has changed from when i remember it

and that is the main reason why the great players from earlier gen worlds are no longer playing, because skill has lower impact on the game these days, it turned to pay to win style... constant events and quite a few of other things drove them away from the game.. idk if i can even compile the list of people that are 'greatest" that play right now... and listing old people who quit long time ago doesnt seem right either..

DeletedUser41523

You can’t really compare someone who was good in 2010 to someone who is good now. Being good in 2010 usually just involved being big and taking out red cities. Or having a high ABP ranking.

Being good in 2019, you can be ranked 200 in points and BP. But if you don’t lose cities constantly, can be pinged, and contribute. You’re generally more desirable of a player than than a #1 overall player who doesn’t have these qualities.

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
you are right.. but i don't really think anyone playing now can be considered greatest grepo player of all time... maybe one of the better ones in past year or 3.. idk.. this entire thread and idea is trivial to me..

DeletedUser56666

Well i have to agree on some points made.

My original IGN Nickossa has been mentioned in this thread on 2nd page ( appreciate the mention but i don't consider myself one of them) and returning now i can see somethings have changed and cant remember the politics being so bad.

The Golding has definitely made the game easier in certain respects, but all i am saying not many games out there where you can get rimmed, it is still a brutal game where any player can rule the day money or not. (Not is harder but i know people still playing that do it)

JungleBear

Phrourach
You can’t really compare someone who was good in 2010 to someone who is good now. Being good in 2010 usually just involved being big and taking out red cities. Or having a high ABP ranking.

Being good in 2019, you can be ranked 200 in points and BP. But if you don’t lose cities constantly, can be pinged, and contribute. You’re generally more desirable of a player than than a #1 overall player who doesn’t have these qualities.

mate its along time now since we played beta and that huge world....yet for some reason we still hang around....game principles still the same, just smaller... :)

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
Just back after few years thought i would see what was going on I started on World Alpha played on many Worlds either as this name or Ype711, a guy who i played with from Alpha gave me his account, had some great times, but to turn round and say who is the best impossible, its all about activity timing luck and having a great team with you, made many friends created many alliances, know many of you played with against and hoping to do so again, see you all on the battlefield....

DeletedUser56055

kostrc, spookytooth1 , rm9832, Diane of Kefalonia, King Vodca I, Jambocaz, Scotzman, il.brutto, lt viriatus, ShastaCola915, Dave Hill, smith281, joelyon, fredatwork, Hades4765
Kostrc rage quit grep because of how powerful myths were....i think one myth hit took out 18k of his DLU and thats the last ive seen him

DeletedUser47128

Meant and fought with/against way to many people to even come up with a list. (I still play on Achilles en 32 and still remember when the world came out all those years ago where you couldn't use gold to instant build ls nukes). Truth is its impossible for there to be a best player even though I would like to think that I am up there on the list :) I try/tried a lot harder on some worlds than others. I can be a very good player given I put forth a lot of effort and time and have the right community around me, but can also be complete trash when I get sick of the game and don't want to put forth the time and effort to play properly. If this is what I am like then I can imagine it is similar for others. All depends. the number 1 player in a world isn't always the "best" player... have to keep in mind their alliance plays a huge factor in that number 1 ranking.