Closed Grepo Quiz - Test your knowledge.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Greetings Mortals,

Let’s test your Grepo knowledge with 20 questions.

There will be 3 prizes of 2000 gold.

If there are more than 3 players with the same highest score they all go through to round 2. Round 2, if required, with be more tricky.
Submit your answers below: No one else can see them. Answers will be posted after the competition ends in the Acropolis. The decision of the Gods is final. Competition Closes 31 May 12.00. If there is a need for a tiebreak players will have 48 hours to participate.

Good luck.

1. How can you kill a siege?
2. What is the most efficient way to kill 2000 swords
3. In which world could you conquer a mods city?
4. What resources do you need to build 500 slingers
5. What are the requirements for Last Stand?
6. Why do you build a fireship? (several accepted answers here).
7. In Greek Mythology who was Zeus’ father?
8. Which troops do you kill in the competition “Spartan Assassins”?
9. Name 3 spells which will assist with defence. (several accepted answers)
10. What are the requirements to conquest a city? Name 3
11. Which Myth Units are sharp? Name 4
12. What is the minimum attack?
13. Where in Ancient Greece did the minotaur live? Who killed him?
14. What should you do if your city has a blue revolt? (Panic is not the answer).
15. How can you minimise the anti-timer without breaking the Rules - name 2
16. What are the 4 ways to maximise population?
17. How long does it take after joining an alliance before you can send contributions to a WW?
18. What was our 4th world and which Alliance won it?
19. What are the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World?
20. Hydna was the heroine of which naval battle? When was this?

Last edited:

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Grepolis Quiz - answers out of 40

First I would like to say Well Done to all who contributed. We had lots of entries and most of you did extremely well.
We have 9 players who achieved full marks so to determine our 3 winners we will run a tiebreak 5 questions.

Winners of Round 1

@T0M4S
@ uvis123456789
@ Fluvisol
@Spartan AD
@ Andre Rex
@ Jimothy5
@ Shuri2060
@ Emeror fakih
@kingpg28

I have also learnt that questions need to have specific answers and a number of these were a bit ambiguous. On that basis I was generous and where there could have been a misunderstanding everyone was given the marks so that this was fair.

1. How can you kill a siege?
A; Attack it and destroy all naval and/or all land support. 1

2. What is the most efficient way to kill 2000 swords?
There was a missing part to this question. It was supposed to say What is the most efficient way to kill 2000 swords with 2000 pop when the swords are defending with a 0 wall? That was then a specific answer. Since the question was ambiguous all sensible answers were accepted
A: Sharp attack – Medusa, hops, chariots, manti as examples. 1

3. In which world could you conquer a mods city?
This was supposed to refer to the recent competition or others like it. Again a bit ambiguous so any answer that could be deemed correct was given the marks. 1
A: Pseira

4. What resources do you need to build 500 slingers 1
A:27500 wood, 50000 rock, 20000 silver
Ans specifying conscription reduced costs also accepted.

5. What are the requirements for Last Stand? 1
A: Alliance has to reach specified Domination value/%.

6. Why do you build a fireship - several accepted answers here 1
A:To use with a CS in case of other fireships, as a def anchor, to gain a bp advantage in a stacked defensive situation.

7. In Greek Mythology who was Zeus’ father 1
A: Cronus

8. Which troops do you kill in the competition “Spartan Assasins” 3
A: Sapper/Legionaire/Cavalry 3 marks - Romans only gained 1 mark

9. Name 3 spells which will assist with defence 3
A: City Protection, sea storm, rage but you can argue most spells can assist in some way so anything reasonable accepted.

10. What are the requirements to conquest a city – name 3 3
A:CSbuilt/researched, harbour 10, conquest researched, naval and land troops

11. Which Myth Units are sharp – name 4. 4
A: Manti/Pegasae/Medusa/Calydonian Bear

12. What is the minimum attack? 1
A: 3% I did accept answers where the exact % was not specified but the explanation showed a basic understanding that this was a set % based on troops built in the city.

