Greatest Grepo Players of All-Time

DeletedUser46130

There isn't just one best player, there are plenty of legends, plenty of people that were amazing in their prime, and they were backed by the best teams.
Say what you want about Eviction Notice, but they had/have the best players and the leadership to back them up
Killers like Psyko, Manster, Beer Wench, Erik Wijmeersch, Lord Shler, Hibriten, QUE DEMONIOS, The Phonoi, HunKiller ect.
Backed up by some of the best leaders to ever play the game:
Legends like Kron, Weasy, Snowdog, Siciliana Drago, Karlo Makaj, Prateek ect.
So many player you can't even name all of them

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22517

There isn't just one best player, there are plenty of legends, plenty of people that were amazing in their prime, and they were backed by the best teams.
Say what you want about Eviction Notice, but they had/have the best players and the leadership to back them up
Killers like Psyko, Manster, Beer Wench, Erik Wijmeersch, Lord Shler, Hibriten, QUE DEMONIOS, The Phonoi, HunKiller ect.
Backed up by some of the best leaders to ever play the game:
Legends like Kron, Weasy, Snowdog, Siciliana Drago, Karlo Makaj, Prateek ect.
So many player you can't even name all of them

What game was that SimCity? :D :D :D

DeletedUser38939

One of the best players I have had the pleasure to fight with was Minatomus, aka Kagetora Nagao. Excellent fighter and a great guy.

DeletedUser

One of the best players I have had the pleasure to fight with was Minatomus, aka Kagetora Nagao. Excellent fighter and a great guy.

I'm just a noob :D thank you for the nice words nonetheless.

Here's my take on best Grepolis Players:

1. StarLegend: led League of Doom on Thebes. He was a beast who steamrolled anyone and everyone next to him. Not only was he aggressive, he was able to play the game with foresight and managed excellent ops. Most memorable thing about this player: He often bought Myrmidon attack boost rather than double BP.
2. Fadiga: This guy was a beast as well, he just fought and fought and fought regardless of the odds. He was often capable of turning the tide of any fight he joined in.
3. MurtaghTheBad: He is a killer, currently in Carphi killing anything next to him. He's an excellent player, great fighter, and more importantly the most adaptable.
4. Stormvoort: Not sure if anyone remembers this guy, but he had a very good specialty of destroying turtles, he was a beast in Cythera.
5. Bayaz: Never saw him play seriously, but this guy knew everything about grepolis mechanics. He spent his time on Carphi teaching newbies about the game. Great guy, and the second best timer I ever seen in Grepo.

DeletedUser52269

I'll take it a bit further here and specialize a bit. Sniper. Best sniper of all time: barrytheorc. You think you know of a better sniper? You don't. If there was 2 sec between your cs and bireme wall, kiss your cs goodbye. Every time. every... time. 1 sec gap? He'd hit on the majority of those. We had dedicated res cities and just shipped him wood, he'd crank out ls, and we'd let him do his thing. I've been playing since the beginning of Olynthus and I've never seen anything like it.

DeletedUser38277

There isn't a best player.This game is for team work so no player is better than other.Each and every player have a role in alliance-some attackers that are nothing without defenders-some that are great on timing stuff-some that pay attention on forum and MM and mark important and yell for help- some to keep alliance moral up-some to make fun of everything "_If you have your team mates behind then is ok so this tread is not about player.It must be for team.
I think i had the luck to play grepo with nice and funny alliance members. We had fun that is all that matters

DeletedUser

I'll take it a bit further here and specialize a bit. Sniper. Best sniper of all time: barrytheorc. You think you know of a better sniper? You don't. If there was 2 sec between your cs and bireme wall, kiss your cs goodbye. Every time. every... time. 1 sec gap? He'd hit on the majority of those. We had dedicated res cities and just shipped him wood, he'd crank out ls, and we'd let him do his thing. I've been playing since the beginning of Olynthus and I've never seen anything like it.

there is only really one factor that stops a player from hitting 1 second each time, and that is server/internet lag. I think you will find a much larger portion of players do this on a regular basis than you think.

DeletedUser16512

ive had the pleasure of playing with a lot of the names mentioned in here but the best team ever for me was Venom we fought hard as the whole server was fighting us in every direction and still we stood strong, i did leave then a merge happened Black venom they won the WW and still today the best team ever ( those players know who they are ) too many to name

DeletedUser14937

The best players are those who played over 3 or maybe 4 years ago and used to build up their cities, culture points and rebuild their armies faster than all of you can today without access to the ridiculous amount of premium features noobs take advantage of today to do just that and call themselves the top attacker, fighter blabla.

They probably grew faster than a large majority of players can today during the days when a normal speed 3 world was the rare really fast world everybody craved and I say normal because there was nothing called "unit speed" back then. Players who did not need 10 - 30 minute cship travel times to never fail taking their target.

In all honesty I don't think anyone who started the game a couple of years after the 2nd generation with all the graphics and stuff updated could ever be compared to the best players of the early years. Anyone who comes up here and tells me "well yea but now everyone has these features to its harder" nah if you're not in the top 100 ranks (I'm being very generous) in anything of a world you're not golding up and using these features frequently enough for it to matter or you're so dreadful it should count against these newbie best players because you're just continuously feeding them easy bps.

Insert back in my days..............

DeletedUser23413

Permanent Ban in en26 and The Syndicate in en65 are the best teams I have played against.

I am trying to avoid to mention The Syndicate in en88 as it is my team now but it is really of another level. Lol, some trolls will come comment about it.

DeletedUser22115

My buddies from Fusion back in Gamma and the guys from the original Eviction Notice and Snakes in Rho. These guys could definitely give the best a run for their money

DeletedUser32412

I can think of so many good players, hard to decide on who actually deserves the accolation of being great at grepolis..

Two names I have not seen mentioned are intoPain & ganniccus, both players who I would suggest usually give something more than say a good player.

I think it is great to have a thread like this as a lot of the time the really good players dont get credit, this game is a wash with some truely terrible players and to stand out as good imo isnt that hard, but to be great sure takes a lot of effort, unrewarded effort. So this is perhaps a little given from peers.

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
Have to agree with mightyduff, there are loads of great players, but no one can say for definite who's the greatest, working within a team and an alliance being able to grow and build and def and attack well together, communication is a key factor along with activity, i always say the one that wins in the end is the one that is the most active in the game.

DeletedUser54191

I've had a rotten year. Lost my mum. Other lousy RL stuff. Not played anything in a good long while. Picking up now, but still.

Out of boredom I stuck my old handle into google to see if anything came up, and here I am, named on a 'Best players of all time' thread. I never saw that coming.

Thanks Poppycles. For such a small thing, it really means a lot you mentioned me. It's made a rotten day that little bit better. Thank you.

And to the doubters...Yeah, I really am just that good >:D

Attachments

• snipe.JPG
    snipe.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 68

DeletedUser15181

Saw my name on a list ;-) with many great legends!!

I just started back today
With many changes to Grepolis since I last played.. I hope I can continue on where I left off..

So with that being given said...

CJ BACK IN THE HOUSE!!!

Let's not forget these great legends from Lambda many years ago..

Battle Points: Milestones
500 Points: skellyeye
2k Points: Saintchill
5k Points: Muttzy
12k Points: Jaybog
25k Points: Real Madrid
50k Points: Real Madrid
125k Points: cuculcan
250k Points: Scull35
500k Points: seljak
1 Million Points:cracker00jack