Greek Cup 2020 Feedback Thread

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
On Wednesday the 24th the Greek Cup event will begin. Feel free to post any questions or feedback about the event here.

DeletedUser55100

Great…. you are trying to introduce a new game format in Olympus but you introduce another event with rewards that will again make the participation in this new world practically meaningless. So nobody will be able to hold a siege for the next two weeks , players think "what is the point" and a few more players leave never to return.

Why bother asking for feedback when the majority of the feedback you have received for the past few years complain about the number of events, you don't listen so don't patronise us by pretending that you do.

The game has been dying for the past year or so, the enjoyment factor for many has long gone along with the participation of many long term players, however… a new game format and the chance to breath life into the game and you, basically, with yet another ridiculous event effectively choose to turn off life support. Well done.

T0M4S

Chiliarch
Great…. you are trying to introduce a new game format in Olympus but you introduce another event with rewards that will again make the participation in this new world practically meaningless. So nobody will be able to hold a siege for the next two weeks , players think "what is the point" and a few more players leave never to return.

Why bother asking for feedback when the majority of the feedback you have received for the past few years complain about the number of events, you don't listen so don't patronise us by pretending that you do.

The game has been dying for the past year or so, the enjoyment factor for many has long gone along with the participation of many long term players, however… a new game format and the chance to breath life into the game and you, basically, with yet another ridiculous event effectively choose to turn off life support. Well done.

Tbf this event is pretty useless for fliers - way weaker than the easter event which I agree makes the game unplayable early game because you cant hold sieges. This one is moreso for the global/alliance buffs and a few myths/shop buffs here and there.

Do agree though that maybe its a bit too soon after the last one...3-4 weeks gap between events would be better.

Shuri2060

Strategos
Tbf this event is pretty useless for fliers - way weaker than the easter event which I agree makes the game unplayable early game because you cant hold sieges. This one is moreso for the global/alliance buffs and a few myths/shop buffs here and there.

Do agree though that maybe its a bit too soon after the last one...3-4 weeks gap between events would be better.
I'd beg to differ. A continuous 40% BP + 20% ATK buff is a sure way to discourage sieges held against (most likely) the top ranking alliance in a server. That and breaking their sieges will end up being more beneficial to them than the breaking alliance. I find this continuous buff much worse to deal with than Flyer tokens. Only major spenders will have a lot of Flyer tokens in their inventory for the Easter event - for other players, they will quickly run out.

Not only that - you can still get flyers from the shop anyways. You might not be able to get as many without gold, but they will be much better with the boosts.

Perhaps if the DEF buff applied to sieges held by yourself it would help, but I think the issue will remain (the event widens the gap between competing alliances making it impossible to catch up with the leading alliance in some cases).

---------------------------------------------------

My feedback to help improve future events:

Increase the size/duration of DLU tokens and/or decrease their cost. To me this is the obvious way to balance against flyer tokens.

Last edited:

DeletedUser54339

This format of event has tilted every major war at an even keel in favour of the alliance with the deepest pockets. It is utterly absurd that the def buff runs out a week before the attack one does. How hard would it be to make sure all the awards start at the same time?

foogaloowhoOP

Strategos
This format of event has tilted every major war at an even keel in favour of the alliance with the deepest pockets. It is utterly absurd that the def buff runs out a week before the attack one does. How hard would it be to make sure all the awards start at the same time?

I disagree in regards of alliance with deep pockets winning this event, imo this is one of the least gold demanding event and one can do well with minimal gold. Activity is key here.

DeletedUser54339

I disagree in regards of alliance with deep pockets winning this event, imo this is one of the least gold demanding event and one can do well with minimal gold. Activity is key here.
You completely missed the point. Having the def buff run out before the attack one does is ridiculous.

Shuri2060

Strategos
The math wasn't done properly for the new feature in this event as far as I can see...

The Greece's best scores are just your Match scores divided by 100 rounded down. The Grepolympians' score takes the sum of these for the top 15% of players in the server.

Different disciplines have different formulas for the match scores, and this doesn't seem to have been taken into account.

For the first discipline, the best runners could get over 500, for the last under 300.

All in all, this basically meant it was impossible for us to get the community reward for the 3rd and 4th disciplines.

Check the Cup leaderboards for Grepolympians vs ??? and you will see this.

DeletedUser41523

I feel like the community rewards were very weak and impossible to achieve. I’d rather have the colony ships than the Corinthian merchants though.

the shop basically existed to feed units back into the event.