Greeks can walk on water?!?

DeletedUser

Having suffered from low mood from looting too often, I (think I have) discovered that the time it takes to attack the farm is calculated without any consideration for any obstructions.

I say this because, the village closest to me takes X minutes, while another village which is a bit further but separated by the ocean (but still on the same island), takes X+1.2 minutes.

So does this mean that we can raid farms not on our "island"

BUT there is a transport ship, so maybe it does do a final check to see the destination is on the final island.

Can anyone else add to this?

DeletedUser

To attack other islands you DO need a transport ship.

This is what I get from trying to support a player in bp who is on another island.. it says you need a transport ship.

DeletedUser

Yes, other islands require a boat to travel to, but I believe you are correct in your assertion that obstructions are not calculated in travel time, on your "home" island. I have noticed the same thing - that a farm village "closer" to mine by land takes longer to get to than another which is closer as the crow flies.

DeletedUser

Then I also assume that if you do use a transport ship, that islands will not be calculated in the time taken to travel as well!

DeletedUser

Of course, its made by Inno, they are too lazy for that :D

Easier for players too though ;)

DeletedUser

hehehe ya... but some myth units can fly, and I think they can attack other islands without the use of boats (thus increasing they're speed considerably)...

DeletedUser

Yeah, you need transport boat to attack other island, but you can't attack farms there, only players.

DeletedUser

I am pretty sure this thread is about islands with bays and gulfs and you manage to travel across that quicker than what you should. When you are supposed to walk around the bay not through it. I doubt you use ships to cross a simple bay.

DeletedUser

no, but mabie when your travling on a beach its easier than in the thick of a forest?

DeletedUser

This is a different game but in TW travel is in a straight line without regard to going around forest or villages.

DeletedUser

This is a different game but in TW travel is in a straight line without regard to going around forest or villages.

Indeed, in TW you can clearly walk through the lakes and forests...

I doubt however that they took the shape of each island into consideration, making you take a longer route for going around it. It's probably a straight line within the islands, and a straight one on the seas, but the two aren't related to each other.