13. Where in Ancient Greece did the minotaur live? Who killed him? 2
A: Crete/Labyrinth/Palace of Knossos and Theseus

14. What should you do if your city has a blue revolt (Panic is not the answer) 1
A: Snipe/Defend – anything reasonable is ok here

15. What mechanisms are available to mitigate the anti-timer without breaking the Rules - name 2 2
A: anchors, attack/cancel, attack planner, splitting nukes

16. What are the 4 ways to maximise population 4
A:Farm/plow/thermal baths/land expansion. Accepted demolition of buildings also

17. How long does it take after joining an alliance before you can send contributions to a WW? 1
This was the answer most often not known.
A: 72 hrs

18. What was our 4th world – which alliance won it? 2
A: Delta - Harbingers

19.What are the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World 5. (1/2 point each or 5 for all)

• the Great Pyramid of Giza, Egypt.
• the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.
• the Statue of Zeus at Olympia, Greece.
• the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus.
• the Mausoleum at Halicarnassus.
• the Colossus of Rhodes.
• the Lighthouse of Alexandria, Egypt.

20. Hydna was the heroine of which naval battle? 2
A: Salamis 480BC was what I was expecting but we also accepted Mount Pelium and Artemisium.

Hydna

Grepolis Team
Well all I can say is that our finalists are awesome grepoists! At one point I thought I was going to need another round but we have our winners. This round I marked far more critically – if it wasn’t a perfect answer they didn’t get the mark.

We have 2 players who only lost 1 mark – I am honestly amazed.

Joint 1st with 39/40 @T0M4S and @kingpg28

3rd with 38/40 @Spartan AD

All 3 receive 2000 gold

Most of the others were within only a couple of marks so it was very close. Thank you to all participants including the round 1 guys you all did really well.

Answers:

1.When an alliance builds 4 world wonders for the first time in a world what do the alliance members receive? 2 x 2 points
Award ‘Victor of the world’ and the favour cap increase of 10% (Zeus’ spark) – 2 points
Name listed in Hall of Fame -2points

2. What is morale here? Player A attacks player B -
Player A 100k points
Player B 10k points

a: [(10,000/100,000)*3+0.3]*100 = 60% assuming 7 cities or less. 6 points

3. Which heroes will give me assistance in a city where I am building and using only manticores. This is assistance of any kind provided the manticores directly or indirectly benefit. Only one resource hero may be included. There are 12 possible answers – name 10. – 10 points.

Deimos urephon atlanta democritas ferkyon heracles Leonidas Jason perseus apheledes christopholous
These heroes improve resources: andromeda, terelea, ylestres, rekonos
10 points

4. What is this and where would you find it? (Ocean 45 is not the answer) 3 points each

1591179744135.png

A small temple to Athena (the yellow colour denotes Athena) To gain 3 you had to say ‘small’ ‘temple’ and ‘Athena’- 3

A world with the Olympus endgame currently only in the beta server - I gave 3 points for either Olympus/sandbox 16/ref to devblog - anything that suggested the game setting where you would find this.

5. Sophocles said "Success is dependent on effort." Where is this quoted in the grepolis wiki? 4 points
https://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Basics 4 points

6. How long after a world starts can you receive the following awards
Ruler of the World 3 points
Great Power of the Day 3 points

Ruler of the World 60 days 3
Great Power of the Day 30 days 3

7. Who am I? My tribe are shepherds but it is said sometimes we build thunderbolts. Nobody blinded me. In another life I am a defender. My picture is not flattering! 4 points

Polyphemus gets you 4

Polyphemus is the Cyclops blinded by Odysseus on his journey home from Troy. Odysseus, when asked for his name said he was called Nobody. I gave 2 points for Cyclops and up to 3 points for additional information relating to Cyclops but to get 4 you had to actually say Polyphemus because the question was “Who am I”

The exception was @Shuri. He did not say Polyphemus but wow he found every historical reference for my clues and then failed to say the actual name! He even pointed out the Euripides play where the Odysseus myth is referenced. He got 3.5!