Grepo tip thread

DeletedUser

After thinking some I thought that every player could give one tip on how to improve another's skills and growth in grepolis.

Here is mine:

Stay active! :pro:

DeletedUser

Most mythical units are utterly pointless and should never be built (Minotaurs, Hydras, Cyclops and Centaurs in particular).

DeletedUser

Choose the right alliance. If you don't have the ability to choose, do your best to show interest, activity and excitement for the game. You will gain respect and maybe even join the elite.

DeletedUser

Most mythical units are utterly pointless and should never be built (Minotaurs, Hydras, Cyclops and Centaurs in particular).

Mino's are good at farming and defense mixed with other defensive units

the other day i hit a city stacked with 45 Hydra and they screwed my LS Nuke :(

DeletedUser

My tip of the day would be get dedicated Pegasus cities to snipe with; due to the speed and working as a team most teams can snipe any CS with them.

DeletedUser

Here is a tip raider's gave me and it helps well:

Build your senate and warehouse up first. They will help out in the long run due to senate bringing build time down and then the warehouse giving more space.

DeletedUser10984

Grepolis is almost as much about endurance as it is about skill. So always remember just because a battle is lost does not mean the war is over.

DeletedUser

Never underestimate the manticores because they are fast,they can fly pass any enemy ships and they don't need transports,so there will be more of population space to use for more manticores.They are also great at breaking sieges.

DeletedUser

Never underestimate the manticores because they are fast,they can fly pass any enemy ships and they don't need transports,so there will be more of population space to use for more manticores.They are also great at breaking sieges.

Several good points there.

However, zeta is a revolt server - we don't lay siege to enemy cities to conquer. In my opinion, manticore nukes are more useful on conquest worlds for that reason alone - if the city is stacked with 4k biremes, but very little land defense, manticores will be very useful.

I've never actually used manticore nukes on any world, but I'm thinking about giving it a try.

On topic: If you've fallen under attack, don't request support unless you truly need it. Don't make a big deal about one or two attacks that meant nothing. Furthermore, when requesting support, be clear about what you need, where you need it, how much you need, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14786

Grepolis is almost as much about endurance as it is about skill. So always remember just because a battle is lost does not mean the war is over.

I think I identify with this most. Get to know the people you play with; most of the players in the top 100 points and top 100 abp rankings spend several hours in this game every day; it's almost a way of life for some people and is meant to be social.

DeletedUser

Raid daily. using every city.
that means even your LS cities have a small troop to strengthen/raid villages.
if you raid with all cities (feed your resource to new cities that are building up) and do it more often than your enemy then you will grow faster than him.

my tips for ZETA.....
its later in the game here... talk to people make contacts and look at the global picture.... choose allegiances wisely. IMO its too late to form new alliances based on new players joining (population growth) but only from merge/partial merges of groups of current players, behind known and respected leader teams in the server.

DeletedUser

Raid daily. using every city.
that means even your LS cities have a small troop to strengthen/raid villages.
if you raid with all cities (feed your resource to new cities that are building up) and do it more often than your enemy then you will grow faster than him.

my tips for ZETA.....
its later in the game here... talk to people make contacts and look at the global picture.... choose allegiances wisely. IMO its too late to form new alliances based on new players joining (population growth) but only from merge/partial merges of groups of current players, behind known and respected leader teams in the server.

What if you choose a high ranking alliance but there recruited wont let you in? Would there be certain things you should do to prove your worth there time?

DeletedUser19554

well considering if i had to name a greek god to describe zeta.I would call it ares so you should probaly prove yourself in battle and be very active and grow fast

DeletedUser5757

What if you choose a high ranking alliance but there recruited wont let you in? Would there be certain things you should do to prove your worth there time?

well, looking atm what you said and you location, you have chosen spartiates (bad choice :cool: )

RECRUITMENT
Open/Limited/Closed
-MUST FOLLOW THE RULES OF OUR ALLIANCE
-MUST BE AN ACTIVE PLAYER
-Must be within support distance
-Must be of loyal and good reputation
thats quite obviouse,
prove you are active, get close enough to support them (but be sure they dont kill you ;) )
get a good reputation :D
(you are working hard on that and on activity looking at how you are on the forum :)

and the last thing would be grow a bit,
you have 13856 points
the only player they have with less points is kdc29 (who btw really has to change or gondor/rohan or helmsdeep, because helmsdeep was a fortress (so it is a logical name for a city) and gondor/rohan are countries.......
thats like giving your cities the names:
america
russia
new york

thats just not right :D

but i hope this helps mate :)

DeletedUser

tip of the day:

if you are trying to survive the game... colonize a bunch of islands

*cough* sovietspartan *cough*

:p

oh and btw
the only player they have with less points is kdc29 (who btw really has to change or gondor/rohan or helmsdeep, because helmsdeep was a fortress (so it is a logical name for a city) and gondor/rohan are countries.......
thats like giving your cities the names:
america
russia
new york

thats just not right :D

look who is talking... a sample of randomly chosen city names from SS:
Amsterdam (cool a city name)
going to hurt (bold statement)
hakmarrja a kristit (translation please)
helmsdeep (ooo I see a connection here)
Italy (that's like a country right?)
Japan (this one is an island so i guess it's not a country hahaha)
etc
etc

DON'T JUDGE

DeletedUser5757

hey lokky, the difference is that i choce going to hurt, because that was meant both sides (it has already hurt you guys and me :D)
hakmarrja a kristit (its albanian and it means kristi's revenge, was a message from an albanier i know to another albanier)
and helmsdeep (as i love LOTR)
the the others you names are not named by me :)
in other words, i dont have a theme

he at the other hand has a theme :D
and if his theme is LOTR that would be correct, but then at least start with countries or cities and when you run out of those switch.....

and hey..... have you seen the island you guys have colonised?
*cough* near G6.zanbar *cough*

but thanks that you think my tactics are that great :)